Taylor Swift Caught in Crosshairs of Bizarre MAGA Conspiracy Theory

Social Media

On 2/4/2024 at 3:38 AM, Elkski said:

I guess she is at a place where she doesn't need to worry about alienating some,  but can stand up for her values.  Isn't that novel?    Taylor for president!! 2028

I doubt she is daft enough to run for president. How many intelligent people do you see standing for that position at present?

• Confused 1

Just now, herfiehandbag said:

Well I think that she can, although not directly.

Miss Swift standing up at a major event and saying vote for Joe Biden, will I agree have relatively little effect, (apart perhaps for an uptick in the sales of blood pressure pills to certain sections of the community!), and yet another target to be protected from the lunatic fringe of MAGA politics; but her campaign to persuade young people to register to vote, and to go out and vote, especially young, female, first time voters, could, judging by the numbers it inspired last time, have significant effect, particularly in "swing states"!

Normally that might be true, but apparently the American youth are deserting Biden in droves over Gaza, so they might vote third party ( I can't see them voting Trump either ) or just not vote in an election about two very old men, both with physical and mental problems. It's not much of a choice, is it?

What the <deleted> happened to the US that it got this bad with two appalling choices for POTUS? Where are all the young Jack Kennedy's now?

• Confused 2
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, pomchop said:

and it does not appear that Taylor will have to beg her fans to send her $$ to pay multi million dollar court judgements..nor does she appear to encourage her massive following to engage in violence or throw temper tantrums....so who is the adult in the room? 

But please MAGA...attack Taylor and be sure to also attack Oprah, Michelle Obama, and dozens of other celebs who are loved and followed by millions of voters...gonna take more than a has been like kid rock or ted nugent to cover that...

What? Isn't Bruce Springsteen still topping album sales and loved by genZ and millennials as well as genX and boomers? Like not only rusted on extremists from a single political party love them, right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Berkshire said:

JFK was a Democrat.  If he were alive today and running for POTUS, the MAGA nutters would crucify him for all sorts of made-up nonsense.  Which is pretty much what they're doing with Joe Biden. 

And don't forget that per the orange buffoon ted cruz dad was involved in JFK assassination  but now Cancun ted licks trumps behind like the coward that he and his fellow republicans demonstrate every chance they get.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, pomchop said:

ok add springstein to another american hero to attack and piss off all his fans as well...Springsteen is a dem and a vocal supporter.

MAGA should make a list of the 100 most popular celebs in america and be sure and attack each and every one who does not pledge allegiance to the orange buffoon...obviously they can have no talent or followers if they don't drink kool aide.

LOL, I thought Springsteen was a Republican. Must be just because I don't like him.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

JFK was a Democrat.  If he were alive today and running for POTUS, the MAGA nutters would crucify him for all sorts of made-up nonsense.  Which is pretty much what they're doing with Joe Biden. 

Actually Kennedy was a womaniser and the MeToo movement would crucify him today.

My call was not for the man himself but for someone that could emulate the promise of Camelot, a shining city on a hill for the population, someone that could send a man to the moon when they used slide rules, someone that faced off the USSR when it really mattered, a real hero ( Kennedy was a war hero ), someone to inspire the nation. What we have now is two geriatrics trying to outdo each other in negativity. Oh USA, how low you have fallen to be in such a situation!

21 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

LOL, I thought Springsteen was a Republican. Must be just because I don't like him.

He kept out of politics for a long time, I recall Warren Beatty saying he wanted to get Bruce involved back in the '00 decade.  He gave a free concert the day before the 2016 election in Philly (well, that's almost New Jersey) to support Hillary.  Can't say he didn't try.

John Voight is the one that surprises me, he had some quite sympathetic roles back when (Midnight Cowboy, Conrack, a crippled Viet veteran in Coming Home (contains a rug-munching scene with Jane Fonda)).  Maybe he's doing it to spite his daughter.

Edited by bendejo
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Danderman123 said:

I am sure you have your finger on the pulse of young voters in America.

You are so easy to refute

https://jacobin.com/2023/11/joe-biden-polls-reelection-israel-war-gaza-palestine-democratic-party

Voters Are Leaving Joe Biden in Droves Over His Support for Israel

In fact, young Democrats effectively flipped their position over the past month, ending up with nearly 21 percent less likely to back Biden because of his handling of the war

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Berkshire said:

Except with Biden it's probably true, IMO.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/31/2024 at 9:13 AM, Pouatchee said:

sports, politics and entertainment should not mix. keep them separate entities

You DO, of course, understand that sporting governing bodies and entertainment "academies" are purely political bodies, right? 🤔

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/31/2024 at 9:23 AM, Pouatchee said:

i cant remember eastwood, arnold putting politics in their movies while being in office.

Then your memory must be failing. All entertainment has a political component, intended or not. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

You appear to believe that a singer can influence an election for POTUS. Has that ever happened in US history, and in any event, her fans are likely never going to vote Trump anyway.

@thaibeachlovers

It's enough if a bunch of them would vote (as opposed to not voting at all).

• Agree 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Considering that young people are being turned off Biden in droves over his support for the Gaza conflict, IMO any support Swift garners for Biden will likely be minor compared to the numbers not voting for him over Gaza. IMO he has lost every voter of Arabic origin in the US.

@thaibeachlovers

IMO, you do not have any figures which could support that.

I think that you overestimate the former, and underestimate the latter.

• Thanks 1

I think without this press blowup with fake conspiracy theory that Swift would have eventually said something to indicate preference for Biden.

But now, I question if that would be wise if she really wants to help Biden.

It's clear from her previous statements that she would support Biden against Trump so that's already baked in.

In this newly super heated environment about what she might say, I think it might be more helpful for her to be even more active to persuade the Swifties merely to REGISTER to vote and to vote.

That will be more than enough to help Biden greatly without paying the price of amplifying more divisiveness. 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2