Registered letter to England

jonesthepost

Send aregistered letter to you UK 28 dec. on tracking  progess it left thailand 29 dec to Doha and they sent it to The Dominican repulic central america  arrived there 30 dec and still there. On contacting thai post they told me  that was right and could take about 3 weks to get to UK  but could not tell as to why it was sent  

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, jonesthepost said:

Send aregistered letter to you UK 28 dec. on tracking  progess it left thailand 29 dec to Doha and they sent it to The Dominican repulic central america  arrived there 30 dec and still there. On contacting

thai post they told me  that was right and could take about 3 weks to get to UK  but could not tell as to why it was sent  

Rephrase, don’t understand.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, jonesthepost said:

Send aregistered letter to you UK 28 dec. on tracking  progess it left thailand 29 dec to Doha and they sent it to The Dominican repulic central america  arrived there 30 dec and still there. On contacting

thai post they told me  that was right and could take about 3 weks to get to UK  but could not tell as to why it was sent  

Whenever  I use Thai Post Track &Trace / EMS, what ever it is called, the normal timescale is about 5 days.

I think you were just unlucky, and your letter got waylaid for some reason.

• Agree 1

Dominican republic???

What the heck does it have to do there? Far out of the way.

Does tracking say that in clear terms or some code?

Edited by KhunBENQ

2 hours ago, BenStark said:

Edit : I believe also registered letter will only get updated when delivered

I sent some registered letters to Germany.

All I can see is "passed Bangkok" and "arrived Frankfurt", left Frankfurt and delivered.

Never can see any flight details/routes.

3 hours ago, BenStark said:
3 hours ago, The Cyclist said:

Whenever  I use Thai Post Track &Trace / EMS, what ever it is called, the normal timescale is about 5 days.

I think you were just unlucky, and your letter got waylaid for some reason.

Registered (signed for) letter and EMS are 2 different things.

Registered letters, Bangkok to UK, usually take about five days.

18 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

They both travel on the same plane!  

Express post will travel on direct flights, while other post will travel on any flight that is available,

image.png.fca1015c20168cb6c191ff889f99be95.png

Edited by BenStark
  • Haha 1

Something very wrong here. In general terms, Registered mail will show show OE outward. at swampy in the tracking, and then nothing is listed until it arrives in its destination country when it re-enters the mail system.

It would help if the OP had some clarity to his post.

Royal Mail once gave an example of how important correct and complete U.K. Post Codes are. The sender knew the postal area was London W1 but didn't know (or tried to find out) the second part of the Post Code. W1 was read by the sorters as WI hence the letter went across the pond to the West Indies. The very helpful post office being America direction guessed WI was the abbreviation for the US State of Wisconsin. The letter was forwarded to the USA. From there it was rerouted to London W1 and eventually delivered to the correct address.

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

I sent some registered letters to Germany.

All I can see is "passed Bangkok" and "arrived Frankfurt", left Frankfurt and delivered.

Never can see any flight details/routes.

4 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Dominican republic???

What the heck does it have to do there? Far out of the way.

Does tracking say that in clear terms or some code?

yes quite clear and the flight numbers from from bangkok to doha and doha to dominic republic 

2 hours ago, CharlieH said:

Something very wrong here. In general terms, Registered mail will show show OE outward. at swampy in the tracking, and then nothing is listed until it arrives in its destination country when it re-enters the mail system.

It would help if the OP had some clarity to his post.

Yes if goes direct but this one is shown in tracking to go to doha with flight number and then to domanincan republic with flight number 

15 hours ago, The Fugitive said:

Royal Mail once gave an example of how important correct and complete U.K. Post Codes are. The sender knew the postal area was London W1 but didn't know (or tried to find out) the second part of the Post Code. W1 was read by the sorters as WI hence the letter went across the pond to the West Indies. The very helpful post office being America direction guessed WI was the abbreviation for the US State of Wisconsin. The letter was forwarded to the USA. From there it was rerouted to London W1 and eventually delivered to the correct address.

Most important is the clear and unmistakable name of the country at the end.

Official postal code for United Kingdom is GB by the way.

Similar to what Thai immigration uses (GBR ?).

Edited by KhunBENQ

I've found that carefully and clearly printing in block letters the address of the recipient is the surest way to get a letter to the proper destination, and even that can fail, I suppose.

One year my aunt sent me a birthday greeting card in October, but I didn't get it until December because someone or some machine in the US postal service thought that it was bound for Ireland, not Thailand.  She had addressed the card in cursive script rather than printing out my address. 

Moral of the story is to take the extra time to clearly print the recipient's address in order to lessen any confusion.