Trump says he hopes economy crashes in next 12 months: ‘I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover’

CharlieH

19 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

DJIA continues a strong run closing the week at 38,654, but the January jobs report blew the doors off expectations.

Unemployment remains below 4% for two years running, another record. 

Even the Fox Klowns, like Kudlow, admitted they were wrong.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MmlPlkxgm8g

Biden is CRUSHING it.

The US didn’t just avoid a recession — it’s adding hundreds of thousands of new jobs

WASHINGTON (AP) — The nation’s employers delivered a stunning burst of hiring to begin 2024, adding 353,000 jobs in January in the latest sign of the economy’s continuing ability to shrug off the highest interest rates in two decades.

Friday’s government report showed that last month’s job gain — roughly twice what economists had predicted — topped the December gain of 333,000, a figure that was itself revised sharply higher. The unemployment rate stayed at 3.7%, just above a half-century low.

Wages rose unexpectedly fast in January, too. Average hourly pay climbed a sharp 0.6% from December, the fastest monthly gain in nearly two years, and 4.5% from January 2023. The strong hiring and wage growth could complicate or delay the Federal Reserve’s intention to start cutting interest rates later this year.

https://apnews.com/article/jobs-hiring-unemployment-economy-inflation-federal-reserve-f314482e7e9d85e7db0e3f8713bb6273.

Edited by earlinclaifornia
  • Haha 2

On 2/3/2024 at 3:08 AM, nauseus said:

Contradict what? Just because the WH did not disclose this immediately it doesn't mean nobody else did.

Did you spend all night digging this up?  

Donald and Melania Trump received Covid vaccine at the White House in January

The vaccination was disclosed long after Trump left the White House.

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/11/2024 at 2:44 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

OK listen up.

That sentence is in 2 parts:

1/ and when there is a crash. That means that he thinks that there will be a crash, along with not a few people

2/ I hope it’s going to be during this next 12 months because I don’t want to be Herbert Hoover That means he doesn't want to inherit the expected crash when he is president.

Is that simple enough for you, or do you want me to break it down further so you can grasp the concept? Do you understand what WHEN means? I can find a definition if you require one.

You truly have a crappy job - trying to make people think Trump never said that he hoped the economy would crash.  Because even you know that would be a really stupid thing to say.

No, trying to educate the less informed is a rewarding job.

Yes, it would be a really stupid thing to say, if he had said it, but as I've explained to you he didn't say that.

I know it's a hard concept to understand, but keep at it and one day you may be able to do so. That will be a happy day for you.

Good job parsing words. It's an old troll technique.

Do you think Trump still wants to talk about the coming crash, given his new company now selling shares?

Its amazing how the Trump fans have already forgotten about his hopes for a crash before the election.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

Good job parsing words. It's an old troll technique.

Do you think Trump still wants to talk about the coming crash, given his new company now selling shares?

Its amazing how the Trump fans have already forgotten about his hopes for a crash before the election.

If the market crashes.....Biden's fault!

If the market soars...Everybody expects I will win in November

I believe it's "having his cake and eating it, too", is why he's morbidly obese. In his case it's a bucket of KFC with a couple of Big Macs on the side.

• Love It 1
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

If the market crashes.....Biden's fault!

If the market soars...Everybody expects I will win in November

I believe it's "having his cake and eating it, too", is why he's morbidly obese. In his case it's a bucket of KFC with a couple of Big Macs on the side.

The point is that very few Trump fans thought about Trump's prediction before rushing out to lose money on Truth Social stock.

Collective amnesia is a thing, when it comes to Trump.

Edited by Danderman123
  • Agree 1