TM30 - January 2024 Version - Address Not Found???

Hello - I'm really hoping someone has had the same issue and resolved it. I have just returned to Thailand yesterday and need to do a TM30 online - I have logged in - the address is shown as approved (from the previous version) - but EVERY time I try and "Add" my stay, the address disappears and I get the link message that I need to update the profile (fill in all the mandatory fields) - done that but still the same issue - keep going round in circles when I press add - go to profile - make sure all mandatory fields are entered (address is showing as "Approved" - go back to the TM30 search page - shows the address - press Add - address disappears with the error message again.

If I can't figure this out what should Ido - Do i need to go to my local (Nong Khai) immigration office? They will be closed until Monday so my notification will be late unless I can fix this in the next 5 hours?

Help much appreciated

I

I think its because of an update they did when you was out.

I got the same issue and its was because i needed to complete some new fields in the house owner information (i not remember what its was, but that was stupid as add Mr or Miss in front of the name)
Check also the approved adress, but from my deficient memory its was field of the owner who was creating my trouble.

Edit : ho well got beat at it. Finaly my memory wasnt so bad 🙂

Edited by French mate
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, TimF said:

I have just returned to Thailand yesterday and need to do a TM30 online -

How did you enter Thailand?

Reentry permit from extension? 

If so you are not required to make a TM30 

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello DrJack. Yes it was re entry permit on a 12 month retirement extension. Nong Khai immigration said I should redo the TM30 on my return?? They said anything more than a couple of days away I should redo "just to make sure"

• Haha 1

Thank you all for the replies and help. As some have mentioned, I appreciate I didn't need to do the TM30 however where I live it is still a "requirement" so I'm told???

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Liquorice said:

If you returned to the same previously registered address, there is now no requirement to file a further TM30.

When was this introduced, at Jomtien a TM30 required for 90 day reporting.

16 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

How did you enter Thailand?

Reentry permit from extension? 

If so you are not required to make a TM30 

We need actual reports. Many people have been saying that lately they have had to do it. The details have been lacking. I would like to hear from people who have returned in the last 4 months with a reentry permit and what their experience was, along with the IO they used. 

As always, immigration offices just do what they want.

So expect a different requirement form different offices.

Nongkhai is special,  on many issues.

Edited by quake

5 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

When was this introduced, at Jomtien a TM30 required for 90 day reporting.

They have your TM30 on file.

It was Immigration that repealed section 38 and issued the new regulation on 5th June 2020.
TM30 reporting regulation (Eng).pdf

TM30 reportingregulation(Thai).pdf

Note 2.2

2.2 After a householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager already made a notification according to 2.1, then the alien goes to occasionally stay somewhere else and return to stay at the original place within the notified period of stay that has not yet ended, such householder, owner or possessor of dwelling place or hotel manager is not required to make a notification again.

The alien mentioned in paragraph 1 shall include any alien receiving a multiply entry visa who departs the Kingdom and returns within the validity of visa and any alien permitted to re-enter into the Kingdom with a valid re-entry permit.

23 hours ago, Liquorice said:

If you returned to the same previously registered address, there is now no requirement to file a further TM30.

Apparently not in my case as i wanted to make sure so landlady did it all register again online and it was still a pain in the butt even though i had a paper she had printed that was immigration stationary all in thai saying where i stay etc and still got hassled.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/3/2024 at 1:27 PM, AAArdvark said:

We need actual reports. Many people have been saying that lately they have had to do it. The details have been lacking. I would like to hear from people who have returned in the last 4 months with a reentry permit and what their experience was, along with the IO they used. 

I returned from abroad in Dec 2023, I did TM30 update the next day. Chiang Mai, retirement extension, re-entry permit, same address (I am the owner). TM30 was required and checked by the officer when I did my yearly extension in Jan 2024. This for the record.

And now, cue the broken record of "rogue office" and so on, I don't care because it's their decision ultimately and frankly it takes less time to do it in person than discussing about it.

About the OP last statement, if they are closed of course you are entitled to do it on the next working day (if in person)

1 hour ago, arithai12 said:

I returned from abroad in Dec 2023, I did TM30 update the next day. Chiang Mai, retirement extension, re-entry permit, same address (I am the owner). TM30 was required and checked by the officer when I did my yearly extension in Jan 2024. This for the record. 

Having a TM30 and renewing a TM30 are two completely different things... If you have a TM30 there is no need to renew it after traveling... I went to Vietnam for December... returned on re-entry permit in January... had a TM30 on record... did my yearly extension using the TM30 that I already had... yes... in Chiang Mai.

On 2/3/2024 at 11:26 AM, Liquorice said:

They have your TM30 on file.

Apparently they moved to a new database last year so nobody was "on file" any longer until the new database got populated.  This meant TM30s in the eyes of some offices.

• 2 months later...
On 2/2/2024 at 7:28 PM, TimF said:

I have figured it out - so for those who have the same problem...

When you go to the Profile page you may see a blank mandatory field for "Gender" - select the correct option. but then....

Look at the address (bottom right hand corner) - which probably says approved - and select Edit - this will take you to another page where (in my case) then Gender was missing again - select the correct option and SAVE

After I'd found this "hidden" page it worked fine

Thanks so much for this! Finally solved it.