TAT Proposes Extended Visa-Free Stays to Boost Tourism

snoop1130

12 hours ago, keith101 said:

The TAT has no freakin idea do they that's of any real value just stupid idea after another

With the budget they have and freedom to travel the world on dubious trips TAT they have no connection to reality.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

IT will have no impact on tourism.. Most people in Europe and America have a 3/4 week holiday normally. Besides, the airpollution, political unrest, expensive THB, forbidden vaping  and double pricing and alcohol buy and sales limitations are of much more impact for the tourists.. Nowadays, tourist are a target for robberies too. In Europe there is a campaign going on to travel less dfor the climate, which makes flying more expensive and people have to pay more for their daily things, which has the impact that they don't go on expensive holidays.. Tourists will always come to zThailand, but a 90 day free visa will not have an impact

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, ukrules said:

Anything that makes things much easier for 'snowbirds' who come in the winter will make a big difference.

They should allow a 90 day entry stampt and a 90 day extension of stay but I'll bet the extension remains at 30 days.

That will be better than what they have now but it's not suitable for people who want to come for 5 months every year and there are a lot of people who would stay for 5 months but only stay for 3 as they don't want to do a visa run to a foreign country, and I don't blame them. So their maximum stay is determined by a tourist visa 60 day entry and a 30 day extension right now.

If I were on a tourist visa, I don't think I'd want to stay much more than 4 months or so anyway. The weather is only enjoyable from maybe somewhere around November-February (depending on the year and the smoke....). Tolerable at other times, but if touring, why go somewhere to tolerate it rather than enjoy it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, ikke1959 said:

IT will have no impact on tourism.. Most people in Europe and America have a 3/4 week holiday normally. Besides, the airpollution, political unrest, expensive THB, forbidden vaping  and double pricing and alcohol buy and sales limitations are of much more impact for the tourists.. Nowadays, tourist are a target for robberies too. In Europe there is a campaign going on to travel less dfor the climate, which makes flying more expensive and people have to pay more for their daily things, which has the impact that they don't go on expensive holidays.. Tourists will always come to zThailand, but a 90 day free visa will not have an impact

Air pollution, political unrest, strange selectively enforced laws, double pricing, alcohol limitations, and being targets of opportunity for theft and robbery have all been problems for DECADES in Thailand. No change with any of that at all.
It may or may not have much of an impact on tourism, but not for any of those reasons, at least not any more than in the past. I can imagine that it may have some sort of an impact on lower budget, younger people's extended travels, but I doubt on much more than that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Oh so now TAT can change visa rules. Does that mean the Ruskys can just do a boarder run? 3 more months.

This is not about the Russians, they already have 90 days stays Visa Exempt.  It is a reciprocal agreement as Thais get visa free access to Russia, 

• Thumbs Up 1

It's quite clear they have invested billions in waving Chinese and Indian visa fees, so they are going to pack in as many tourists as they can - regardless if they are quality or not. 

If you live in Thailand it means misery. 

This is what they want EVERYDAY 

_113607315_gettyimages-1222843186.jpg

They want Sukhuvit like this EVERYDAY 

large-crowd-of-spectators-having-fun-at-stadium-selective-focus-defocus-2CAC0J5.jpg

Edited by DonniePeverley
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

This is not about the Russians, they already have 90 days stays Visa Exempt.  It is a reciprocal agreement as Thais get visa free access to Russia, 

Then why don't they give Ukrainian's the same, they also give Thais 90 days, anyway I was asking can Russians do a boarder bounce.

20 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

Then why don't they give Ukrainian's the same, they also give Thais 90 days, anyway I was asking can Russians do a boarder bounce.

Russians were selected after the PM met with them.... and also the fact that reciprocal agreements are made selectively,( politically) too. It appears to have been a good decision, supported by the number of Russian tourists.... 

I don't know of any reason why Russians could not to a border bounce.... providing the neighbouring country allows them in.

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

It will never happen, think of all the money lost to immigration outrageous that they even keep the application money when refusing a visa. And as for the fiddling b*st*rds at immigration offices well that's another story