My Passport Number Is Wrong In My Visa

This happened to me last year and was only noticed when I arrived at Suvarnabhumi. The officer took me to an office and some colleagues fiddled around on a computer and assured me that they had corrected the mistake and that all would be well. However, when i went to extend the visa they told me that it was impossible to do because my passport number was incorrect (one digit).

What they  didn’t tell me is that there is an office in Bangkok which deals with issues like this. (Someone here will have the address). I went back to the UK a bit early and, at the next application, was careful to check before travelling. The London Embassy, by the way, weren’t interested when I messaged them (from Thailand) and asked for a correction to the passport number on the visa.

• Thumbs Up 1

In worst case immigration office could reject your entry, so have this corrected before you board the plane. You'll get a big VOID stamp over visa and then issued another one (if stickers). Don't know about Thailand, but Schengen embassies usually put a note in passport that it is your task to check correctness of all data on the sticker and to contact them immediately if there are any mistakes found.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Serenity_Now said:

MAI BPEN RAI

just see how it plays out

its like an early welcome to Thailand

Worst advice IMO

2 hours ago, tomazbodner said:

In worst case immigration office could reject your entry, so have this corrected before you board the plane. You'll get a big VOID stamp over visa and then issued another one (if stickers). Don't know about Thailand, but Schengen embassies usually put a note in passport that it is your task to check correctness of all data on the sticker and to contact them immediately if there are any mistakes found.

Best advice IMO.

I did get back to the embassy; they corrected it with a pen and put an official stamp over it. I don't qualify for a visa exemption, so guess this is the only way to go forward. I fly in on the 27th morning (in two days) and hope it all works out.

• Thumbs Up 1