Visa on arrival 30 days, Belgian citizen. How to extend for another 30 days?

Hi all,

I applied for a tourist visa of 2 months, but the application process was so slow it got processed when I was already on the airplane. Therefor, I my application was cancelled by the consulate in Belgium. It seems they had a serious backlog in processing visa's due to holiday season and computer problems. And now I am left with a issue on how to stay beyond the 30 day visa on arrival. 

So, my questions are, how can I get another 30 days?

1. Is a visa on arrival extension limited to only 7 days? This is what I figured out but I am not sure if it is up to date information and if it is correct. 

2. Is it true that the border crossing is still limited to only 15 days? 

3. Any other suggestions, or is flying in and out the only option to get another 30 days? 

Any help is more than welcome. 

Edited by oz457

You are not eligible for a VOA.

You will get a Visa Exempt Entry that can be extended by 30 days at Immigration for a fee of 1,900 Baht.

Border crossing is 30 days if you wish to do that.

Edited by Lite Beer

When you arrive take a hotel in Rayong for a day or two. Then go to Immi there and report your stay there and get a paper copy of TM30.

When you want 30 day extension go to same hotel and get a copy of hotel's report to the Immi OR a copy of payment.

Take it and TM30 report to Immi and get 30 day extension in 20 min -:) Or faster.

Last time I was there I was 3rd, and last, in line! Didn't get extension because my TM-30 was from Pattaya, Chon Buri.

OR; do same at Jomtien and go through HELL.

Edited by GypsyT
  • Confused 3

42 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

When you arrive take a hotel in Rayong for a day or two. Then go to Immi there and report your stay there and get a paper copy of TM30.

Don't understand your post.

He doesn't need to visit Rayong.

He attends the immigration office where he is staying.

He needs to obtain a screenshot of TM30 from the accommodation where he is staying.

Obviously obtains TM7 + photo

Copy of TM30.

Photocopies of basic pp pages.

Photo page, latest entry stamp, etc

1900b 

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

Don't understand your post.

He doesn't need to visit Rayong.

He attends the immigration office where he is staying.

He needs to obtain a screenshot of TM30 from the accommodation where he is staying.

Obviously obtains TM7 + photo

Copy of TM30.

Photocopies of basic pp pages.

Photo page, latest entry stamp, etc

1900b 

I think a lot of " basic" info about 30 day extensions is becoming not the norm.  You mentioned going a couple weeks before and there have been several reports that you could only go three days before at Jomtien and even a report only one day before at Pattaya. Also you don't even need copies at some locations.  I was at Hua Hin immigration on Thursday. You know what they were asking for instead of TM 30's?? They were asking to see your room key!!  I even read a report of this on Reddit and thought the person who posted it probably was a trouble maker but then they asked me and others the same thing last Thursday.  My room key was in my room with the a/c going and my partner in the room.  Many hotels use an almost blank card now without the hotel name even on it for security reasons. I had this post card of the hotel. The person who asked me for a room key ( and NEVER MENTIONED TM 30 ) even though I did, took my post card to another women and she opened it ( it folded open with pics etc) she actually looked it over and " approved" it. Now when I got to be one of the next people to get my 30 day extension ( I just finished my 60 day tourist visa) that same person took my passport , made a copy of picture page, copy of visa stamp page and gave them back to me. I had all these copies in my folder but no one ever asked.  I also had a picture which was never asked for. They took a picture of me when I sat down with immigration officer and used that ( completely blurry and elongated ) pic or scan and attached it to my application.  Then I went to pay at the other window with the girl who approved my post card and took the copies for me for free and when sitting with her I could hear the immigration officer I just met with telling another couple  that they may not want to wait until their last day to extend another 30 days. The couple asked how long before can we come next time. The immigration officer said " 10 days". Very exact answer and NOT two weeks.  If a TM 30 copy is the sheet of paper that the hotel gave to me with several current guests names , passport numbers, country and arrival and departure dates on it then I HAD this list in my file. No one asked for it. But if hotels send this list every morning to the immigration office why would I even need it?  This hotel as well as many others seem to do it so why show them a copy?  Can't they CHECK this? If they can't or don't why do sooo many posts on here say " take a screen shot" of TM 30?? Maybe an actual picture posted would be more helpful to people on this forum.  And what exactly would I have done with this screen shot?  Show them it on my phone? I just see you write this constantly but I've never seen what a TM 30 looks like that a hotel does. I think it would be helpful.  I think you are very helpful and this isn't any critique but my point is that EVERY office has the most insane new requirements and I bet many people who have been to Hua Hin recently have been asked to show their room key!! What else is next lol?? I literally asked the first big boy who came over to me to look at my TM 7 and ask did I have my room key to show. Do you want a copy of TM 30? I said it slowly there was that glass look over his face and I said I have this post card!  As mentioned my post card with added pictures was approved.  My post card was also copied for free along with the other things I mentioned. Good news was that I got my extension. Got there at 10:15am. Got number 6, they started calling numbers about 10:50am and I was out about 11:15am. Again thanks for your advice on here but it seems even the most basic things we are told to do aren't always necessary and new ridiculous things are asked for. I was very properly dressed too.  

• Confused 2

25 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

You mentioned going a couple weeks before and there have been several reports that you could only go three days before at Jomtien and even a report only one day before at Pattaya. 

Jomtien is Pattaya........................

6 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Jomtien is Pattaya........................

Is that what you got out of my post?  I mean really??  If you have not ever noticed then I will explain something to you. Some people seem to call it Pattaya immigration and a poster mentioned they told him to come back just one day before. Another poster called it Jomtien immigration and said he was told to come only three days before.  Now would you like to tell me it's actually spelled " Chomtien " as well? 

14 minutes ago, alex8912 said:

Is that what you got out of my post?  I mean really??  If you have not ever noticed then I will explain something to you. Some people seem to call it Pattaya immigration and a poster mentioned they told him to come back just one day before. Another poster called it Jomtien immigration and said he was told to come only three days before.  Now would you like to tell me it's actually spelled " Chomtien " as well? 

That  was ALL I got out of your post.

It is actually Chonburi Immigration.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

That  was ALL I got out of your post.

It is actually Chonburi Immigration.

So why did you post false information before? Maybe read post again and get something useful out of it. It was mainly about Hua Hin anyways.  Please inform us all that it's actually Prachuap Khiri Khan as well. You are so informative...

4 hours ago, alex8912 said:

I was at Hua Hin immigration on Thursday. You know what they were asking for instead of TM 30's?? They were asking to see your room key!!

Was that at the main immigration office or at BluPort?

4 hours ago, alex8912 said:

even a report only one day before at Pattaya

Actually even worse; I had to go 2 days after expiration!

And got my passport back 3 days after!

No fine.

However, knowing I was overstaying 2 days and COULD have been banned wasn't nice feeling....

Edited by GypsyT

9 hours ago, newbee2022 said:

Good for him

He is lacking one critical bit of info 

There is no 30 day “visa on arrival” for Belgians. 

As long as he understands the rules he can call it whatever he wants though it may cause other to be “confused”. 

Edited by Captain Monday

16 hours ago, Caldera said:

Was that at the main immigration office or at BluPort?

It was at Bluport , I didn't read your question correctly before. This request of a room card to show them was also happening in December according to posters on Reddit

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, alex8912 said:

So why did you post false information before? Maybe read post again and get something useful out of it. It was mainly about Hua Hin anyways.  Please inform us all that it's actually Prachuap Khiri Khan as well. You are so informative...

IMHO @hotandsticky is to be congratulated on getting anything out of your rambling post. Are you planning to submit it as an entry for the latest Leo Tolstoy War & Peace award by any chance?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, OJAS said:

IMHO @hotandsticky is to be congratulated on getting anything out of your rambling post. Are you planning to submit it as an entry for the latest Leo Tolstoy War & Peace award by any chance?

Wasn't that rambling as you read it.  I haven't read ANY report about immigration asking for your room key, have you?  Maybe you have. There are many WRONG reports of how soon you can apply for a 30 day extension and I pointed that out as well. Your completely sarcastic comment is noted. You are so funny and your one fan has of course added an emoji. Oh my...war and peace being a long book and a couple paragraphs are SOOOOO similar.