Border Hop at Poi Pet with Non O Visa

Hey all,

Will there be any issues doing a straight in and out at Poi Pet Border with a Multi Entry Non O? I understand it can be tricky there without a visa but would I have any issues with a Valid Non O?

Normally I would do an overnighter to Phnom Penh but just want a quick and easy alternative this time

Many thanks for any advice

Go to Ban Pakkad instead, it's ~100km from Poi Pet and you can do an in-and-out if you have a multiple entry visa. I did it last month. They might ask for an extra payment on the Cambodian side for getting stamped out immediately. Just make it clear that you already have a visa for Thailand.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/3/2024 at 1:56 PM, VintageTQ said:

Hey all,

Will there be any issues doing a straight in and out at Poi Pet Border with a Multi Entry Non O? I understand it can be tricky there without a visa but would I have any issues with a Valid Non O?

Normally I would do an overnighter to Phnom Penh but just want a quick and easy alternative this time

Many thanks for any advice

I asked the same question within the last year (or so) and was advised by Ubonjoe (may he RIP) that I should go to Ban Laem-Kamrieng crossing.  It adds a few extra KMs to the journey, but I had no problems there. I found it much cheaper and safer to fly to KL on AirAsia, which is what I did the next 'hop'. 

10 minutes ago, AgMech Cowboy said:

I asked the same question within the last year (or so) and was advised by Ubonjoe (may he RIP) that I should go to Ban Laem-Kamrieng crossing.  It adds a few extra KMs to the journey, but I had no problems there. I found it much cheaper and safer to fly to KL on AirAsia, which is what I did the next 'hop'. 

Exactly.

Also @BritTim suggested same.

Good advice above from @highfive also.