Trump wins Iowa caucuses, cementing frontrunner status in 2024 race

webfact

9 hours ago, stoner said:

have to disagree with you here. as much as i really dislike some of the posters here i stand firm with them to express their beliefs on any subject. weather good or not. critical or supportive.

Fair enough. I probably shouldn't have said that others can't criticize. What I should have said was In a "democracy", people have a right to support anyone they want, whatever anyone else's opinion may be.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Kinzinger has said people should wear a gas mask around Trump, due to his pronounced body odor.

That is a defamatory statement. Although if true, it is not considered to be so, except in Thailand.

Must be a new thing. Nobody was complaining of it when he was apparently friendly with the Clintons and other big shots long ago. Did his first wife mention it in her divorce action?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, riclag said:

I disagree whole conservatively!

She was a success at the border. The open borders proponents got all they wished for, beyond their wildest dreams imop .She was the appointed border czar. She did exactly nothing!

https://nypost.com/2022/05/23/vp-kamala-harris-has-abandoned-border-czar-role/

I hadn't considered that, but it's certainly a possibility, IMO.

Do Americans want a POTUS that does nothing? That might be better than the ones that start wars. Just going on tv and cackling might actually benefit the world.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Walker88 said:

The cult needs de-programming.

Maybe you like your boys with giant bubble butts, but that fantasy image you posted is as far from reality as can be.

If having a big butt or being fat was a disqualification for politicians, there wouldn't be many of the present mob still in power, IMO, but by all means focus one's attention on people's butt instead of their message. It just exposes how bereft of anything of relevance to say one is.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Tug said:

Ahh you do understand in our system this is the primary in a deep red state he only managed 51% of those who voted in a republican primary so he lost 49% of the remaining republican vote not to mention the dems…….

From a today NY Times Letter to the Editor (trust me):

The Iowa results were not great for those who would prefer that Donald Trump not win the election. On the other hand, 49 percent of the caucus voters did not vote for him. The weather was extreme. One may want to think that Mr. Trump’s great fans showed up in a higher percentage.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, bbko said:

I'm not yet eligible to start collecting MY social security, but as my friend was telling me, be careful with the GOP, they are already eyeing to cut social security, so I better consider collecting my money earlier than if the Dems are in power.

I can't see anyone cutting SS but playing with age limits certainly more a possibility with the GOP in the WH.

• Like 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2024/01/16/trump-iowa-evangelical-vote/

"Trump’s biggest Iowa gains are in evangelical areas ... 

Republican front-runner Donald Trump added Iowa’s most religious regions to his strongholds in Monday’s caucuses. He combined religious areas with the state’s lower-income and less educated counties to pull a majority of all caucus voters"

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

36 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's a crazy world right? All the stuff Trump is dealing with and he's still winning. Also I sense a change in posting from those suffering from TDS. Yep, Trump might actually make a second trip to WH. If Trump picks a strong VP, maybe Vivek for instance. In the case of these two old guys running, their VP picks will mean more than usual.

I don't think this will matter at all come November but you can hope your not imagining the up-tic your feeling is real.

Little seems crazy and more likely this is an expected outcome.

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Fair enough. I probably shouldn't have said that others can't criticize. What I should have said was In a "democracy", people have a right to support anyone they want, whatever anyone else's opinion may be.

Says fan of authoritarianism who goes out of his way to avoid hearing opinions counter to his own.

45 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

It's a crazy world right? All the stuff Trump is dealing with and he's still winning. Also I sense a change in posting from those suffering from TDS. Yep, Trump might actually make a second trip to WH. If Trump picks a strong VP, maybe Vivek for instance. In the case of these two old guys running, their VP picks will mean more than usual.

Still winning?

Outside of the alternative reality that is MAGA he’s getting reemed. 

• Agree 1

Must be a new thing. Nobody was complaining of it when he was apparently friendly with the Clintons and other big shots long ago. Did his first wife mention it in her divorce action?

It could be a new thing, as age and incontinence go hand in hand.

When people lambast Joe Biden over his age, they conveniently forget Trump is only 4 years younger than him.

Listening to them both, IMO Biden is far more coherent. Trump repeats himself with non sequiturs endlessly.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

Listening to them both, IMO Biden is far more coherent. Trump repeats himself with non sequiturs endlessly.

:cheesy:

you are really pushing it there. How many dead people has Trump spoken to in public recently?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

Only 1.6% of Iowa voters voted in the caucus. How can anyone call that either historic or a landslide?

As per Republican voters:

Iowa caucus voter turnout for 2024

The 110,000 voters who participated in the 2024 cacuses accounts for just under 15% of the state's 752,000 registered Republicans. 

Still, though the attendance didn't shatter records, the Iowa GOP celebrated the turnout as a demonstration of Iowans' "resilience and determination."

"Iowans braved record-low temperatures after a blizzard blanketed their state just days earlier to deliberate with members of their community about the future of our country and participate in true, grassroots democracy," Iowa GOP Chairman Jeff Kaufmann said in a statement. "I could not be prouder to be an Iowan than I am tonight."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iowa-caucus-turnout-2024/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, thaibeachlovers said:

It must really grate then that Trump actually looks to have a possibility of being the next POTUS. Your smarts won't matter then.

It doesn't affect me personally. It will affect a lot of other people, including the idiots who put him there. They will just get screwed again.

IIRC the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly, and expecting a different result. That's where the GOP is now.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

11 hours ago, riclag said:

I disagree whole conservatively!

She was a success at the border. The open borders proponents got all they wished for, beyond their wildest dreams imop .She was the appointed border czar. She did exactly nothing!

https://nypost.com/2022/05/23/vp-kamala-harris-has-abandoned-border-czar-role/

Under Harris, the US Border Patrol has caught more illegals than Trump did.

Trump was just no good at stopping illegals.

• Haha 2

Shall we send them to re education camps as the Chinese apparently like to do, or perhaps the Khmer Rouge solution is more to your liking.

Nah, all it will take is for Trump to lose again.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

It doesn't affect me personally. It will affect a lot of other people, including the idiots who put him there. They will just get screwed again.

IIRC the definition of insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly, and expecting a different result. That's where the GOP is now.

America deserves Trump IMO.

28 minutes ago, jerrymahoney said:

As per Republican voters:

Iowa caucus voter turnout for 2024

The 110,000 voters who participated in the 2024 cacuses accounts for just under 15% of the state's 752,000 registered Republicans. 

Still, though the attendance didn't shatter records, the Iowa GOP celebrated the turnout as a demonstration of Iowans' "resilience and determination."

"Iowans braved record-low temperatures after a blizzard blanketed their state just days earlier to deliberate with members of their community about the future of our country and participate in true, grassroots democracy," Iowa GOP Chairman Jeff Kaufmann said in a statement. "I could not be prouder to be an Iowan than I am tonight."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/iowa-caucus-turnout-2024/

Registered Voters: 2,083,979 ‍ Democratic Party: 631,689 (30.31%) Republican Party: 718,901 (34.50%) Third Party/Other: 18,289 (0.90%) Unaffiliated: 715,100 (34.31%)

https://independentvoterproject.org/voter-stats/ia

Edited by earlinclaifornia

52 minutes ago, earlinclaifornia said:

I don't think this will matter at all come November but you can hope your not imagining the up-tic your feeling is real.

Little seems crazy and more likely this is an expected outcome.

The VP running mate choice will be a consideration because we have 2 very aged candidates. One is so very clearly unfit, both mentally and physically. The other is pretty healthy looking, speaks coherently for extended hours on end, but his age and preferred diet is worrisome. 

3 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

The VP running mate choice will be a consideration because we have 2 very aged candidates. One is so very clearly unfit, both mentally and physically. The other is pretty healthy looking, speaks coherently for extended hours on end, but his age and preferred diet is worrisome. 

Honestly, who has ever heard of the VP choice as having impact on results. We have to agree maybe this time might be different but historically no effect ever.

• Thumbs Up 1