Car Blocking the Entrance to my House.

12 minutes ago, novacova said:

Not in Thailand? Nothing of the sort in our neighborhood(s) All the cops are easy going including my wife’s cousin, except for when he’s had too much to drink, then he starts fighting his pistol out into the rice swap at around 1:00am.

You have one of those too?

wow , soon as alcohol comes in to the picture , they loose common sense!

6 minutes ago, riclag said:

Listen to the Mrs if you value your property & life!

I don’t expect to die of natural causes as originally planned here.

Currently have a feud with the Dog

neighbor and other minor issues, like 

beeping the horn at careless motorists/ motorbike drivers.

Listen to your Mrs.

imop

You always beep at carless motorists/motorbike riders to prevent an accident. That way it is legal.

1 hour ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Is it to do with their lack of education, I had thoughts of getting someone to phone a car removal truck and take it away, that way it couldn’t be traced back to me.

You cant do that now. Your etched in stone in their (car family)eyes.

12 hours ago, Lacessit said:

It does not need to start, all it needs to do is roll. Is there a nearby spot the car could be moved to so it is no longer obstructing you?

Roll it  or have it towed to outside the Policemans brothers house🙂

Edited by prakhonchai nick

13 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

A car was ‘dumped’ more or less directly opposite the gates of my house last week meaning I can’t get the car indoors now, it’s a narrow Soi. It’s years old, sporty type with huge spoiler on the boot, full of junk, there is what looks like a Police ID Card hanging inside it, it’s covered in dust and hasn’t been taxed for years. 
I have discovered it belongs to the Policeman’s brother who lives a few houses down the Soi, my Thai wife says don’t say anything as we will be hassled by the Police if we report it. The other day a Thai with dyed yellow hair started ‘dusting’ the car down, I approached him and asked when is he going to move ii as it was blocking the access to my house,blank look then indicated it doesn’t start. My Thai wife went off it saying I shouldn’t have said anything resulting in her going in a no speaking mode for the next few hours. She said you might speak to people like that in England but not in Thailand, I wasn’t aggressive just asked how long was it going to be there for.

Obviously nothing illegal about where the car is parked but it’s totally inconsiderate and ignorant to have parked his car there more so he blanked me when I asked him when he was going to move it.

Have it towed. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, steven100 said:

Jumbo ....  that's a tricky situation to be in.  Firstly, your wife is doing what any Thai would do, they won't complain or say anything that makes loss of face for the owner, it's just how Thai's are as they don't want any confrontation.

as for the guy just turning his back ...  I'm not sure but either he didn't understand a word you said or he's just being Thai arrogant and obnoxious as they can be.

Let the wife handle it'  stay out of it, Thai's won't listen to a farang.   

Go buy a cheap bottle of Blend285 whiskey and convince the wife to go down to the house and talk to the Policemen's brother,  tell him it's a gift for chinese new year or something ....  then have her ask him if it's at all possible to re-locate the nice car as you can't get in your garage space ... tell her to offer any assistance if they need any.  

then see how that goes .....    That's your only hope for getting some action ..    imo

How about offering to wash his car too. Jesus, stand up to your rights and deal with it like a man. You’d get respected by him even at the cost of making him lose face a bit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

A car was ‘dumped’ more or less directly opposite the gates of my house last week meaning I can’t get the car indoors now, it’s a narrow Soi. It’s years old, sporty type with huge spoiler on the boot, full of junk, there is what looks like a Police ID Card hanging inside it, it’s covered in dust and hasn’t been taxed for years. 
I have discovered it belongs to the Policeman’s brother who lives a few houses down the Soi, my Thai wife says don’t say anything as we will be hassled by the Police if we report it. The other day a Thai with dyed yellow hair started ‘dusting’ the car down, I approached him and asked when is he going to move ii as it was blocking the access to my house,blank look then indicated it doesn’t start. My Thai wife went off it saying I shouldn’t have said anything resulting in her going in a no speaking mode for the next few hours. She said you might speak to people like that in England but not in Thailand, I wasn’t aggressive just asked how long was it going to be there for.

Obviously nothing illegal about where the car is parked but it’s totally inconsiderate and ignorant to have parked his car there more so he blanked me when I asked him when he was going to move it.

And your question is????

Towing away? Burn it? 😵‍💫

• Sad 2

14 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Sorry but your wife needs a wake up call, have you actually  tried calling the cops? You could try the Tourist police.

He said parking there is not illegal.

• Confused 1

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

He said parking there is not illegal.

Dumping an unregistered car is illegal. anyway I was talking about his wife's fear of violence and maybe the TP could act as an intermediator.

the only other option I can think of is widening his entrance. Photos could help.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

We had an instance in the last house where the neighbour parked an old bike opposite the house just to annoy us, over the months several arguments developed even to the extent the Thai fella was writing abusive messages on the wall and making comments when walking past him. This culminated in violence where the fella assaulted my wife, this was tonight before we were due to fly to the U.K. The Police were called fella was given a written warning, we could have gone to the hospital to asses her injury but as we were were flying out the next day we didn’t bother.

This is the main reason my wife doesn’t want confrontation as in her mind history could repeat itself, when she gets going she is unstoppable !

"the neighbour parked an old bike opposite the house just to annoy us"

So there is history.

sounds like a bad situation.

16 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

was ‘dumped’ more or less directly opposite the gates of my house

Get wider gates fitted to your house or get used to it.

I knocked down some of the front fence, had the builder install a wider gate.

My neighbors are always getting angry, complaining about the cars parking opposite, not me. 😂

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

stand up to your rights and deal with it like a man. You’d get respected by him

More than likely get a bullet in his head. 

My neighbor pulled out his gun when a foreigner was jogging past his house and started yelling at his dog. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

More than likely get a bullet in his head. 

My neighbor pulled out his gun when a foreigner was jogging past his house and started yelling at his dog. 

I guess it does depend on where you live like most countries. Specifics aside it is a matter of right vs wrong. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

17 hours ago, lopburi3 said:

Perhaps, if you had to say anything, an offer to help move to a designated area might have been less lose of face (for a Thai with dyed yellow hair).  Sorry but agree with your wife on this.

Bull..     get right in their face and ask him to move it so you can access your drive

put your car in the street running and knock on his door

• Thumbs Up 1

Inconsiderate parking is endemic in Thailand. I used to get quite annoyed by it, but now every time I'm back in the UK for a month I see that things are often no better there. Something generational maybe?

• Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, kidneyw said:

I had a similar situation many years ago, but it was a driveable car that was parked opposite my driveway. When I complained and asked him to move it, so I could park in my driveway, his mate came upto me and blindsided me with a smack to the side of the face.

Sold the house and moved after that.

Why did you not hit him back?? In the 17 years I have lived here in Thailand I have never laid my hand on a Thai, but if a Thai hit me and there was no back up except maybe one man I would not hesitate to hit him back, then again, a farang would only need to threaten me with violence to make me immediately lash out.

Edited by NoshowJones
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, AustinRacing said:

What nonsense about Thais being non-confrontational. Maybe for little things but in this case my wife would’ve approached the guy in a polite way. You are on the right track in wanting to do something about it. Your wife, respectfully, needs to grow a pair. 

The only time most Thais are not non-confrontational is when they have their buddies with them.

• Agree 1