E-visa Vietnam

4 hours ago, sandyf said:

Has anyone successfully submitted e-visa application recently on the official site.

I get the 403 message on site I used previously and the same happens when I go to submit application on this one.

https://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn/bocongan/bothutuc/tthc?matt=26277

Try this site

https://evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn/trang-chu-ttdt

51 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

That is the one I said I had used previously

This site can’t be reached

evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn unexpectedly closed the connection.

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

2 hours ago, sandyf said:

That is the one I said I had used previously

evisa.xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn unexpectedly closed the connection.

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

I've had no trouble getting an evisa on the site I mentioned

15 hours ago, ozfarang said:

I've had no trouble getting an evisa on the site I mentioned

How long ago? - the error message is from the link you posted, returned the same domain xuatnhapcanh.gov.vn.

The same error message is returned from the application button on the new government portal.

https://dichvucong.bocongan.gov.vn/bocongan/bothutuc/tthc?matt=26277

evisa.immigration.gov.vn unexpectedly closed the connection.

ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED

Looks to me that the e-visa has gone the same way as the VOA in that you have to deal through an agent. It appears that the government site now requires registration, hence the 403 message, and registration requires a Vietnamese ID number.

• 3 months later...

Both websites are functioning.

My question is what the eVisa entails when it comes to stickers in the passport. Most countries issue a postage stamp-sized sticker on entry and the only additional things are the regular entry and exit stamps?

Is the Vietnam eVisa a similarly small sticker or is it a full-page sticker like a regular visa?

Thanks.

5 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Is the Vietnam eVisa a similarly small sticker or is it a full-page sticker like a regular visa?

The Vietnam e-visa will come by email, it is a single page PDF document that you need to print off and have available on arrival. 

Your passport will only be stamped in and out as normal.

On 4/22/2024 at 3:45 PM, sandyf said:

The Vietnam e-visa will come by email, it is a single page PDF document that you need to print off and have available on arrival. 

Your passport will only be stamped in and out as normal.

Thanks. I was asking if there was an additional sticker. The Laos eVisa has the postage stamp-sized visa sticker in addition to entry/exit stamps, as does Korea and Malaysia.

But if there's no sticker at all for the Vietnam eVisa, even better!

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Thanks. I was asking if there was an additional sticker. The Laos eVisa has the postage stamp-sized visa sticker in addition to entry/exit stamps, as does Korea and Malaysia.

There was nothing other than the entry/exit stamps when I went to Laos last year on E-visa.

There was no sticker last time I went to Malaysia a couple of years ago but I did get one back in 2014. Bit of a surprise as I had been KL the year before and never got one. That was by air, was on the train to Penang when they used  the sticker, it had a tear off tab and left part behind.  I was on last page of passport and they put it right in middle of remaing space causing bit of a problem.

Never been to Korea.

1 hour ago, sandyf said:

There was nothing other than the entry/exit stamps when I went to Laos last year on E-visa.

Had to fill out an entry/exit form entering land border from Nong Khai but nothing else. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Had to fill out an entry/exit form entering land border from Nong Khai but nothing else. 

I flew into LP and can't remember an arrival card but could have been. They opened the back doors and we were first off the plane, I was through immigration quicker than my wife.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, The Fugitive said:
4 hours ago, sandyf said:

eVisa entry at Savanakhet late March 2023, small visa 'Entry Permission' sticker + entry and exit stamps.

94158.thumb.jpg.d1cae5600eaebde03488ae10ab12ec25.jpg

Edited by NanLaew

12 hours ago, NanLaew said:

eVisa entry at Savanakhet late March 2023, small visa 'Entry Permission' sticker + entry and exit stamps.

Apologies, I looked back at my old passports and when I went to Luan Prabang in Jan 23  I did get the same sticker as you show but never noticed. Nothing on previous visits but they were some years prior.

Same with Malaysia last visit was Feb 2020 and certainly no sticker on entry to Vietnam 2 months ago.

22 hours ago, NanLaew said:

There is no sticker for the Vietnam eVisa.  They just put an entry stamp put in your passport.  I just went to Vietnam on an eVisa this month.