Blast from the Past - 60's, 70's, 80's,90's Music (2024)

CharlieH

I'm listening to the music and it brings tears to my eyes because they are dead ...   my family is dead and relatives

They are all dead and their talent was exceptional .... 

and we were blessed to hear it ...

I am so sad now ... I've had many beers and all my relatives and family are dead.  Im here...  but I didn't go to see them in the last 20 yrs or more before they died.     That's not good

many entertainers are dead and gone ..

Freddy Fender

Elvis

Bee Gees

Kenny Rodgers

Tina Turner  

and many more ...

On 2/26/2024 at 3:50 AM, bannork said:

Terry Williams on drums before he hit the big time with Dire Straits.

Also in Man's Welsh Prog Rock/ Phychedelic Rock lineup is Deke Leonard on guitar. Was also in his own band Iceberg at the same time, and would jump between Man and Iceberg to keep the money rolling in.

Be Good To Your Self At Least Once A Day (1972) which Bananas is on, and produced by Dave Edmunds  unfortunately was one he missed out on.

This from Deke's 1973 Album.

Another off shoot of Man was The Neutrons, which was more keyboard / synth oriented. This from their debut album Black Hole Star in 1974, recorded at Rockfield Studios in Monmouthshire, Wales. Rockfield was setup by a couple of farmers who were looking to diversify. Rockfield was the world's first residential recording studios. Still working today, and if no one is in residence, the accommodation is available to book on AirBnB. In fact, Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody was  recorded there.

@bannork, thanks for the inspirational trip down memory lane.

Edited by RayWright
  • Love It 1