Spread the word! More Brits in Thailand can now vote in the UK

webfact

1 hour ago, Fairynuff said:

I guess if a church can wake you up with bells then a mosque has the same rights.

when a church can wake you up with bells in Iran I will concur, until then  stfu

• Like 2

2 hours ago, yardrunner said:

yes and if you get your vote you can lobby your MP to support pensions for all, one expat might not count but enough expats voting may make politicians think again

Think again pal   it will never happen

5 hours ago, The Cyclist said:

You didn't read about the 5.5 million ghost patients costing up to £950 million a year ?

Google it

due to the dishonesty of GPs  I had not seen a quack for 30 years prior to getting my jabs   so how have i cost the NHS anything

16 hours ago, Chongalulu said:

One which they'll freeze even though you've contributed equally AND won't burden the NHS for treatment 

Yes, it seems to be a bad deal for those of us who in effect are far less of a burden on the state.......YET, those who remain in the UK might suggest we should not receive any of it if non-resident. I doubt any new government will change the situation,  it costs money, and we are too few to influence them. Money they struggle to get enough of by the way.

• Agree 2

17 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

He was tired of immigrants so he went to another country to be an immigrant.

Not quite the same...an immigrant that comes legally, visas etc, and actually contributes to the economy..is a far cry from one that comes illegally, takes all the benefits available and is a net contributor to the economy. You can dress it as you like but your 70s student ideology is as pathetic as your post

• Agree 2

8 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

About as predictable as a gammon's love of childish emojis

"gammon"  :clap2:  I have no Idea what that actually means,  other than its a particular kind of meat,    but it tells me everything I need to know about the person attempting to use it as an insult .

8 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

Freedom of speech not your thing anymore?

Nobody of your obvious political persuasion is in any position to start lecturing about "free speech" 

18 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

That monstrosity is just an attention seeking grifter........ Waste of oxygen

Much as I dislike Starmer and the rest of the labour party, and indeed those who choose to follow woke ideology I have never felt the need to describe any of them as " a monstrosity"  or "waste of oxygen"

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Much as I dislike Starmer and the rest of the labour party, and indeed those who choose to follow woke ideology I have never felt the need to describe any of them as " a monstrosity"  or "waste of oxygen"

'Waste of a seat' perhaps?

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Fairynuff said:

He was tired of immigrants so he went to another country to be an immigrant.

As indeed have you, where you are, quite rightly, subject to various rules and regulations specifically  designed to monitor and control you. Regulations which if not complied with could quite easily result in you being sent back from whence you came.     

But now safely in exile you advocate that similar rules in the country where you used to live, should not apply, potentially placing the population of your home country in danger from the well recognised threat of islamic fundamentalism,   despite the fact that the rules you dislike there,  have no bearing on you as a native , and an estranged native  at that.   What is it with you people?

15 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

'Waste of a seat' perhaps?

Well I would not argue with that ,  but as an insult it does not contain the elements of personal hatred and vitriol  that the" tolerant" ones seem to feel is necessary,  for those whose views do not align with their own.   I have yet to hear them use such a term to describe Sunak  Farage or Tice.  its just not nasty enough as far as the" tolerant" ones are concerned

1 hour ago, baansgr said:

70s student ideology

Its those same 70's students, who never having had a proper job or any experience of "real life"  have effectively spent their entire lives  living in a parallel  world totally removed from reality, that are now running the universities,  which now provide degrees and doctorates based on their own misguided beliefs. 

• Confused 1

On 1/19/2024 at 7:06 AM, Muhendis said:

I agree entirely and would also add that the whole idea of using a proxy is totally wrong in terms of the personal and private nature of the vote.

There is no reason why electronic voting should not be incorporated. Using the internet is good enough for banks so it should be plenty good enough for election voting then we could all vote whenever there is a snap election. 

So, after the billions pished away on Covid apps that don't work and "government gateways" that crash, you want to give the nod to a government to squander another half a billion quid of your hard-earned taxes on an online ballot box that half the British diaspora will ignore come election time because they want to make a 'protest vote' about their frozen pension?

I see.

I'm not getting into the politics but the UK government will use this information for other purposes like closing your UK bank account, taxes, freezing your pension etc etc

• Like 1

On 1/20/2024 at 8:47 AM, baansgr said:

Not quite the same...an immigrant that comes legally, visas etc, and actually contributes to the economy..is a far cry from one that comes illegally, takes all the benefits available and is a net contributor to the economy. You can dress it as you like but your 70s student ideology is as pathetic as your post

As pathetic as your bigotry.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3

I’ve been an expat since the ripe old age of 17.  In 1969 I left to discover the world, had marvelous jobs that lasted a lifetime. I don’t believe I have the right to vote , as I have never contributed to British society . Of course I was upset about Brexit, and all that happened and happens still. I’m still proud of my country, of my family back home , of my marvelous upbringing and also the fun of those wonderful years where everything was possible.

i would never go back to live there, and I don’t agree with many aspects of present politics. I will not vote . If I was forced to, my gut tells me Conservative, but only if lots of things changed, no more House of Lords, a younger generation and a complete change in laws and way things are run. 
Britain today is living in the past. Especially with the terrible NHS.

• Confused 1

On 1/18/2024 at 1:05 PM, NanLaew said:

Now, all you malcontents squatting in moobahns and bahn nawk, whining about how s**t your home has become, register to vote, vote Reform and let's get shot of the bloody Tories.

You mean the kind of dudes who whine about immigrants, while being an immigrant but thinking they are an "expat" - of course they would vote for a clown show like Reform

• Confused 1