Why are we suddenly allowed to publicly criticize Jews?

1 minute ago, mzanzi said:

The majority of anti comments refer to Zionism rather than  Semitism or Jews . There is a big difference , Zionism is a political movement which conveniently hides behind Judaism , Jews have been known around the world to fight injustices , South Africa is an example , many Jews in the anti Apartheid movement .

Zionism is to Judaism what Hamas is to Palestinians , it is a cancer that needs to be removed.

Zionists are happy and content to share the land with non Jews , Hamas wants all the land for itself

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Depends on the message.

This one was lost on you.

I doubt there are many instances in which A Hitler T-shirt would not be frowned upon by Jews. And many non-Jews, as well. Regardless of the 'message'. Read the post replied to. Context, it's a thing.

5 minutes ago, Morch said:

He said, on various instances, that the war will continue until Hamas is defeated, removed. destroyed, no longer a threat and so on.

There was nothing said about continuing the war beyond that.

I am sure if there are still 100 Palestinians somewhere he will insist some Hamas sympathizers will be there. And probably he will be right. But is that a reason to kill them all? 

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2

10 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

The cartoon depicts the historical facts of the reason for the conflict. Or perhaps you're also okay with occupation of a country as well as being okay with 27.000+ deaths.

It does not depict historical facts, but the talking points of one-side's narrative. It's an over-simplified 'account' (if it can be called that) of actual events. It rests upon dodgy foundation from the first picture. And, of course, the choice of animation is intentional.

I have stated quite often that I object to most of what Israel does in the West Bank, less so with regard to the Gaza Strip. The occupation, and more so, them illegal settlements are wrong.

Citing 27,000 deaths is broadcasting a Hamas talking point - lumping civilians and Hamas men together without differentiation. Other than in Hamas propaganda, not all were civilians (many were, of course, not denying that).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mzanzi said:

The majority of anti comments refer to Zionism rather than  Semitism or Jews . There is a big difference , Zionism is a political movement which conveniently hides behind Judaism , Jews have been known around the world to fight injustices , South Africa is an example , many Jews in the anti Apartheid movement .

Zionism is to Judaism what Hamas is to Palestinians , it is a cancer that needs to be removed.

Zionism evolved as a POLITICAL liberation  movement with the goal of self determination in a  national homeland for Jewish PEOPLE religious and non religious. Why?

Because of thousands of years of persecution in the diaspora. 

The diaspora from the indigenous homeland of the Jewish people. Israel.

Not the same as Hamas which is an extremist Islamist movement.

In my view saying Zionism is a cancer is hate speech.

It's like being against the right of Thaus to have political self determination in their state.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, mzanzi said:

That would be you showcasing ignorant opinions, rather than having a clue.

Zionism includes many schools of thought, not all of them are of the right-wing/religious/zealot kind. You'll find Zionists who are pro-peace, others which are somewhere in the middle and so on. It is nothing like Hamas, which holds a clearly defined extreme agenda.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

My point was supposed to be that I am obviously not against all Jews and/or against all Israelis.

I don't plan to discuss politics with him. But if he would want to do that I would like to listen to his point of view. 

Most of your posts on related topics exhibit a clear bias. You usually save the fiery rhetoric and over the top comments for one of the sides, not both.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is there still anywhere in Gaza where they can go and not be afraid to be bombed?

Or maybe they are supposed to return to the rubble which were their houses before Israel destroyed them. 

Please, go back home. Yeah, sure... 

346836Q-highres-1-1701333924.jpg?resize=

That would be you either being ignorant or dishonest.

There are areas, towns, cities in the Gaza Strip which did not face major attacks so far. Rafah, for one.

It's not like there are perfect textbook solutions on how to deal with things. Sometimes there are no great answers.

6 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Zionism evolved as a POLITICAL liberation  movement with the goal of self determination in a  national homeland for Jewish PEOPLE religious and non religious. Why?

Because of thousands of years of persecution in the diaspora. 

The diaspora from the indigenous homeland of the Jewish people. Israel.

Not the same as Hamas which is an extremist Islamist movement.

In my view saying Zionism is a cancer is hate speech.

It's like being against the right of Thaus to have political self determination in their state.

What utter nonsense.

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Zionists are happy and content to share the land with non Jews , Hamas wants all the land for itself

Some are, some are not.

That's just another incorrect blanket statement.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Do you really have to ask?

You implied as much. You said this was the intent. You fail to back it up by anything, though.

Edited by Morch

If people are against right wing Israeli government policies they should just say that.

To say they are anti Zionist means they are against the right of Israel to exist with any government  

That's fine if you believe that but the way people use anti Zionist almost always doesn't clarify that vital difference. 

For example I hate Netanyahu, I've been against the west bank settlement expansions yet as I support the right of Israel to exist and defend itself I am pro Zionist and there should be no shame in being pro Zionist.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I am sure if there are still 100 Palestinians somewhere he will insist some Hamas sympathizers will be there. And probably he will be right. But is that a reason to kill them all? 

What you are 'sure' of is of no consequence, and is factually wrong.

For example, there are Hamas cells, operatives all over the West Bank as well - don't see the same kind of war waged. And more obviously, there was no such war on 6/10, despite Hamas being firmly in place on the Gaza Strip.

Your 'kill them all' over the top rhetoric is just more of the same.

You make strong comments, you can't back them up, so you revert to this kind of inflammatory words.

Nothing new about that. It's  how you roll.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sure, they are not being targeted. They just somehow die. That must be a coincidence somehow. 

The inescapable fact is the Jews are murdering innocent Palestinians knowingly. This is immoral and should be abhorrent to everyone on the planet, but apparently there are some bigots on here, who like the Jews committing these murders, who think Palestinians are subhuman, and need to be exterminated.

Edited by retarius
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Sure, they are not being targeted. They just somehow die. That must be a coincidence somehow. 

That's just you being disingenuous, again.

People die in wars. All the time. All over the world.

It's not the same as intentionally targeting civilians.

There was nothing said about 'coincidence' other than by you.

Again deflecting when you fail to support your comments.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, retarius said:

I have Morch and b=nick cater on ignore so I only have about half as many comments on my feed as most people....but the comments are much better quality that their Neo-zionist rubbish.

@retarius

Said the antisemite poster.....

You lot seem to be obsessed with the' ignore' thing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, mzanzi said:

All nationalist movements are toxic to world peace.

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, retarius said:

The inescapable fact is the Jews are murdering innocent Palestinians knowingly. This is immoral and should be abhorrent to everyone on the planet, but apparently there are some bigots on here who think Palesinians are subhuman like the Jews do and need to be exterminated.

When you are in an echo chamber and only talk to people who agree with you, you then become more and more extreme as well as being detached from reality .

I am quite sure that there's no one here on these forums who think that Palestinians should be eradicated and the preference would be for no civilian casualties at all 

7 minutes ago, retarius said:

The inescapable fact is the Jews are murdering innocent Palestinians knowingly. This is immoral and should be abhorrent to everyone on the planet, but apparently there are some bigots on here, who like the Jews committing these murders, who think Palestinians are subhuman, and need to be exterminated.

@retarius

You insist on using 'Jews', then claim you're not antisemitic. Well now.

As for 'murder' that would imply intent. You cannot demonstrate that. You do not bother to.

Regarding 'sub human' that's the kind of rhetoric people holding opinions such as yours would use, I don't think it was much in evidence on the posts your rile against. Projecting much?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

When you are in an echo chamber and only talk to people who agree with you, you then become more and more extreme as well as being detached from reality .

I am quite sure that there's no one here on these forums who think that Palestinians should be eradicated and the preference would be for no civilian casualties at all 

I agree with the former, but not the latter.

There were such views aired here - but not really by most of the regular participants. What @retarius is trying to do is tar everyone not seeing things his way as extremist. Given his own extreme views, this covers a whole lot of ground....

6 minutes ago, Morch said:

@ozimoron

Don't see you objecting much to Palestinian nationalistic sentiments on these topics.

In reality unless someone is a radical believer in a world with no borders nationalism is a double edged sword. It often is toxic but it also is often a positive force for the advancement of people in all the various nations. Nationalism wont end regardless. It's naively utopian to think it could.

I think it makes sense to acknowledge nationalism as a manifestation of human nature and try to promote the positive aspects of that and oppose the toxic parts.

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, hotandsticky said:

Same answer.

It is all about the message, not the image.

There could be something subliminal  going on there .

A person with an agenda against Jews , has the same viewpoint as far right neo Nazis , wears a t=shirty with a photo of Adolf Hitler on it, because he doesn't like Adolf Hitler .

Could be something Freudian going on there 

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, retarius said:

I have Morch and b=nick cater on ignore so I only have about half as many comments on my feed as most people....but the comments are much better quality that their Neo-zionist rubbish.

Are you an attention seeker, do you think anybody is interested in your off topic nonsense who you have on ignore!

• Like 2