Malaysia's New Digital Arrival Card Effective Jan 1st 2024

44 minutes ago, MarcelV said:

What about Europeans who are not from one of the mentioned countries? Are we still allowed to visit Malaysia by just filling out the MDAC?

Wonder, if filling in a Thai phone number will lead to confusion. (When travelling to NZ last year, I almost missed my flight, as, truthfully, I had stated for the ETA that my latest passport was issued by my country's consulate in Hong Kong, meaning the system ignored my nationality, but presumed that I was 'Chinese' due to my passport having been issued abroad in a Chinese territory... Same for other online forms that often change back, again and again, the country code, e.g. +66 for Thailand to the one for one's home country...)

Edited by StayinThailand2much
  • Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

I plan to do a one day visa run via KLIA (I have a multiple NON-O) I am wondering what to put in the address section for the airport. I will only be there for a few hours so I'm assuming just put the airport address? Anyone else had to do a similar trip recently? Any advice regarding the address section would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

On 1/17/2024 at 2:36 PM, Sam555 said:

I plan to do a one day visa run via KLIA (I have a multiple NON-O) I am wondering what to put in the address section for the airport. I will only be there for a few hours so I'm assuming just put the airport address? Anyone else had to do a similar trip recently? Any advice regarding the address section would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

For Accommodation, I chose OTHER

For the Address in Malaysia, I put N/A

For State and City, I chose Perlis and added 02000 for a Perlis Postcode

After submitting, you will receive an email that says - Auto-Reply: Malaysia Digital Arrival Card (MDAC) - Registration Acknowledgement.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Foxx said:

The infographic includes a 2D bar code, but the acknowledgement email doesn't - just plain text.  Does that sound right?

Yes, that sounds right.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

I visited the Wang Prachan border in Satun today.

I went through the same procedures as last time but was informed that the requirement has been lifted for this border crossing.

It is now only mandatory to go through these procedures when arriving at an airport.

Therefore, everything is now back to the way it was before.

Edited by BillyBobzTeeth
  • Thanks 1