Officer advised me not to withdraw money during this period

1 hour ago, wilkis333 said:

Has applied for one year extension of stay. Nonthaburi Officer has advised me not to withdraw money during this period. She said maybe I need to update my bankbook on the day   result comes out. 

Is it based on marriage? 

If so you get an "Under consideration " stamp while the application is being processed . it some times could take as long as a month, but you are fine because you have the "under consideration" stamp. 

It is a good idea not to withdraw the money until you have the final extension stamp, because if your application is send back because of an error, and you need to re-apply. you could be screwed if you took the money out. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

I presume that you applied for a 1-year extension of stay for reason of marriage, since you mention an 'under consideration'  period.  Some Imm Offices also check when you return at the end of that under consideration period to have the actual extension stamped in your passport, that you still meet the 400K financial criterium and that you did not slip under that amount, and require you to bring your updated bank passbook.  Obviously you are allowed to make withdrawals and transfers from your bank-account during the under consideration period as long as you did not slip under that 400K tresshold.

9 minutes ago, Red Phoenix said:

Obviously you are allowed to make withdrawals and transfers from your bank-account during the under consideration period as long as you did not slip under that 400K tresshold.

That's what I would have thought, imagine there being say 2 million Baht sitting in the account and you need to go shopping, what are you supposed to do?

Edited by ukrules
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ukrules said:

That's what I would have thought, imagine there being say 2 million Baht sitting in the account and you need to go shopping, what are you supposed to do?

Buy a new thinking cap.

• Haha 2

I've also got the under consideration stamp on my marriage visa and am going back to see them on 26th February. Also in Nonthaburi. 

Does someone know if I am to take my wife, a neighbor and a load of documents with me again or I just go alone and take my passport with me?

1 hour ago, WebGuy said:

Does someone know if I am to take my wife, a neighbor and a load of documents with me again or I just go alone and take my passport with me?

Wife not required. 

Take your bankbook however won't be looked at. 

I go to the same office, have never had them recheck the bankbook, but I have always (since year 2) had considerably more than the 400,000 in there and have never gone below that amount in the 7 years I have been here. I am guessing you are very close to the 400,000 baht requirement, or maybe fallen below it during the year, which is why they gave you that warning, just don't go below the 400,000 before you get your extension stamp. The closer you are to the 400,000 the more likely that they might ask to check it again, so if you want to keep them off your back, increase what's in the account before doing your extensions. I am constantly using my account to purchase things locally and online, even while waiting for extension approval, so using the account is no issue.

59 minutes ago, WebGuy said:

I have all my paperwork in a large folder/tote when I go, and my wife usually comes with me when I return, but never needed either when returning. I bet the one time she doesn't come, I will regret it, but for the last 7 years haven't needed her when returning. But like DrJack54 said, definitely bring your bankbook just in case they want you to go update it.  

23 hours ago, wilkis333 said:

Has applied for one year extension of stay. Nonthaburi Officer has advised me not to withdraw money during this period. She said maybe I need to update my bankbook on the day   result comes out. 

Other immigration offices seems to say the same – I recently have a friends mentioning the same situation – a bit frustrating if the money is in an account used for other purposes.

The best thing is to keep any deposit for extension of stay in a separate bank account. If the deposit is for extension based on retirement the 800k baht needs to be in the account two month before application for extension of stay, and three months after extension of stay is granted. Outside this period the deposit can be lowered to not under 400k baht.