Foreign Tourist Assaulted in Pattaya: Urgent Call for Authorities' Intervention

webfact

5 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Not sure but the implication (whether true or not) is that the Russians were in the role of running the "massage" business.

I think the Thai  soapy mafia is still rough and strong enough to beat them to pieces.

So far...

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

Looks like the Russians are using their influence in Pattaya same as Phuket 

Taking over businesses and getting involved in criminal activities 🤑

Well by all means then the immigration people should extend their no visa required stay to at least one year so they can have more time to engage in nefarious activities.  How many other nationalities would love to have 90 days no visa and be less likely to work without permits, create their own mafia, and generally create chaos...not to mention attacking a disabled man and then threatening him if he identifies them.  Good job TAT.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, KhunBENQ said:

This soapy is the only one of this type in Soi Honey. Not a shady shack like many others there. Can't tell whether you pay upfront. But the prices are usually made very clear in soapies before the deal (1600 to 3000 and more).

If that is the case, then I cannot see a disagreement that would involve muscle.  I think this was strictly a Russian goon trying to rip off a Handicapped Korean.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Will B Good said:

How does he know they were Russian?  

He either knew them or they spoke Russian, which he by chance understands, or they had Russian flags/tattoos......????

He either knew them or they spoke Russian, which he by chance understands...or they spoke English...or Thai...or Korean.

2 hours ago, John Drake said:
2 hours ago, Aleksey75 said:

I don't understand many Russians: they hate Asians, they hate Thai food, they are disgusted by Asian boys or girls, at the same time they're still coming here - what for? Why?!

Crime

That and dodging Putin's draft.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Aleksey75 said:

I don't understand many Russians: they hate Asians, they hate Thai food, they are disgusted by Asian boys or girls, at the same time they're still coming here - what for? Why?! And,also, expect that the whole world always owes them something...

Draft dodgers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:
2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Koreans and other Asians are carted to soapies in bus loads.

Part of the package.

So it's good to have a doorman/receptionist who speaks Korean.

The articles says the victim is a TOURIST, not a worker at the "massage" place.

The article also says,

10 hours ago, webfact said:

... In spite of the severity of the incident, the victim refrained from filing a complaint, concerned about potential reprisals from the assailants who had issued threats of additional harm if authorities were alerted. 

So it's a fairly sound bet that the chap who got beaten up was an unofficial employee of the massage shop as @KhunBENQ suggests and doesn't want to be in ANY spotlight. Otherwise, why would an alleged couple of angry 'Russians' beat up a disabled Korean tourist in broad daylight?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Photoguy21 said:
8 hours ago, mikebell said:

The Russian Mafia is now involved in the massage scene?

Haven't they always been involved?

One just needs to venture down Walking Street... Lots of Russians promoting the Russian go-gos. All promoters with work permits, I'm sure. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

Had a “ normal” massage once in Jomtien near Thepprasit  . The girl who could speak English said she also did condo visits , her boss was Russian, and had bought many condos there. 

This was about 10 years ago. I was very surprised then. There’s loads of Russians working in Pattaya area, and what about the Russian gogo’s ?? 
Everyone knows Phuket is  overrun with them, adding to the big downgrade. 

• Agree 2

9 hours ago, 2baht said:

The Family Resort just gets better! The pristine image endures!

Two Russians and a South Korean, nothing to do with where it happened. Anyway, it long ago became clear that those of you who knock the city are those who'd love to visit here from their jungle clearing out back of beyond, but their wives won't let them. I'll just carry on enjoying the place that I've been for the past 17 years and wouldn't live anywhere else.

• Confused 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

he witnessed the victim being attacked by two Russian nationals.

Friends of this government. They should be jailed for a year or two pay this disabled guy compensation then get a life ban, but the PM loves a war Criminal, will we get any updates? 

I won't hold my breath.   :post-4641-1156693976: Russian Mafi are now here.

5 hours ago, Will B Good said:

Sounds like he needs a good massage to get over this ordeal.

I think you are correct. The position they will use during the massage is called "the wheelbarrow".

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, webfact said:

victim refrained from filing a complaint, concerned about potential reprisals from the assailants who had issued threats of additional harm if authorities were alerted. 

He should be given police protection until they are behind bars and he has received compensation. Get your act together Thailand. No doubt he'll get lumbered with the hospital charges as well.