Car Blocking the Entrance to my House.

hahah the a hole has even put stupid cones around it. what a jaggoff.

i just moved into a house in phuket and there is a car in a similar spot to my house. it is not right n front of my drive so i care not but you can tell it has been there for a long long time. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, stoner said:

hahah the a hole has even put stupid cones around it. what a jaggoff.

i just moved into a house in phuket and there is a car in a similar spot to my house. it is not right n front of my drive so i care not but you can tell it has been there for a long long time. 

20240201_184231.jpg

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

I have only been here 6 months and the way you might handle it your own country is way different here . My unsolicited advice 100% defer to your wife on this issue.

yes ... agree ... Let a Thai handle it ....  certainly not a farang,  as that will get nothing done ... .

a farang telling a Thai ( policeman's brother )   what to do ..... :vampire:    i don't think so

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Adumbration said:

How is it blocking your driveway.  It is parked in front of a tree?

I live opposite, I can’t get the turning circle to get in the gate, fortunately I was out when the car was left or it would have meant I could not get the car out.

On 1/31/2024 at 6:34 PM, Jumbo1968 said:

This is the main reason my wife doesn’t want confrontation as in her mind history could repeat itself, when she gets going she is unstoppable !

This whole area you are living seems to be filled with low life bottom dwellers. If you can move to a place with better people that would be a good idea.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I live opposite, I can’t get the turning circle to get in the gate, fortunately I was out when the car was left or it would have meant I could not get the car out.

You've still not dealt with the issue yet ???

The longer you leave it the more the 'sense of entitlement' will filter in that this is 'now their parking spot'... 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, NorthernRyland said:

This whole area you are living seems to be filled with low life bottom dwellers. If you can move to a place with better people that would be a good idea.

How do you determine that, we have lived here for years with never a problem, we have great neighbours a mixture of Thais and foreigners but unfortunately 1 bad egg turned up the other week.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

You've still not dealt with the issue yet ???

The longer you leave it the more the 'sense of entitlement' will filter in that this is 'now their parking spot'... 

At the end of the day if the fella feels like that I am not going to lose any sleep over it, it’s just sheer ignorance of him which tbh could occur in any country. It could probably be dealt with better in another country but we have no idea the mentality of the owner of the car.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

unfortunately 1 bad egg turned up the other week.

He may not be a bad egg...   you've haven't given them an opportunity to move the car yet.... 

Just go and ask... 

Also, is there a space outside their house where the car can be parked ?

2 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

At the end of the day if the fella feels like that I am not going to lose any sleep over it, it’s just sheer ignorance of him which tbh could occur in any country. It could probably be dealt with better in another country but we have no idea the mentality of the owner of the car.

Well go and find out then...    it may be ignorance on his part, but he may not know he's causing anyone any inconvenience at all...    

... All you have to do is ask... and if you have any concerns beyond that... take a 'white flag' with you (bottle of booze).

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Well go and find out then...    it may be ignorance on his part, but he may not know he's causing anyone any inconvenience at all...    

... All you have to do is ask... and if you have any concerns beyond that... take a 'white flag' with you (bottle of booze).

I pointed out I have no access to my house, he ignored me, 

2 minutes ago, richard_smith237 said:

He may not be a bad egg...   you've haven't given them an opportunity to move the car yet.... 

Just go and ask... 

Also, is there a space outside their house where the car can be parked ?

His brother parks his car outside where he is currently living, I gave him the opportunity the other day but he just blanked me.

1 minute ago, Jumbo1968 said:

His brother parks his car outside where he is currently living, I gave him the opportunity the other day but he just blanked me.

And what exactly is stopping you from speaking with the tessabaan or village headsman?

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

and there lies your problem,   ignorance, obnoxious,  uneducated .... they wouldn't know courtesy if it bit them on the a__ .  and pecking order because that's why the wife is reluctant.

It's bs .....   but TIT ....  and that's how it is ....

2 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

I pointed out I have no access to my house, he ignored me, 

No.. thats not what you described... you said you spoke with someone with dyed hair who blanked you... 

Thats not a conversation... That's you saying something that was probably completely incomprehendabe to the other party who still as no idea they are blocking you.. 

As others have pointed out... this could have simply been a 'helper'...  

We're you speaking Thai with him, or English ?

• Thumbs Up 1

I keep getting advice about approaching him I have already done so, suggesting I will assist him to move the car which is actually nearer to where he is living, no way am I going to try and bribe him with booze.

4 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

Blanked you, or didnt understand you ???   you are not clear on this point ?

Did you speak English or Thai to him ?

• Agree 2

8 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

as I said Jumbo,   take the bottle down,  tell him it's a chinese new year gift,  he might want to have a drink with you ...  then get a feel for his tone etc .....  see if you can politely ask if the nice car can be moved 20 feet ...  and explain why

Just now, Jumbo1968 said:

I keep getting advice about approaching him I have already done so, suggesting I will assist him to move the car which is actually nearer to where he is living, no way am I going to try and bribe him with booze.

And did he even understand you ?? ... was it the owner of the car or a helper...

• Like 1

Just now, richard_smith237 said:

Blanked you, or didnt understand you ???   you are not clear on this point ?

Did you speak English or Thai to him ?

I made hand signals to suggest we swop places where the cars are parked, ignored my request, it was very clear what I was suggesting, if I was a Thai he might have done but no way will he do what a foreigner asks is my belief.

16 minutes ago, Jumbo1968 said:

How do you determine that, we have lived here for years with never a problem, we have great neighbours a mixture of Thais and foreigners but unfortunately 1 bad egg turned up the other week.

You said there another problem with another person. Maybe it's the same household? If there are multiple homes giving you problems that's a really bad sign.

Just now, Jumbo1968 said:

I made hand signals to suggest we swop places where the cars are parked, ignored my request, it was very clear what I was suggesting, if I was a Thai he might have done but no way will he do what a foreigner asks is my belief.

So you went out waved your hands around and figured the other party 'should' understand what you mean.

Meanwhile this other guy is thinking, this crazy foreigner came out while I was cleaning my car and started waving his hands around.

You don't speak Thai's so don't know how to deal with the issue any further. 

Your Wife won't help because she suspect she'll be ignored (or is scared).

And you wont go around the house with a bottle of Booze and try again....   

As steven said - that car is going to be there for decade now... 

• Agree 1