German President Praises Thailand's Democratic Progress

snoop1130

17 hours ago, herfiehandbag said:

Well it worked for her for 69 years or so...

besides that and grabbing/stealing valuables historical artifacts/gold/diamonds, from mostly of their African colonies, what were her contributions to history/humanity

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

besides that and grabbing/stealing valuables historical artifacts/gold/diamonds, from mostly of their African colonies, what were her contributions to history/humanity

Being born with a silver spoon in her mouth.

20 hours ago, retarius said:

What democratic progress would that be?

The "democratic" process or concept is not that much different in Thailand than in the UK 

In Thailand at election time people vote for whichever party promises to do the things they are in favour of,  but when the results are not in line with what the powers that be desire, they are simply disregarded  

In the UK people vote in a similar manner ,  for the political party whose  stated manifesto matches what they are in favour of, then the winning party simply disregards their stated manifesto and does exactly what it wants

Same same but different ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Bday Prang said:

The "democratic" process or concept is not that much different in Thailand than in the UK 

In Thailand at election time people vote for whichever party promises to do the things they are in favour of,  but when the results are not in line with what the powers that be desire, they are simply disregarded  

In the UK people vote in a similar manner ,  for the political party whose  stated manifesto matches what they are in favour of, then the winning party simply disregards their stated manifesto and does exactly what it wants

Same same but different ?

How can you call Britain a democratic country?

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, retarius said:

How can you call Britain a democratic country?

I don't really consider any country truly democratic to be honest, but the Uk is the only other western country  I know enough about to use for the purposes of  comparison

I have no Idea of how other European countries scam their citizens but I imagine its done in a similar way,   God forbid I should offend any french, germans , dutch etc etc so I thought using the UK as a poor example would be the safest option.    I think we are on the same wavelength

13 hours ago, mfd101 said:

The people who display spectacular levels of ignorance are the people on AN who haven't a clue how these things work.

After lengthy consultations at Embassy/diplomatic level (usually over months), the 2 countries agree that a visit by the German Head of State would be appropriate as a gesture to warm up relations between the 2 countries (& more generally the EU & The West) in light of the outcomes of Thai politics last year. Further discussions agree on mutually agreeable dates. The German Head of State arrives ...

And people here expect him to launch in to a torrent of abuse about how awful Thai politics is, how they need to join the C21st or else I'll never deign to visit you ever again you each-way Charlies & toadies etc etc etc!

No, I don't necessarily expect that, but when a man comes out and praises an administration that has stolen an election from a very worthy man, who the Thai people elected based on their dreams and aspirations (in concert with the toxic, corrupt and greedy army), and then praises the administration for its democratic progress, that is just total BS, total nonsense, a complete lack of integrity, throwing ethics under the bus, and completely demoralizing.

Yes I agree that politicians are liars, but this takes it to a whole different level, this guy is a clown. 

Edited by spidermike007

14 hours ago, jvs said:

Not many countries outside of Asia know anything about the politics in Thailand.

Why should they?Thailand is not a big player on world level as far as economics go.

You are right he is ignorant but they should have told him what is going on.

He probably knows what is going on but people in politics say what they have to say to get what they want.

Nothing new and happens every where daily.

While that may be true it's still worthwhile to call him out for the complete liar and disingenuous man that he is. Saying something like that to the leader of a administration that has engaged in felonious theft of an election, against the will of the people, is just a bit beyond the pale. 

There is nothing democratic about the theft that has taken place here. 

No moral high ground for you, my man, from which to make proclamations on democratic progress; not since you guys started discussing banning the main opposition party in Germany, the AfD.