What Movies or TV shows are you watching (2024)

Rimmer

Nowadays the most interested beautiful "movie" is watching our financial Mickey Mause economy.

We have installed hundrends of windturbo to produse "cheap" electricity and althought we have oversupply the price of electricity is high...................

• Confused 6

On 1/2/2024 at 9:15 AM, KhunLA said:

If not for torrents ... I'd have to find another hobby for my night time hours, since not a bar fly, and not much happens in rural PKK.

Amen. I never feel bad if the download is a stinker. Just delete it. The price was right though.

I don't watch TV except from 7-9pm. Just not a good use of my time.

I'm into season 2 of Battlestar Galactica reboot. Worth a watch and better than the original. Sorry to say the blonde bombshell Cylon doesn't seem very attractive to me.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, RocketDog said:

Amen. I never feel bad if the download is a stinker. Just delete it. The price was right though.

I don't watch TV except from 7-9pm. Just not a good use of my time.

I'm into season 2 of Battlestar Galactica reboot. Worth a watch and better than the original. Sorry to say the blonde bombshell Cylon doesn't seem very attractive to me.

And I saw her in something recently. Sure didn't age well.

• Agree 1

Watched the movie "The Holdovers" last night and struggled to stay with it, as I found it very average despite its good reviews!!

Also noticed the Paul Giamatti has a strange "gait" or a gammy right foot??? Never noticed it before?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mstevens said:

We watched Axel F last night. Enjoyed it. If you liked the original Beverly Hills Cop movies, you’ll enjoy it. It’s very much like the first 3 with the same characters, same music, same mix of action and comedy, all in all a nice walk down memory lane!

Thanks @mstevens. I'll have a look at that.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, mstevens said:

We watched Axel F last night. Enjoyed it. If you liked the original Beverly Hills Cop movies, you’ll enjoy it. It’s very much like the first 3 with the same characters, same music, same mix of action and comedy, all in all a nice walk down memory lane!

Downloading it right now from 1337X in high quality. You have subs?

Ignore my request, file descriptions says has subs included.

Edited by CallumWK

On 7/3/2024 at 1:17 PM, xylophone said:

Watched the movie "The Holdovers" last night and struggled to stay with it, as I found it very average despite its good reviews!!

Also noticed the Paul Giamatti has a strange "gait" or a gammy right foot??? Never noticed it before?

It was a slow burn but I enjoyed it.

Giamatti used a prop to feign an eye issue perhaps the gait was staged too.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/1/2024 at 9:02 PM, Paris333 said:

Nowadays the most interested beautiful "movie" is watching our financial Mickey Mause economy.

We have installed hundrends of windturbo to produse "cheap" electricity and althought we have oversupply the price of electricity is high...................

?

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, CallumWK said:

Downloading it right now from 1337X in high quality. You have subs?

Ignore my request, file descriptions says has subs included.

I watched it on Netflix and yes, it had Thai subs so the Mrs could enjoy it too. As for the download, sorry, I really don't know.

Posted (edited)

Saw "Uranus 2324" Romance/Action/Sci-Fi Uranus 2324 (2024) - IMDb today and enjoyed it. Cute story, and overall, a pretty good picture, although the English dialog was terrible. 6.5/10

My wife loved it. She would probably give it a 9 or 10

Edited by Yellowtail

Posted (edited)
On 7/3/2024 at 9:42 AM, RocketDog said:

I'm into season 2 of Battlestar Galactica reboot. Worth a watch and better than the original.

Great, great series for SF fans. Went off the rails in the last season or so, but still watchable.

On 7/3/2024 at 9:42 AM, RocketDog said:

Sorry to say the blonde bombshell Cylon doesn't seem very attractive to me.

Talk's cheap on the 'net. In other circumstances, you could well decide you were just abysmally wrong about that.

Edited by BigStar
  • Sad 1

New Aussie series has just dropped.

Keddie plays a writer who meets rancher Wenham on a dating app. Thinking he's ideal, she commits to him, only to find he's misrepresented himself. She uncovers his lies.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I have watched three movies over the past week and of them, "Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" was the best by a long shot.

For some strange reason I downloaded and watched, "Furiosa: a Mad Max saga" not really thinking about it and the good thing about the movie was that I didn't have to think because it was an absolute load of codswallop, probably good for the stuntmen and women to earn their salary, but for little else. They should leave the original Mad Max to rest in peace!

Then there was a movie which had one of my favourite actors in it, Kristen Stewart, called, "Love Lies Bleeding" and it wasn't brilliant but it was okay apart from the last two or three minutes when it appears that the director had run out of ideas on how to finish the movie, so came up with something totally unrealistic and "unworldly".

There seems to be a dearth of good movies around at the moment, but I will keep searching.

On 7/7/2024 at 8:44 AM, Will27 said:

New Aussie series has just dropped.

Keddie plays a writer who meets rancher Wenham on a dating app. Thinking he's ideal, she commits to him, only to find he's misrepresented himself. She uncovers his lies.

There's a few plot holes, but overall this was quite enjoyable, especially the performances by Asher Keddie and David Wenham.

• Like 1