Non O V Non B

Could someone please clear this up for me:

I have been here in Bangkok on two consecutive 12 month Non Immigrant B visas.

I am going to Vientianne to apply for another Non immigrant visa in one month in order to apply for a work permit as this one has expired and I am currently on a tourist visa.

Should I, apply for an O visa given that I am married to a thai citizen and then apply for a work permit and if I do, am I required to show 400K in a bank account? or:

should I apply for a B visa then a work permit? Which visa is "better"

Any advice regarding the success rates of obtaining the above visas from Laos, ie, does anyone know of anyone whose applications have been rejected or accepted at this embassy recently? Should I go to another country?

Thank you everyone.

i think u better go to penang,malaysia.Its one of the visa friendliest consulate in the region.I think getting an O visa would be easier for you,as you don't have to use much documentation to show the consulate just having the marriage registration certificate and wife's ID card copy will do it for you.No need to show 400K in bank to the consulate.And u always can get a work permit on a NON-O.In case of NON-B visa,you have to have a company invitation letter willing to employ you as well as a lot of requirements.Do u have them?

Could someone please clear this up for me:

I have been here in Bangkok on two consecutive 12 month Non Immigrant B visas.

I am going to Vientianne to apply for another Non immigrant visa in one month in order to apply for a work permit as this one has expired and I am currently on a tourist visa.

Should I,  apply for an O visa given that I am married to a thai citizen and then apply for a work permit and if I do, am I required to show 400K in a bank account? or:

should I apply for a B visa then a work permit? Which visa is "better"

Any advice regarding the success rates of obtaining the above visas from Laos, ie, does anyone know of anyone whose applications have been rejected or accepted at this embassy recently? Should I go to another country?

Thank you everyone.

i think you may potentially save a lot a money if you go to bkk thai immigration and talk to them first.

6. EXTENSION OF STAY

Those who wish to stay longer or may wish to change their status of visa must file an application for permission at the Office of Immigration Bureau located on Soi Suan Plu, off South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120 , Tel (662) 287-3101-10. The extension of stay as well as the change of certain type of visa is solely at the discretion of the Immigration officer.

*** Those who are scheduled to stay in the Kingdom longer than one month , Non-Immigrant Visa category “O” can be issued to them

they may say no and require you leave to visit a thai consulate outside thailand, but it is at least worth looking into

I don't quite understand this. Are you saying that I may be able to obtain a non immigrant O visa from the thai immigration office in Bangkok rather than leaving the country? Bear in mind that I have been here for 2.5 years.

Are you sure that I do not have to show a minimum bank balance for this?

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

I don't quite understand this. Are you saying that I may be able to obtain a non immigrant O visa from the thai immigration office in Bangkok rather than leaving the country? Bear in mind that I have been here for 2.5 years.

Are you sure that I do not have to show a minimum bank balance for this?

Thanks for your reply. I appreciate it.

Go on into immigration with every document you can muster, and the wife and her ID card. If they are of a mind, they can change the category.