Why are we suddenly allowed to publicly criticize Jews?

3 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Except ...the Greens/Left wing/Antifa  DON'T criticism the Muslim religion !

Be careful, don't bring the USA (antifa) into the discussion.  I'm told nobody cares :coffee1:

Yes, selective criticism from selected bigots.  Nothing like labels when criticizing a group, and simply points out ones bigotry.  

Agree, govts fair game, but citizens, usually have no control, and protest against govt policies, but that doesn't make the MSM news as much.  More than a few Jews unhappy with israeli politics.

• Agree 2

12 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

No so long ago it was absolutely out of the questing to speak against Jews. I remember very well on Reddit there was "Free Hong Kong" movement that went for months. Then somebody started "Free Palestine" movement which got a huge traction. Withing 12 hours everything was delete, everybody banned and there was no more "Free Palestine" movement. That was maybe 2 years ago.

But since January 2024 we are suddenly allowed to criticize Jews. And even encouraged. There are news how they are bombing children. News about anti Jews protest. News about this and that. Just right now if you look in new threads on this website there are 3 active anti Jew threads. Not so long ago you were not allowed to criticize them privately and suddenly mass media itself are pushing against them? 

What caused such a dramatic shift? 🤨 

1 word buddy.....GAZA .....  watch the BBC news occasionally.

Not so much the Jews are at fault with this ongoing Genocide of innocent women, children and men, it's the Zionists led by the Butcher of Jerusalem Netanyahu

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

It might be because the Israeli government has murdered over 27,000 while claiming they are trying to avoid civilian deaths. Because some people find that offensive and a massive over-reaction to an attack on them. Just a guess.

Please, please - google “Sam Harris 5 myths about Israel and war in Gaza”. Option to listen to podcast or read transcript. 

One key quote - “The crucial distinction, which almost no one can keep in view, is that there are now 2 types of people in the world: those who intentionally torture and kill children and other noncombatants, to maximize horror, and those who avoid doing so, however imperfectly, while defending themselves against the first sort of people”.

There are no good options when fighting an insane death cult. War is horrible, but sadly often the only way, and Hamas must be totally defeated in the way the Axis powers were in WW2.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, steevjee said:

1 word buddy.....GAZA .....  watch the BBC news occasionally.

Not so much the Jews are at fault with this ongoing Genocide of innocent women, children and men, it's the Zionists led by the Butcher of Jerusalem Netanyahu

That's right. And that is Israel's politics since 1946.

But now we have an extremist leader fighting not for Israel but his own personal survival.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

How is having a Swastika on your front door in the USA connected to criticising Jews ?

Why is it that when Jews are mentioned, the subject often gets turned to the Holocaust ?

Why do Americans' keep going on about the USA all the time ?

...and why the embassy moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem? And why Blinken is Foreign Minister? And why USA subsidised Israel for decades?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

An interesting question - but is it really an "accurate" question?

I have some Jewish friends in northern America who have been criticizing the current Israeli leadership for many years.  Since the onset of the Israeli genocide/ethnocide in Gaza most of these friends have condemned Israel's actions.

The same situation exists in Israel - many many Jews (if not the majority) do not support their current government's actions, and there have been many public protests against the invasion of Gaza, especially by Orthodox Jews; these protests have been brutally put down by Israeli police and military, by order of Netanyahu.

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, ezzra said:

... no other nation on earth have been through

what the Jews have suffered, and it's still going on today ...

As told by Jews themselves  :coffee1:   I think more than a few other religious folks, races or labels may disagree with that notion.

Just in case you forgot, there will be anther 10 movies made this year to remind you :coffee1:

10 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sometimes it's difficult to keep things apart.

I guess the Israeli government is responsible for fighting the war in Gaza the way they do it. And especially Netanyahu. He is Jewish and I am sure most of the Israel's government are Jews and most of their citizens are Jews. Does this mean all Jews are responsible? No. Does that mean that a lot of Jews in Israel are responsible. Yes.

And then there is the billion-dollar weapon support from the USA? Who makes sure the USA is doing that? Jews?

It seems there are also some Jews who are against this war. So, we definitely can't say all Jews want to kill Palestinians.

I think we should try to separate clearly who is doing what and not mix different groups of people all toghter.

That is also the case with the people in Gaza and Hamas. Are some of them Hamas? Yes. Are all of them Hamas? No.

Who are Israeli soldiers killing? Only Hamas terrorists? Or do they kill also lots of other Palestinian people?

In a long debate we can look at all the details. In short it is not wrong to say that (many, not all) Jews kill (many, not all) Palestinians.

In short, you are making the case for legitimizing antisemitic views. That's what your last line and 'conclusion' are about.

And no, it is not that difficult to keep things apart. It's hard to do only if one comes with some 'welded in' bias, bigotry and so on - which a whole lot of people do. This is usually kept under wraps, comes out when discussions get a bit heated. But it's there - vs. Jews, Asians, Muslims, Blacks....whatever.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

As told by Jews themselves  :coffee1:   I think more than a few other religious folks, races or labels may disagree with that notion.

Just in case you forgot, there will be anther 10 movies made this year to remind you :coffee1:

Hardly any nation, group of people or religion have survived since biblical times the way Jews did, I'm looking forward

to be corrected with facts...

10 hours ago, delgarcon said:

I think that you have highlighted one of the reasons why people dislike Jews. If you can answer your own question you are probably Jewish and you will go on reminding us of the atrocities committed against your people until the end of time. Most of us had family members or friends who suffered during the World wars, but after a period of mourning we move on, but you can't. Of course we don't know the names of the wars in question. we don't want to, isn't it enough to be forever reminded of the holocaust?

My heart goes out to you. Seems like them pesky Jews are forever tormenting you.

As for the comment you replied to - try that 'context' thing. Topic was in relation, I think, to the current situation. A whole lot of people comment on things, or protest or whatever - and do so decisively. The level of their actual knowledge regarding things is often minimal or non-existent. Doesn't stop them from pronouncing their 'opinion' as gospel. I think there's at least some relation with that, to the issue of bigotry.

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Except ...the Greens/Left wing/Antifa  DON'T criticism the Muslim religion !

Absolute crap. If you are talking about Hamas, there is not a single person on this board who has not condemned Hamas, of those who have posted on any relevant thread. And that's just the political organization.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, JimHuaHin said:

The same situation exists in Israel - many many Jews (if not the majority) do not support their current government's actions, and there have been many public protests against the invasion of Gaza, especially by Orthodox Jews; these protests have been brutally put down by Israeli police and military, by order of Netanyahu.

I don't believe that to be true .

There have been no news reports of that .

Orthodox Jews have protested (Them being anti Zionist) , as have hostages families , but the protests haven't been brutally suppressed by the Israeli authorities 

Israel does allow protests 

• Like 1

I find it strange that Israeli governments always say, "we must never forget the holocaust". Talk about asking for original sin. At the same time, they demand that we overlook the horrors they themselves do to Arabs. Talk about cynical egoists.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, JimHuaHin said:

An interesting question - but is it really an "accurate" question?

I have some Jewish friends in northern America who have been criticizing the current Israeli leadership for many years.  Since the onset of the Israeli genocide/ethnocide in Gaza most of these friends have condemned Israel's actions.

I agree that anyone and everyone is not above criticism, but when a march and a protests against the war in Gaza

includes neo nazis there, and others waving banners with the words Jews and similar, mixing the two subjects,

that fair criticism become an anti semite event... 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, ezzra said:

Hardly any nation, group of people or religion have survived since biblical times the way Jews did, I'm looking forward

to be corrected with facts...

Try every one of them. You're not special, petal.

Edited by ozimoron
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

But since January 2024 we are suddenly allowed to criticize Jews.

I don't agree. We are allowed to criticize a nation that has killed thousands of children is all. I think criticizing a Jew per se would bring a different response. Not all Jews agree with what israelis are doing, some are even protesting about it.

• Agree 2

35 minutes ago, newbee2022 said:

...and why the embassy moved from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem? And why Blinken is Foreign Minister? And why USA subsidised Israel for decades?

Because Jerusalem is Israel's Capital city and Embassies are usually in Capital cities and the USA supports democracies and also USA aid to Israel supports the USA economy because ALL that aid goes straight back to the USA

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Parsve said:

I find it strange that Israeli governments always say, "we must never forget the holocaust". Talk about asking for original sin. At the same time, they demand that we overlook the horrors they themselves do to Arabs. Talk about cynical egoists.

Do give it  a rest about the Holocaust , anti Semites never stop going on about it 

• Confused 1