Trump wins New Hampshire primary as rematch with Biden appears increasingly likely

Crossy

7 hours ago, impulse said:

DEI  Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. 

Isn't that the new racism?  Because preferential treatment based on skin color is racism.  Even when it goes in the other direction.

No, it isn't racism and if you think that's the case, you're woefully ignorant. Switch off the Faux Noise for a while, widen your mental paradigm.

• Agree 1

Trump and his minions have consistently lost elections since his trouncing by Joe. He won't win the 2024 election. What is that definition of insanity?

The only real chance Republicans have of returning to the oval is Ambassador Haley who would beat the current White House occupant with one arm tied behind her back. I honestly think the two primary reasons MAGAts support 45 is a childish, foolish attitude of wanting to "own the libs" and tacit racism. It CAN'T be his record while serving, and it REALLY can't be his superior intellect.

Go ahead, keep beating your head against the same wall and losing elections while you do. Perhaps the truth will eventually sink in.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

No, it isn't racism and if you think that's the case, you're woefully ignorant. Switch off the Faux Noise for a while, widen your mental paradigm.

If that's the case, why did the Supreme Court declare it illegal? 

Only in academia for now, but that's because they only rule on the cases before them.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, impulse said:

If that's the case, why did the Supreme Court declare it illegal? 

Only in academia for now, but that's because they only rule on the cases before them.

Typical MAGt irresponsible post. SCOTUS did NOT make DEI illegal. Nice try, though.

https://hbr.org/2023/08/no-scotus-did-not-make-your-companys-dei-programs-illegal#:~:text=No%2C SCOTUS Did Not Make Your Company's DEI Programs Illegal,-How to separate&text=This is how most corporate,the playing field%2C already work.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HappyExpat57 said:

As I stated, they only ruled on academia.  Because that's the case that was in front of them.

But companies all over the country are scrapping their DEI programs, partly because they have been a disaster for the bottom line, and partly because it's only a matter of time before one of those cases goes to the Supreme Court and racial discrimination in business is ruled as illegal as racial discrimination in academia.

On a personal level, I want the most qualified person doing my surgery and tightening the bolts on my aircraft.  Not the one that ticks the right boxes.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

thousands of registered Dem voters who switched to Independent/GOP before the vote

Those Independent voters switched so they could vote for Ambassador Haley.

Even Brit Hume, a dyed in the wool orange jeezuz supporter, had this to say about New Hampshire:  "[His] victory in the New Hampshire Republican primary also exposes a core 'weakness' in the former president’s candidacy."

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-news-brit-hume-exposes-083414402.html

Just like the red wave that never happened, 45 will never occupy the oval again. The only 4-year term he may serve will be in an orange jumpsuit.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, impulse said:

I suspect it has more to do with the DNC's decision to give NH voters the middle finger and not accept any dedicated delegates from the NH primary.  So any vote as a Dem was wasted.  That allowed a lot of them to cast their vote against Trump instead of wasting it.  They could vote in the Repub primary of they were registered as Republican or as undeclared.  (And apparently, if they didn't register at all.)  

I can't wrap my little mind around the rules, (someone please correct me if this is wrong...) but apparently NH state law says they will be the earliest primary.  DNC this year decided that S. Carolina will be their first primary.  NH disagreed.  Lots of wrangling.  The final result was that the NH primary went on (as it always has) but the DNC won't accept those results and consequently they won't accept any dedicated delegates based on those results.  The way I understand it is that NH will still have delegates, but they won't be dedicated to any candidate based on the primary results.

In any case there have been several interviews of Biden voters leaving the primary after voting for Haley.  But they're on "unapproved" sources so you'll have to look for those.

Sounds right to me - Dems have always been the Party of the Leaders (not the Members). The last thing they want is their 'annointed' Leader being beaten in a popular vote by Party Members.

It reminds me of how Bernie actually won more votes, but Killary was 'appointed' as the Dem Candidate anyway. I also recall how Trump was asked many years ago if he ever ran for POTUS would he run as a Dem or a GOP.  He said GOP and then pointed out that was not because of politics, but because he would be 'independent' - and the Dem candidate is decided by the Party Leaders, while the GOP candidate is decided by the GOP Members. Trump was always about doing the job - not about playing Party politics - that is why all Dems and many GOPs hate him personally. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, impulse said:

My question, (and the answer will probably be coming out over the next few weeks) is whether the votes for Haley were a grassroots effort by individual voters, or if they were the DNC's objective the whole time.  The reason they got into the snit with NH over primary dates...

If they were grassroots, I salute the voters for their initiative and creativity. Even if I disagree with them.  That's democracy.

If it was DNC trickery, it's just another data point that Trump isn't the real threat to democracy.

Yes indeed - and that is the question so many woke liberals just cannot bring themselves to ask.  Is this 'tactic' really democracy, or is it a deceptive underhanded attempt to stop democracy. You know, like all those trumped up charges by Democratic DAs done solely for political reasons. Like I mean - how many of them have charged Hunter Biden with a crime (and so many other Dems). 

That is the main essential difference between woke liberals and rational righties. The work liberals are all about feelings, and they genuinely feel that doing anything they can to win an election is justified because they feel that they are justified. What happens of course, as we all know, is that silly stupid young fools get easily caught up in those 'feelings' and become woke liberals - but then reality hits them hard in the head and they realise the truth that life aint like that and they have to 'grow up' and get on with things and deal with the facts.  As the old saying goes (sic) - 'if you are not a lefty when young you have no heart, and if you are not a righty when an adult you have no head'. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Yes indeed - and that is the question so many woke liberals just cannot bring themselves to ask.  Is this 'tactic' really democracy, or is it a deceptive underhanded attempt to stop democracy. You know, like all those trumped up charges by Democratic DAs done solely for political reasons. Like I mean - how many of them have charged Hunter Biden with a crime (and so many other Dems). 

That is the main essential difference between woke liberals and rational righties. The work liberals are all about feelings, and they genuinely feel that doing anything they can to win an election is justified because they feel that they are justified. What happens of course, as we all know, is that silly stupid young fools get easily caught up in those 'feelings' and become woke liberals - but then reality hits them hard in the head and they realise the truth that life aint like that and they have to 'grow up' and get on with things and deal with the facts.  As the old saying goes (sic) - 'if you are not a lefty when young you have no heart, and if you are not a righty when an adult you have no head'. 

MAGA.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, The Cyclist said:

Here is a short story for you

Under Obama, Russia invaded Crimea.

Under Biden, Russia invaded Ukraine.

Under Trump, Russia invaded,,,,,,,

And yet Trump was the mad man who would take the world to Armageddon.

I'll pop back in and see how the exploding heads are doing after the  South Carolina result.

You just can't make this stuff up. Enjoying 2024 like I hoped I would.

3 hours ago, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Funny how the woke liberals attribute anything said by a rational right as coming from Trump. The reason is because their collective mindset always follows the narrative provided to them for each situation - so they think Trump is our 'source'.

In New Hampshire people can vote as an 'independent' - they dont have to be Dem or GOP. There were 70% of voters registered as independent - and yet Trump still won. 

If it was registered GOP voters only I would say Trump would have got 60-70% of the votes.

Did you hear about the thousands of registered Dem voters who switched to Independent/GOP before the vote? Some think they are against the Biden/Harris disaster continuing, but I reckon some of them just wanted to try and stop Trump.

Trump broke the records in Iowa, and he just received the highest ever amount of votes in New Hampshire. Nevada/Virgin Islands are next but irrelevent, and so the next Trump/Haley 'duel' is in late Feb in Sth Carolina where Haley was Governor for 6 years, followed by Michigan a few days later. It will be all over by March - then the formal selection in July - then it is 'and here we go' (again) - liberal tears will be flowing (again) in November. 

Well i am done with you!The name calling is absolutely not necessary and when you see a fact you just move on to the next lie.

I should know better,there is no reasoning with maga people,for a few reasons.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, jvs said:

Well i am done with you!The name calling is absolutely not necessary and when you see a fact you just move on to the next lie.

I should know better,there is no reasoning with maga people,for a few reasons.

Truly funny ........... 

But my answer is = DITTO (there are none so blind as a woke liberal).

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, TroubleandGrumpy said:

Truly funny ........... 

But my answer is = DITTO (there are none so blind as a woke liberal).

More name calling!

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jvs said:

More name calling!

Woke Liberal is what you and most of the other posters are - did they not tell you that at school?

Woke = Woke Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Liberal = Liberal Definition & Meaning - Merriam-Webster

Somehow that is now seen by some as an insult - and I know why - but I am very much using that as per the dictionary.

Edited by TroubleandGrumpy
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, The Cyclist said:

Here is a short story for you

Under Obama, Russia invaded Crimea.

Under Biden, Russia invaded Ukraine.

Under Trump, Russia invaded,,,,,,,

And yet Trump was the mad man who would take the world to Armageddon.

I'll pop back in and see how the exploding heads are doing after the  South Carolina result.

That's a good bedtime story for you, it should help you sleep.

And you think that , after losing the popular vote 2016 

losing the midterms 

then losing to Biden 2020 

Notice the trend here? 

An insurrection.

several enditments ,

and after all we know about him now  he will win this time?

and why? because he did not start a war?:cheesy:

• Agree 1

Red vs Blue in the New Civil War!

The Divided States of America!

If Real News is not to your liking or fits your narrative, then you call it Fake News!

How can you REALLY tell what news is real or fake??????????????? Everyone quotes it for their own narrative beliefs.

Crazy world that is truly polarizing everybody and governments controlling all their citizens.

Good luck world!!

• Haha 1