An International British Teacher Arrested for Luring Minors to Commit Indecent Acts in Pathum Thani

webfact

8 hours ago, loong said:

It is strange that whenever something like this is reported the majority of posters assume that the person is guilty.

Were you a 'bad' teacher too?

Edited by NanLaew
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, flyingtlger said:

What'd he think he was doing? A social science test?

Lock him up and don't ever let him near children....

It was another teacher who asked the children to tell what happened 🤦🏻‍♂️

8 hours ago, TDCNINJA said:

This behavior is not limited to a certain nationality.  I'm an American. I take no joy in hearing that the accused is British. The United Kingdom has always been a loyal and steadfast friend to my country. I dont understand the constant nation bashing that goes on here. I wish the moderators/management would put a stop to it.

Not limited but Brits are famous for it and statically higher than in other countries. I think their legal system being so leniant they think they can get away with it. And many do for years or decades in plain sight, Saville, Glitter, priests etc.

This softly softly approach where they talk about rehabiltating them rather than jailing them is absurd.

It maybe "racially profiling" but when i have met English "teachers" in Thailand I always assume the worst of them.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/uk-prisons-jail-paedophiles-not-big-enough-capacity-police-warning-a7178851.html

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Homburg said:

I recall when I was at school it was common for children to make up stories about teachers that they did not like.

me too but not stories like this

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Goat said:

Not limited but Brits are famous for it and statically higher than in other countries.

Take a look at Belgium before spouting rubbish, Pedo's are everywhere no country is free of them, Some are more pro active in prosecuting them than others.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Brick Top said:

Jail him for 20 years and let him suffer and ruin his life as he has done with innocent children .

He will be given an oppurtunity to pay his way out.

This is how it works, he will be found guilty, then he will appeal and be given bail (yes that happens in Thailand). When he is out they will sell him his passport back and he will escape.

If he pays. They usually do.

Costs about 4-500,000 thb usually.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

Take a look at Belgium before spouting rubbish, Pedo's are everywhere no country is free of them, Some are more pro active in prosecuting them than others.

British are we?

Prosecuting, but rehabilitating them rather than jailing them. Its hardly a deterrent is it?

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/uk-prisons-jail-paedophiles-not-big-enough-capacity-police-warning-a7178851.html

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Bday Prang said:

If in the UK and you are a Pakistani muslim you are more likely to get away with it than here

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Goat said:

British are we?

Prosecuting, but rehabilitating them rather than jailing them. Its hardly a deterrent is it?

There is no deterrent,   simple as that       There are moves by progressive liberals in USA to normalise it   They call them  "minor attracted people"

There is a lot of "van banging" going on in this thread,  Everybody finds this crime repugnant but only a small minority feel the need to scream so loudly about it,  I could understand it from those who have suffered personally but why the others feel the need to be so outspoken is beyond me.  

• Confused 1

25 minutes ago, G_Money said:

Strange to see all the pedo apologist out in full force.  Makes me wonder.

Lots of "van bangers" out too,   they always make me wonder as well

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, proton said:

If in the UK and you are a Pakistani muslim you are more likely to get away with it than here

Saviile and Gary Glitter were Pakistanis?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Teachers freak me out. Who willingly wants to spend all their time around Little kids? 

Quite a few people do it for the money........and no other reason.

Often heard from my fellow Uni students contemplating life after graduation:

"I s'pose there's always teaching" (spoken with a downcast look of sad resignation)

46 minutes ago, Goat said:

Not limited but Brits are famous for it and statically higher than in other countries. I think their legal system being so leniant they think they can get away with it. And many do for years or decades in plain sight, Saville, Glitter, priests etc.

This softly softly approach where they talk about rehabiltating them rather than jailing them is absurd.

It maybe "racially profiling" but when i have met English "teachers" in Thailand I always assume the worst of them.

Another load of utter rubbish.  I'd suggest you base your accusations on the news that you read.  I doubt you ever read news in, for example, the Turkish language?

These things happen all over the world - sometimes they are news, sometimes they are covered up.

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, Goat said:

So less than 100 per year.

in England in 2016-17 there were 43,522 recorded sexual offences against children under 16.

Mostly done by white non muslim males.

Let me guess. You are a white non muslim Englishman?

not according to the link you posted   

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, goldenbrwn1 said:

You have serious issues with Brits. Non stop . Would really love to know the truth behind it . And don’t give the drunk bar stories …. Did your Mrs run off with one ?

probably one of the few  would be immigrants that they wouldn't let in    

1 hour ago, Goat said:

https://amp.theguardian.com/australia-news/2023/nov/20/child-sexual-abuse-study-finds-94-of-australian-men-report-having-offended-against-a-child

Bloody hell 1 in 10 Aussies are wrong ens 😂 

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, TDCNINJA said:

This behavior is not limited to a certain nationality.  I'm an American. I take no joy in hearing that the accused is British. The United Kingdom has always been a loyal and steadfast friend to my country. I dont understand the constant nation bashing that goes on here. I wish the moderators/management would put a stop to it.

Yes I agree. I would attribute it to a low level of education.

9 hours ago, Robert Paulson said:

Teachers freak me out. Who willingly wants to spend all their time around Little kids? 

I spent a lot of  being around both Prathom and Mattyom children when I was an English teacher, but it does not mean to say I would want to touch them in any way.

• Like 1