Provisional Decision Today: ICJ Weighs Emergency Measures Amid Allegations of Genocide in Gaza

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It's not up to me to point out which parts (always the first sentences if any) are included in the link. It's up to you to read the link.

Whether AJ has ever had terrorists working for it is off topic and I have no cliue why you are asking me that question. .

@ozimoron

AJ employees connection with Hamas was discussed and linked on these topics more than once. With your participation.

You're lying. Or having one of them 'memory' problems, again.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

It's not up to me to point out which parts (always the first sentences if any) are included in the link. It's up to you to read the link.

Whether AJ has ever had terrorists working for it is off topic and I have no cliue why you are asking me that question. .

You posted a link to AJ. It’s the messenger and it’s credibility is important. The same as forum etiquette is important when quoting from links to distinguish fantasy from article misinformation. You’ll get it.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, coolcarer said:

You posted a link to AJ. It’s the messenger and it’s credibility is important. The same as forum etiquette is important when quoting from links to distinguish fantasy from article misinformation. You’ll get it.

AJ's credibility is off topic. It is an acceptable link here. Complain to a moddy.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

5 hours ago, Morch said:

How many of them were Hamas men?

5 hours ago, Jeff the Chef said:

I've no idea, have you?

35 minutes ago, Morch said:

I'm not the one trying to spin things, you are.

Not spinning anything, you asked the question "How many of them were Hamas men?"

Truth hurts, 1282 people have died since the Order was published.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Jeff the Chef said:

Not spinning anything, you asked the question "How many of them were Hamas men?"

Truth hurts, 1282 people have died since the Order was published.

There was no order that the war will be stopped. People die in wars.

As usual, you post meaningless comments, and cannot even explain what you meant by them.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Are you asserting that any of my quotes from the article I posted was false?

@ozimoron

What slant and interpretation a source provides may be relevant.

This was covered by multiple sources. You chose AJ.

You claimed AJ credibility was 'off topic' (based on what?)

Showed otherwise, you move the goalposts.

Same old.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

Are you asserting that any of my quotes from the article I posted was false?

I’m not fact checking it for you as well fella. I suggest you do that and see yourself. I’ve not read and don’t intend to. When you’ve checked it for facts then post back.

• Like 1

EXPLAINER

What does Israel need to do to comply with the ICJ genocide decision?

The International Court of Justice’s decision on Friday finding that it is at least plausible that Israel violated some of the terms of the Genocide Convention during its war against Hamas in Gaza was something of a mixed bag for Jerusalem.

On the one hand, the very nature of that finding does severe reputational damage to Israel and further weakens its international standing.

On the other, the provisional measures the court ordered were also relatively mild. The ICJ said very generally and vaguely that Israel must do everything in its power to “prevent” acts of genocide, but since it did not tell Israel to “desist” from such acts or even to halt its military campaign in Gaza, there is little Israel needs to do to demonstrate compliance with that particular order.

The court did, however, issue several other measures that will require more active steps by Israel in order to comply with the ICJ’s orders.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/what-does-israel-need-to-do-to-comply-with-the-icj-genocide-decision/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

women and the elderly - it is permissible to kill and kidnap": the verses of Hamas' halachic law are revealed

The IDF spokesman announced that in the activity in Khan Yunis, a Halacha book of the Shura Council was found that was distributed to Hamas terrorists before October 7, containing instructions for the terrorists. "The Zionist society is an armed society that has come to take our land and shed blood. There is no difference between men and women, old and young - therefore it is permissible to kill and take everyone captive,'' i12

1 comments

IDF Spokesman in Arabic Lt. Col. Avihai Adrei announced this evening (Monday) that during an IDF operation in the Khan Yunis area, a book of Halacha verses of the Shura Council was found, which was distributed to Hamas terrorists before the attack on October 7. In the book it is described that there is no difference between men, women, old men and boys - and that all of them are allowed to be killed and kidnapped.
The Book of Halacha Verses of the Shura Council of Hamas: There is no difference between men, women, old men, and boys - they can all be attacked
The Book of Halacha Verses of the Shura Council of Hamas

The book of halachic verses that was found belongs to the Shura Council as mentioned, the institution whose job it is to advise Hamas on religious matters, signed by Ahmed Behar, the chairman of the council who was thwarted. The book was distributed to the organization's terrorists, and it contains articles, halachic verses and instructions to the terrorists on how they should act and treat the enemy, the abductees and when They are allowed to kill.
The book states that "the Zionist society is an armed society that came to take the land of Palestine by force, to defile the holy places and to shed blood. Most of them are conscripted for mandatory military service, therefore - every one of the Jewish occupiers are fighters except for boys and the mentally ill who are exempt from service."
In the book it was emphasized that "there is no difference between men and women, old and young. That is why it is permissible to harm them in killings, and to take them all as prisoners of war. All this, if you manage to kidnap them while they are still alive."

Avichai Adrai
IDF spokesman in Arabic Lt. Col. Avihai Adrai. "unequivocally contradicts the Hamas narrative"
( Photo: IDF spokesman )
The IDF spokesman in Arabic published the verses of the Halacha in response to the fact that a few weeks ago Hamas published a 16-page pamphlet in English and Arabic containing claims justifying the terrorist organization's actions against Israel in the attack it carried out on October 7. In the same document, Hamas stated that there was no intention to harm innocent civilians , and that the organization does not harm the captives. It was also noted that the terrorists who participated in the attack did not have permission to kill those not involved during the invasion.
Among other things, Hamas claimed that "Operation Flood al-Aqsa was a necessary step and a natural response to confronting the Israeli plans being made which aim to eliminate the Palestinian issue, control the country and its Judaism, and resolve the sovereignty over the Al-Aqsa Mosque and the holy places." Regarding harming Israeli civilians, Hamas wrote: "Avoidance of harming civilians, especially women, children and the elderly, is a religious and moral obligation that Hamas members grow up on."
"For years, Hamas has been claiming to the international media that it operates under the faith and religion of Islam, and that the organization's actions do not stem from hatred of Jews," the IDF spokesman said in Arabic. "What is written in the books

Admin note:https://www.ynetnews.com/article/sylv1crq6

2 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Does nobody else find it ironic that the so-called International Court of "Justice" includes judges from China, Russia, Somalia, and Uganda? Countries that have no justice within their own borders have no business trying to deal justice to others. 

Don't be so judgemental.

Strange how we are judgmental when things aren't going to our narrative.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Does nobody else find it ironic that the so-called International Court of "Justice" includes judges from China, Russia, Somalia, and Uganda? Countries that have no justice within their own borders have no business trying to deal justice to others. 

Although they did give quite a fair ruling in the South Africa/Israel case 

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Hanaguma said:

Are you still, in this day and age, find anything Ironic in this less than all there world? I'm saying that ICJ should have included N. korea and Iran among the judges to REALLY be ironic...

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Hanaguma said:

It was pointed out and discussed.

The Uganda Judge, by the way, was the only one (including the Israeli representative, even) that rejected all of South Africa's points.

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Don't be so judgemental.

Strange how we are judgmental when things aren't going to our narrative.

Go on and tell him he's 'Islamophobic' - that's your' go to act.

• Haha 2

On 1/27/2024 at 4:28 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

And what does Israel want? All the settlers, this war, it seems Israel wants all the land, obviously without the Palestinians. Some high-ranking Israeli government officials call the animals. 

The high ranking Israeli Government official referred to the Hamas Oct 7 terrorists as "animals".

The people that murdered raped and committed war crimes on innocent civilians .

Those are the people he referred to as animals , he didn't refer to Palestinians as animals 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

The high ranking Israeli Government official referred to the Hamas Oct 7 terrorists as "animals".

The people that murdered raped and committed war crimes on innocent civilians .

Those are the people he referred to as animals , he didn't refer to Palestinians as animals 

Yes, that's what he said after people all over the world criticized him for what he said.

Probably he misspoke of mistalked or whatever they call this these days. 

I read there are also lots of videos on TikTok from Israeli soldiers who have "fun" in Gaza. I don't really want to look it up.

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yes, that's what he said after people all over the world criticized him for what he said.

I read there are also lots of videos on TikTok from Israeli soldiers who have "fun" in Gaza. I don't really want to look it up.

That's not all he said is it? He said that after he said there would be a complete blockade on Gaza. No food, no water, no electricity. Then he said they were fighting against human animals. A complete blockade on Gaza isn't just Hamas is it? In context, in the sentence immediately following the blockade announcement he said this. Nobody should infer that he is referring only to Hamas.

• Confused 1

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

No that's what he said first time on the 9th Oct and had no need to make another statement. It was the same time they declared war on Hamas.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/defense-minister-announces-complete-siege-of-gaza-no-power-food-or-fuel/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Israel think they are above the law. Disgraceful. 

So you're ok with Palestinian protestesters that break the law, but not Israeli protesters that are trying to stop the convoy getting into the hands of Hamas (see video). Hypocritical much. 😕

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Israel think they are above the law. Disgraceful. 

Do you think that aid waiting for the UN to pick up for 3 days after its been cleared by Israel is disgraceful?

UN still complaining of starvation?

Israel is facilitating aid into Gaza quicker than the UN can distribute it. This is the content of 500 trucks on Gaza’s side of Kerem Shalom, AFTER Israeli inspection, waiting to be picked up by @UN agencies. 

It’s day 3 that aid is waiting for the @UN to collect it.

Israel slams UN on aid to Gaza, says it needs to ‘scale up operations’

The Defense Ministry’s liaison unit to the Palestinians chastised the United Nations on Thursday for not keeping up with humanitarian aid operations in the Gaza Strip.

Since the beginning of the war, aid groups have charged that they are not receiving enough supplies to keep up with the demands of Gazans in the embattled enclave.

But the Coordinator of Government Activities in the Territories (COGAT) posted photos on X of what it said is “the content of 500 trucks of humanitarian aid on the Gazan side of Kerem Shalom, AFTER Israeli inspection, waiting to be picked up and distributed by UN orgs.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/israel-slams-un-on-aid-to-gaza-says-it-needs-to-scale-up-operations

image.png.4881ff584eb42b8fb55857f79b5aaa30.png

• Like 1