Trump is dominating the primaries. That doesn’t mean he’ll beat Biden

Social Media

2 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IIRC Trump used it recently, when he referred to illegal immigrants poisoning the blood of America. I don't know what happened to give me your poor, your tired and huddled masses.

Yes Trump talking exactly like Hitler and confronted with that fact say he doesn't care and keeps doing it. What a disgusting person. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

It's fair to assume that people who talk that way are referring to the fact that white people are becoming a minority, and they don't like it. Maga of course among other things is about white resentment. 

If that is true, then why are growing numbers of black and Hispanic voters supporting Trump? 

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

27 minutes ago, heybruce said:

What measure of greatness do you have in mind other than the world's largest economy, most capable military and most influence in world affairs?  I'd say those are the big three on practical measures of greatness. 

Yes, MAGA is a mindless campaign slogan.  Thanks for confirming that.

How many Biden supporters call themselves Build Back Better Americans?

Because MAGA rolls off the tongue better. Obviously Trump had a better PR staff.  Biden is now hopelessly being dragged over 'Bidenomics', a tired rehash (dare we say form of plagiarism?) from Reagan. Current polling shows Trump up 20 points on Biden over the ecomony, among other issues.

9 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

If that is true, then why are growing numbers of black and Hispanic voters supporting Trump? 

You'd have to ask them and in both cases especially blacks not anything close to a majority.

11 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Because MAGA rolls off the tongue better. Obviously Trump had a better PR staff.  Biden is now hopelessly being dragged over 'Bidenomics', a tired rehash (dare we say form of plagiarism?) from Reagan. Current polling shows Trump up 20 points on Biden over the ecomony, among other issues.

Yet Bidenonics has resulted in a fantastic economy.

7 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

You'd have to ask them and in both cases especially blacks not anything close to a majority.

Doesn't have to be a majority, or even close, to hurt Biden's chances.  Fifteen or 20 percent is enough, and he is close to that already. Plus more than 30% support among Hispanics. The vaunted Democratic coalition is in trouble.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Yet Bidenonics has resulted in a fantastic economy.

Not debating whether or not that is true, because it is irrelevant. The voters ain't feeling it, and the polls reflect that. Could be the messaging, could be the feeling at the kitchen table, could be anything, but it is not resonating with the general public. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Doesn't have to be a majority, or even close, to hurt Biden's chances.  Fifteen or 20 percent is enough, and he is close to that already. Plus more than 30% support among Hispanics. The vaunted Democratic coalition is in trouble.

Yet women and independents are trending more heavily to Biden and IF Trump is convicted and imprisoned a large percentage of Americans say that would lose their vote.

As I've said before, Trump could, but it's way too early to redesign the drapes for the white house room Melanie won't stay in anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

48 minutes ago, heybruce said:

What measure of greatness do you have in mind other than the world's largest economy, most capable military and most influence in world affairs?  I'd say those are the big three on practical measures of greatness. 

So equality under the law and freedom of speech not so high on your list then? 

Yes, MAGA is a mindless campaign slogan.  Thanks for confirming that.

You're lying again, you just can't help it can you? I said it was a campaign slogan, I did not say it was mindless, you made that part up. 

How many Biden supporters call themselves Build Back Better Americans?

Everyone that supports Biden. 

• Sad 1

53 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

IIRC Trump used it recently, when he referred to illegal immigrants poisoning the blood of America. I don't know what happened to give me your poor, your tired and huddled masses.

Did you actually listen to the speech or just the loop that was cut out and played endlessly? 

8 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yet women and independents are trending more heavily to Biden and IF Trump is convicted and imprisoned a large percentage of Americans say that would lose their vote.

As I've said before, Trump could, but it's way too early to redesign the drapes for the white house room Melanie won't stay in anyway.

Not true.

According to The Hill, Trump is leading in independent voters by 11 points.  Women? Not surprising- Democrats always do better with the fairer sex. The GOP tends to win the male demographic rather handily as well. 

True a conviction of a serious crime would change the scenario. But there may not be any criminal cases brought in time to impact the election. Possibly the laughable "hush money" case but that may be all. 

35 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Not debating whether or not that is true, because it is irrelevant. The voters ain't feeling it, and the polls reflect that. Could be the messaging, could be the feeling at the kitchen table, could be anything, but it is not resonating with the general public. 

So perception matters more than reality. Unfortunately there is some truth in that. 

On economic matters perception often lags reality.  People were complaining about inflation during the '80's and 90's long after it ceased to be a problem.  Fortunately there is time for perceptions to change.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Not true.

According to The Hill, Trump is leading in independent voters by 11 points.  Women? Not surprising- Democrats always do better with the fairer sex. The GOP tends to win the male demographic rather handily as well. 

True a conviction of a serious crime would change the scenario. But there may not be any criminal cases brought in time to impact the election. Possibly the laughable "hush money" case but that may be all. 

Not disputing The Hill's poll. The latest national Quinnipiac Universoty poll of registered voters had Biden 50 to 44 Trump in a hypothetical general election. Biden's support is largely from Independents (52%) and women (58%). Polls dime a dozen and keep changing. Nothing to brag about. 

Edited by Eric Loh
wrong word
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

So equality under the law and freedom of speech not so high on your list then? 

You're lying again, you just can't help it can you? I said it was a campaign slogan, I did not say it was mindless, you made that part up. 

Everyone that supports Biden. 

Equality under law and freedom of speech are important American values.  However as China demonstrates they are not essential for a country to be powerful. 

I thought it was obvious that if America is already great the slogan Make America Great Again was both pointless and mindless.  Explain why that is not so.

Now your making stuff up.  I don't know anyone who refers to themselves as a Build Back Better Democrat.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Equality under law and freedom of speech are important American values.  However as China demonstrates they are not essential for a country to be powerful. 

But we were not talking about what makes a county powerful, we were talking about what makes a country great. You said money, power and influence, I said equality under law and freedom of speech. 

To you, China is a great county, to me it is not. 

I thought it was obvious that if America is already great the slogan Make America Great Again was both pointless and mindless.  Explain why that is not so.

To what end? 

Now your making stuff up.  I don't know anyone who refers to themselves as a Build Back Better Democrat.

Did you have a point? 

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, heybruce said:

Hey, you just get back to Thailand? Glad you're here. 

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, BobBKK said:

Whaaaat? you can't be serious

You aren't happy about US manufacturing jobs increasing? Inflation coming down? The stock market going up? Unemployment going down? GNP up?

These are the factors will kill Trump next November.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

But we were not talking about what makes a county powerful, we were talking about what makes a country great. You said money, power and influence, I said equality under law and freedom of speech. 

To you, China is a great county, to me it is not. 

To what end? 

Did you have a point? 

China is undeniably a great power, and its citizens apparently consider it a great country.  However I don't think China's citizens are chanting anything as silly as Make China Great Again.

There is a smugness and misperception of patriotism with MAGA types.  I'm just pointing out that their slogan is meaningless and adulation of Trump is not patriotic.

You are the one who posted that Build Back Better was a slogan similar to MAGA.  I pointed out that it is not.

1 hour ago, Hanaguma said:

Not true.

live by the early poll, die by the early poll.

Next October, you will be telling us that polls are worthless.

1 minute ago, heybruce said:

China is undeniably a great power, and its citizens apparently consider it a great country.  However I don't think China's citizens are chanting anything as silly as Make China Great Again.

Yeah, they don't dare chant about much of anything. 

There is a smugness and misperception of patriotism with MAGA types.

Opinion, 

I'm just pointing out that their slogan is meaningless and adulation of Trump is not patriotic.

It's not meaningless to then, or apparently the left. Who's claiming adulation of Trump is patriotic? 

You are the one who posted that Build Back Better was a slogan similar to MAGA.  I pointed out that it is not.

I said they were both campaign slogans. How it not similar? Just because it's not as catchy and the left is constantly pushing MAGA this and MAGA that and ultra MAGA or rabid MAGA does not make it different. 

7 minutes ago, Yellowtail said:

Yeah, they don't dare chant about much of anything. 

Opinion, 

It's not meaningless to then, or apparently the left. Who's claiming adulation of Trump is patriotic? 

I said they were both campaign slogans. How it not similar? Just because it's not as catchy and the left is constantly pushing MAGA this and MAGA that and ultra MAGA or rabid MAGA does not make it different. 

Good point.  Chanting "Make China Great Again" would be seen as a criticism of China, the Communist Party and Xi.  By extension Make America Great Again is a criticism of the US and Trump's failure to accomplish his goal during his four years in office.

Lots of MAGA types equate loyalty to Trump with patriotism.  They're the ones who think Trump groping a US flag with a dumb smirk on his face shows patriotism.

Build Back Better is not being used as a campaign slogan.

Trump supporters are constantly calling anyone who criticizes Trump left, far left or extreme left.  I've asked one of them to explain what he considers "left" and he offered no explanation.  I didn't think he could.

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

Your post is based on early polls. Do you think a lot of people are thinking about the November election now?

You are simply demonstrating that you don't know much about this stuff.

Please promise that you will continue posting about polls in October, instead of the normal Trump propaganda - the polls are fake!.

Edited by Danderman123

4 hours ago, heybruce said:

The US has had the largest economy, most powerful military and greatest global influence of all nations since the end of World War II, if not longer.

Three obvious questions the MAGA fans can not answer:

When did America stop being great?

How did America stop being great?

Finally, assuming you buy the nonsense that America is no longer great, how will Trump make it great again?

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

It has long been understood that the MAGA movement is heavily dependent on White grievance and straight-up racism. (Hence Donald Trump’s refusal to disavow racist groups and his statement that there were “very fine people on both sides” in the violent clashes at the white-supremacist rally in Charlottesville.)

Now, we have numbers to prove it.

ahhh, i was waiting for someone to mention this....he 'disavowed' all that <deleted>e many many time, yet the reporters just kept repeating the same question. over and over, and the charlottesvilla thing..well, the full unedited video of him speaking is out there, i have seen a split screen version with the original at the top and the cnn edited version at the bottom and it clearly shows how it was manipulated and people like you repeat it.. even biden did in the debates.
A friend was calling DT a white supremacist, racist etc etc after the fraud election, i showed her the video clip to prove he didnt say what was shown on MSM..her answer after.. 'i dont care, he's a c**t any way'
. i would did out the clip but i imagine your response would be the same.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

live by the early poll, die by the early poll.

Entirely possible.

Who knows, either one (or both) of these elderly gents may not even be on the ballot by October.

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

Yes Trump talking exactly like Hitler and confronted with that fact say he doesn't care and keeps doing it. What a disgusting person. 

talking like hitler how?  haha, jeez...you got it bad, that TDS 

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

remember hillarys slogan...nah, neither do i

1 hour ago, heybruce said:

So perception matters more than reality. Unfortunately there is some truth in that. 

On economic matters perception often lags reality.  People were complaining about inflation during the '80's and 90's long after it ceased to be a problem.  Fortunately there is time for perceptions to change.

In January of 2020 the people in the 90-99% earnings class earned 2.9 times as much as the bottom 50%

In December of 2023, the people in the 90-99% earnings earned 4.3 times as much as the bottom 50%, that's like a 50% bump. The rich are defiantly getting richer. +

The Fed - Distribution: Distribution of Household Wealth in the U.S. since 1989 (federalreserve.gov)