It seems that this forum has many members who's intellectually challenged

19 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

People don't like being wrong on here. They can't handle it. Insecurities.

Scruffy old expat in real life worked in a car factory fitting rubber grommets - tax, finance, political, cultural, crypto, cuisine expert on AN.

Edited by fondue zoo
the little river band is really good
  • Haha 1

Well... I did not read all the posts on this thread, up to now.

image.png.8d0cc41f9c11b37d21ed6a68263f2d4b.png

But, as you see, the sad and confused have NOT disappointed you. Although they are sad & confused, they are loyal in their own way. Encourage them, eventually they might lose their sadness & confusion... Anonymity sure did enhance their confusion & sadness to come up to the surface in abundance!

The grammar police too have their own agenda - on an anonymous public forum, let them all vent out their frustrations and hope for the best 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Probably because any "smart" person isn't going to be stupid enough to put themselves up there given the expected media attacks on them and their family and friends.

Truth be told

Thanks

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/23/2024 at 10:46 AM, ezzra said:

have come to think that many members here are  bewildered, perplexed and plain Not with it when it comes to  many topics, is this out of spite or just the mental quality of the people

OMG, Are you new here?

Are you just finding this out now? 😮

I hate the sad and confused emoji's, probably only given out half a dozen over the many years. 

Admin should remove these emoji's, I reckon most of the people you described above would leave the forum, they seem to get a kick out of sending us these stupid emojis 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/23/2024 at 10:53 AM, mfd101 said:

The problem with the 2 emojis is that it's usually unclear what they mean in any particular case: Does it mean he/she is confused/sad at the content of my message? or at the fact that I said it? Or is it a generalized feeling of sadness & resignation at the state of the world?

It would be much more useful to everyone if the 2 emojis were replaced with signs for "I don't agree' & 'I can't understand a word of what you just said'.

or just bored....

On 1/23/2024 at 11:19 AM, Yellowtail said:

Let's nitpick spelling and grammar to show how smart we are. 

Hmm, is it “nitpicking” or attempting to understand a poster when they confuse the attempt at communication without using the correct spelling or grammar? Just raising the question.

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

OMG, Are you new here?

Are you just finding this out now? 😮

I hate the sad and confused emoji's, probably only given out half a dozen over the many years. 

Admin should remove these emoji's, I reckon most of the people you described above would leave the forum, they seem to get a kick out of sending us these stupid emojis 

Admin should remove these emoji's - No really!

Take out the anonymity, and these sad and confused Rambo's will disappear!

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, ravip said:

You'd think so but sadly, Not true. 

We used to have members names attached to all emoji's but AN changed it to anonymous. 

These members that bombard posts with their stupid emoji's wouldn't stop, they are very strange people. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

2 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Don't really understand why some are so bothered by the emoji their post receives.

It's nice to be able to send just an emoji  whether too busy or too lazy to write a reply.

I would prefer that the identity of the emoji sender is revealed as it used to be but "the powers that be" have deemed it so.

I'm in favour of full emoji use and transparency of who uses which ever emoji.

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, johng said:

Don't really understand why some are so bothered by the emoji their post receives.

You and half the other forum members probably don't understand but I reckon the other half of forum members are bothered and dislike them. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

3 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

half of forum members are bothered and dislike them. 

Bothered by what exactly ?

That someone on an internet forum doesn't agree/understand with your view/comments  or that the emojis are now anonymous ?

1 minute ago, johng said:

Bothered by what exactly ?

That someone on an internet forum doesn't agree/understand with your view/comments  or that the emojis are now anonymous ?

Dislike the SAD and CONFUSED emoji's. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Wrwest said:

Hmm, is it “nitpicking” or attempting to understand a poster when they confuse the attempt at communication without using the correct spelling or grammar? Just raising the question.

Asking someone for clarification is not nitpicking. 

Correcting someone that says your instead of you're, or there instead of their or some other mistake when it's (its?) clear what they meant is nitpicking. 

• Agree 1

Also since we are on the subject of this forum , can we please post more threads that are of interest to me? 

I have included a list in my profile. 

And no big words and pictures please. We all know the difficulty many of us have with big words. 

7 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Also since we are on the subject of this forum , can we please post more threads that are of interest to me? 

I have included a list in my profile. 

And no big words and pictures please. We all know the difficulty many of us have with big words. 

Your Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia in light of my sesquipedalian loquaciousness is noted...   :whistling:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ravip said:

I Agree............see no emoji, it's ME!

3 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

Your Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia in light of my sesquipedalian loquaciousness is noted...   :whistling:

I stopped reading hippopotamus, Nasty beasts. 

Interesting sidebar. Hipo means horse in Greek , and Potamus means river, so River horse. 

I think they were sold to them as such by the Roma horse traders , when they tried to charge the romand it was carnage . 

Hens the enduring  "Hippopotomonstrosesquippedaliophobia " phobia . even now  more than 2,000 years later Greeks will go nowhere Hippipotamuses