Thaksin’s future still in the balance

snoop1130

13 hours ago, Red Forever said:

This should be good. I wonder how many of those hand wringing critics of the lese majeste law will be baying for Mr T to be punished to the full extent. 

Most of them I should think.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Dont confuse me said:

I bet his bank balance has taken a hammering. 

It's all smoke and mirrors money #1 

His net worth, that is what is known, is estimated at 70.000.000.000 baht. I have such a feeling that he not gonna worry if it declined by a few billion baht.

image.png.195c5a05df00f727ddc8a0789a34048b.png

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Artisi said:

It's not a coup when given the nod and acceptance from the top. 

We know what you mean.  But it is difficult to think the skills to manage what has been happening come from the absolute top.

Who are the people behind it?

If a democratic country has election results disallowed that is a coup, but judicial rather than army this time.

• Agree 1

Anyone notice the irony in this? After MFP were isolated despite getting by far the most votes in the election Thaksin's renamed old party get leadership of the government enableing his return from Dubai. Then, just when he is nice and comfy in a hospital suite he is charged with the very offence that MFP have been villified for wanting to reform.

You couldn't make it up - Amazing!

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, neeray said:

Thailand has Thaksin and USA has Trump. Birds of a feather working the system. Both belong behind bars.

I agree about Taksin but Biden should be in a care home. Trump will stop the woke and stand up for America. If he makes money while he is doing it is will be no different to any other POTUS. The UK needs a leader, not another "Human Rights" lawyer and a bunch of half wits.

Edited by George FmplesdaCosteedback
missing info.
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

I agree about Taksin but Biden should be in a care home. Trump will stop the woke and stand up for America. If he makes money while he is doing it is will be no different to any other POTUS. The UK needs a leader, not another "Human Rights" lawyer and a bunch of half wits.

Biden is doing a fine job. The economy is booming, the stock market is breaking records. He's still cleaning up tRump's mess but all is on track. Now for tRump, the one found guilty as a sexual abuser, defamation loser, grifter, con man, in it for "ME, MYSELF and I" along with seeking a second term just to keep his axx out of jail and to nullify multiple indictments and avoid 91 charges, he's not doing so fine. This is the year that we will start to see the beginning of the end of tRump, sentenced to 20 years in 24.

As for your mention of the U K, that seems to come out of the blue. I can't comment on U K politics.

• Agree 2

21 hours ago, fondue zoo said:

They have to grubby him up a bit before releasing him, all part of the show.

You can't just let him skip out the hospital, into his Benz and on his way home all shiny and new. A display of fake accountability is where it's at.

Remember he's smarter, craftier and more hair dyed than all us. 

We might get a bit of a dog and pony show of him being stretchered out with a drip bottle suspended above, or at least in a wheelchair. 

6 hours ago, BenStark said:

His net worth, that is what is known, is estimated at 70.000.000.000 baht. I have such a feeling that he not gonna worry if it declined by a few billion baht.

The career path here is obvious.   Policeman > Stuff > Billionaire

• Agree 1

19 hours ago, mfd101 said:

Constitutional monarchies don't have Presidents. They have Prime Ministers as Head of Government.

Presidents are Heads of State, like Kings. Or, in the confused US of A, they combine the roles of Head of State and Head of Government. Either way there is no room for both a President and a King.

It does get complicated. While not an official Constitutional Monarchy … Russia comes to mind. I guess I could take the time to look at some other countries that I am less familiar with, Bután, Nepal?

12 hours ago, BenStark said:

I didn't say it would worry him, what I said was I bet it took a hammering! Anyway thanks for your input, much appreciated. 

45 minutes ago, BritScot said:

Sorry but it is still a coup.

Sure, if you want to be pedantic - then maybe it was only a half a coup considering it was a caretaker government what was removed 😉

• Like 1