Container of frozen chicken falls from Chachoengsao motorway

26 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I am sure others will say 'well i did' but to me 23 seems very young to be driving such a huge lorry

21 was the age in UK for a Class 1 HGV License in my day. I believe you can be younger under special circumstances nowadays.

Edited by worrab
Extra word
  • Agree 1

30 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

I am sure others will say 'well i did' but to me 23 seems very young to be driving such a huge lorry

Perhaps but it will make for lucky lottery numbers.  23, 73, 08, 47

Seems wierd that people look for lucky numbers from death and accidents.

Police say that as the exit he was taking was elevated, the driver accelerated from the motorway in order for the heavy trailer to be able to make the climb. However, it appears he then lost control of the vehicle, hitting a bridge guard rail.

This caused the container to detach from the truck and plunge onto the road below.

That's not a well thought put plan....

3 hours ago, worrab said:

21 was the age in UK for a Class 1 HGV License in my day. I believe you can be younger under special circumstances nowadays.

I took my 3 HGV test at 18, in a frigging snow plough, blade removed terrible steering circle, had to do some reversing to drive round the zig zag cones. I think I could have taken class 1 after that. 40hrs (one week) with instructor and test following the Monday.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...