Thaksin suffers heart valve disease and rarely has visitors : Chaichana

snoop1130

1 hour ago, rabas said:

The  poster's comment in Thai is not meaningless, just Google's translation.  Or better, just listen to the video which contains all the factual evidence. So OK you can't, but at least accept that. The X post is only an intro comment to the video.

It  basically says "The reporter easily took the lift up to the 14 floor just before the hospital locked the lift's doors. That is, that was in the past, but now times have changed and one would not be able to do so."   I.e., the hospital began locking the lift after the incident.

The video talks about what the reporter saw, which was nothing to indicate Thaksin was there. No guards, nothing, as well as the lift being open to the general public, also unguarded. Further, the whole floor seemed to be air conditioned, cool and comfortable (contrary to police claims). The 3 nurses at the nurses' station had no fans or other means to stay cool without air conditioning.  (according to the video)

link to referenced video

And your point is what - that he wasn't seen somewhere five months ago? What's that got to do with his being in PGH now?  

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, traveller101 said:
4 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Careful with the lame, all-you've-got insults.

Did it ever cross your mind, that your pedantic compulsion in commenting, questioning and correcting every member who voices an opinion not based on "official facts" or the absence therof, might offend and be taken as an insult?

Their misinterpretation of my opinion, observation or comment (which do not constitute insults) would be their problem, so, no, it will not cross my mind, not for one second.   

I have never said that any member should post "official facts" with their opinion, I don't care what their opinions are but I do find it strange and worthy of response (this is a forum remember) that some members state falsehoods and speculation as facts, not opinions.  They're not the same, you know?

3 hours ago, traveller101 said:

Applying common sense and logic to arrive at a more than probable interpretation of this sorry saga being played out over the last 5 months is not only legitimate but contributes to a lively discussion and exchange of views.

I agree with that 100%.  I also think that facts should be considered ahead of speculation.  There is a lot of misapplication of common sense and logic to be seen here.

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I agree with that 100%.  I also think that facts should be considered ahead of speculation.  There is a lot of misapplication of common sense and logic to be seen here.

I agree with that 100%.....   particularly the the misapplication of common sense to expect facts to be readily accessible to the public in such circumstances.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, richard_smith237 said:

The video highlights that the Authorities have been caught in a lie five months ago....   don't you think that also indicates they could also be lying now ???

Of course, they could be but, so far, there's no actual evidence of it.   As soon as someone posts something that confirms that he is not there there'll be a case for condemning them as liars.

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

I agree with that 100%.....   particularly the the misapplication of common sense to expect facts to be readily accessible to the public in such circumstances.

What facts are not readily available to the public that the public is entitled to?

• Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

..but at least accept that".

Accept what?

Um,  what is written just before those words?  

...  that you can't read the post, which is Thai. You can't understand Google's translation. You also can't understand the actual discussion which is in the video with the evidence. 

But then you reason it has no value because it was 5 months ago? 

That was the very day after Thaksin was allegedly taken to the 14th floor, in a location claimed to be without air conditioning. So it looked like he didn't arrive. 

• Thumbs Up 1

This thread is getting like the pantomime in the UK.

As in

Thaksin is in the prison hospital.

"Oh no he isn't".

"Oh yes he is".

The UK pantomimes are usually quite funny.

This is simply boring.

7 pages and 192 responses and for what?

If there is nothing we farangs can do, and there isn't, why so much concern?

Edited by billd766
added extra text

2 minutes ago, rabas said:

That was the very day after Thaksin was allegedly taken to the 14th floor, in a location claimed to be without air conditioning. So it looked like he didn't arrive. 

So what?  Are you trying to say that means that he is not there now and has not been there even though he's been photgraphed there?

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, billd766 said:

This thread is getting like the pantomime in the UK.

As in

Thaksin is in the prison hospital.

"Oh no he isn't".

"Oh yes he is".

The UK pantomimes are usually quite funny.

This is simply boring.

"Thaksin is in the prison hospital".

It's common knowledge that he is not in the prison hospital, he was moved from there to the PGH the night he arrived at the prison.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Liverpool Lou said:

So what?  Are you trying to say that means that he is not there now and has not been there even though he's been photgraphed there?

You seem to like official statements. Well, it was official announced he arrived the day before (in an ambulance) but there were no signs he was there the next day. 

It has never been announced that he arrived on some later date. Therefore, he would not be there now, or ever. You do like logic, right?

5 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Perhaps I do... as it seems you could do with advice to aid your understanding of absolutes vs plausibility and probability.  

There are many things in this world that cannot be proven unequivocally...  you cannot prove your existential reality.. i.e. you cannot prove you are not a brain in jar being manipulated, but that possibility is extremely implausible. 

Only mathematics deals with absolutes....  When it comes to the media and information we consume we deal with information on levels of plausibility, we are still receiving second hand information and that is open to manipulation and interpretation by others, hence the 'factual sources' you so readily desire, while (depending on the subject matter) are often more plausible than information provided by discussions on fora such as this, can also be heavily swayed, bias, distorted and manipulated by the author and authorities, especially in countries such as Thailand where media controls are more prevalent. 

Hence, the discussion and cynicism surrounding the incarceration of Thaksin, his reported illness, his location of incarceration or hospitalisation and whether he is incarcerated at all is all entirely based around perfectly plausible possibilities and cynicism.

On the other hand you are looking for some form of unequivocal proof otherwise and that cannot be provided.

What could be provided is regular unequivocal proof that he is indeed incarcerated in the Police Hospital where authorities state he is, however, even by your own admission there are only a 'couple of photos' of this and the rest are 'statements' which many of us would consider foolish to taken as fact.

Given the subject matter we are most certainly not dealing with absolutes. 

Accuracy is the priority of the firing squad.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"Thaksin is in the prison hospital".

It's common knowledge that he is not in the prison hospital, he was moved from there to the PGH the night he arrived at the prison.

He is allegedly in PGH. 

I see you are now accepting common knowledge. But do you know Thai common knowledge? It's not the same. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, rabas said:

You seem to like official statements. Well, it was official announced he arrived the day before (in an ambulance) but there were no signs he was there the next day. 

It has never been announced that he arrived on some later date. Therefore, he would not be there now, or ever. You do like logic, right?

"You do like logic, right?"

Yes, I do, so how about posting some?

"It has never been announced that he arrived on some later date".

"The Corrections Department confirmed today (Wednesday) [August 23rd] that it had to send former prime minister Thaksin Shinawatra to the Police Hospital in the middle last night..

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thaksin-taken-to-police-hospital-for-heart-treatment/

Edited by Liverpool Lou

On 1/13/2024 at 5:38 AM, ThailandRyan said:

You folks amaze me with your belief that a secure location could be just walked into.  It's not a regular hospital it's a prison hospital, with secure wings.

Devil's advocate:
So he is in a prison hospital with secure wings but investigators are unable to visit because of hospital privacy rules?
He Is In Prison!  What privacy rights?

They are making excuses on the fly.  It makes me wonder how many prisoners in Thai prisons have heart problems and yet never get assigned to a hospital ward?  It would be an interesting poll among the Thai population with family members currently serving time but are unwell.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/12/2024 at 5:41 PM, richard_smith237 said:

kind of reminds me when corrupt Indonesian politician serving 15 years prison was seen live on TV in the audience of an international tennis tournament in Bali !!!...  (the Wig not so convincing !!).

You might set off a spate of Thaksin sightings like Lord Lucan... at that, I thought I saw Thaksin in a long blonde wig, shopping for cheese in Macro yesterday!

• Haha 1

On 1/13/2024 at 5:38 AM, ThailandRyan said:

You folks amaze me with your belief that a secure location could be just walked into.  It's not a regular hospital it's a prison hospital, with secure wings.

It isn't a prison hospital, the prison he was sent to (Klong Prem) has its own prison hospital, PGH is a public hospital (my son was born there) that does not have "secure prison wings" but security can, obviously, be provided when necessary.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

12 hours ago, connda said:

Devil's advocate:
So he is in a prison hospital with secure wings but investigators are unable to visit because of hospital privacy rules?
He Is In Prison!  What privacy rights?

He is not in a prison hospital, PGH is a public hospital, there are no "secure wings" that are any more secure than those of any other hospital.   Security, if needed for individual inpatient inmates is provided by the DoC/police.

"He Is In Prison!  What privacy rights?"

You may not want prisoners to have their privacy but all prisoner's (and hospital patients) have the right to decline to receive visitors, doesn't matter who those visitors are or the status of the patient/inmate.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

On 1/13/2024 at 5:41 PM, digger70 said:

This will prove that he isn't there.

If he Was there they could've looked true a window or door to see if he was there or Not.

There's no bigger Circus than in Thailand .

A Kinder garden is better run than this place.

Indeed. Only complete dupes believe this nonsense. These people are pathological liars. 

It's up there with “buffalo sick” and "only work cashier" on the believability scale.  

• Thumbs Up 1