British Tourist Dies After Fall from Pattaya Hotel

webfact

image.jpeg

Pattaya police are investigating the death of a 69-year-old British man who fell from a fourth-floor hotel window on Sunday morning.

According to Pol. Lt. Anirut Jaro, the investigating officer at Pattaya Police Station, the incident occurred at around 2:00 AM on February 4th at a hotel located on Soi Buakhao in Central Pattaya.

The victim, a 69-year-old British national whose name was withheld pending family notification, was found on the hotel ground with severe injuries after falling from the fourth floor of the hotel. Despite immediate medical attention from rescue personnel, he succumbed to his wounds upon arrival at a local hospital.

By Aim Tanakorn

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-02-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 10

2 Foreign Men Plunge To Death From Separate Pattaya Hotels In One Night
by TNR Staff 

image.jpeg

TWO FOREIGN MEN, one from the UK and the other Sweden, died upon falling from separate Pattaya hotels last night, Naewna newspaper said today (Feb. 4).

At 2.06 a.m. Pol. Lt. Anirut Je-hero, an inspector at Pattaya City police station, was alerted of a foreigner falling from a hotel in Soi Buakhao, Pattaya Klang, Nong Prue subdistrict, Bang Lamung district, Chonburi, and quickly went there together with Sawang Boriboon Dhamma Sathan rescuers.

At the scene, he found Mr. Martin Upton, 69, a Briton, lying on the ground floor moaning in pain after falling from room number 408 on the fourth floor. He was quickly taken to the hospital but later died.

Ms. Waew, who witnessed the incident, said she was lying in her room but then heard someone fall and quickly took her torch to go and have a look and upon seeing him badly injured called the police.

Full story: THAI NEWSROOM 2024-02-05

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

RELATED TOPIC:

Swedish Swim Coach Fatally Falls from Pattaya Hotel

https://aseannow.com/topic/1318959-swedish-swim-coach-fatally-falls-from-pattaya-hotel/

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Iron Tongue said:

Is it more a case of depression and a wish to "check out" from the world?

Realistically, it isn't easy to accidentally fall off a balcony unless one wanted to, or was pushed.

No.

I think it might be more an issue with IMPULSE CONTROL....or lack of it.

I am sure we have all experienced it.

Never jump into something before one considers the IMPACT of one's decisions.

Good advice.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

7 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Good point. My local temple was at the super-loud bass-heavy music yesterday from morning until 9 pm. Place of peace and tranquillity my backside. Only just got over the week or more of noise coming from one of the colleges in Ban Ampher, which is about a kilometre away but was rattling my house walls and windows. 

Thumping your house from just one mile away is really nothing.

And, a week of thumping music from your local university is enough to drive one to drink, or worse...

Some might go to any lengths just to stop the thumping....who knows?

• Confused 1

47 minutes ago, jesimps said:

Good point. My local temple was at the super-loud bass-heavy music yesterday from morning until 9 pm. Place of peace and tranquillity my backside. Only just got over the week or more of noise coming from one of the colleges in Ban Ampher, which is about a kilometre away but was rattling my house walls and windows. 

I've said it before and will say it again. I prefer Bangkok on a quiet Soi and top floor. Nine years of peace so far. 

6 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

It's Flying Falang season again in Pattaya. What's new ? it happens every year 

Yours is an interesting observation:

I just mean, has anyone plotted, on a graph, the incidence of flyers, by season?

Are there peaks and valleys in such a graph, for example?

Such information might be useful.

5 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

If they had been cats, even house cats, they would have easily survived their falls.

The human body just cannot tolerate a fall from more than 10 feet in the air, in most cases.

This is why I have now chosen to live in a house of only one floor.

Although, in my case, I would like to dig a cellar, as both a root cellar, and also as a bunker to protect my ears against the extreme-bass-thumping of the local music.

Sometimes, I wonder if it might be this very loud bass thumping music which drives some foreigners to inadvertently fall from high floors, when they become distracted and overwhelmed by the sound of it.

F=ma

What would happen if you fell 10 feet from the ground floor into the root cellar? Why don't you move to get away from the thumping bass? Askin' for a friend.

• Haha 1

There are too many farang people 'falling' from high floors on blocks of flats, in my opinion. It would be really in treating to get extra information such as what % were blind drunk; what % were on drugs and what drugs were they taking. Strictly as precaution to other folk who are in danger of falling from great heights. When my Alzheimer's really kicks in I think I'll rent a high floor apartment in a Pattaya condo for a day.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, retarius said:

What would happen if you fell 10 feet from the ground floor into the root cellar? Why don't you move to get away from the thumping bass? Askin' for a friend.

No worries. 

The bags of onions down there would break my fall. 

2 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Realistically, it isn't easy to accidentally fall off a balcony unless one wanted to, or was pushed.

Wrong!

My balcony gets extremely slippery when I wash down the tiles. So much, that I very carefully scoot around without lifting my feet much and stay near the wall.

31 minutes ago, Cory1848 said:

No disrespect to the deceased, but sometimes we all need a little nonsense.

We don't need it, you do. Go look in a mirror.

Edited by JimTripper

3 hours ago, Iron Tongue said:

Is it more a case of depression and a wish to "check out" from the world?

Or was drunk.

• Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Toby1947 said:

It's Flying Falang season again in Pattaya. What's new ? it happens every year 

The extension is running out, the money is running out, and flying back to UK is depressing!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1