Looking to buy a condo in Pattaya

BenStark

36 minutes ago, jacko45k said:

I am surprised you say rents are crashing, I see more of a pick up as I was looking at hotel prices recently..

Why isn't it obvious to you, as it is to everyone else, that @SGD was talking about rents in VT6?

You are already backtracking from "he's doing well", to "he's unhappy" and others are also unhappy.

Wonder why you always want to have the last word?

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

Why isn't it obvious to you, as it is to everyone else, that @SGD was talking about rents in VT6?

You are already backtracking from "he's doing well", to "he's unhappy" and others are also unhappy.

Wonder why you always want to have the last word?

I was having a word with someone else. Bought a condo yet?

Edited by jacko45k

16 hours ago, BenStark said:

Anyone here familiar with City center residence, off third road on Soi Bongkot?

Had two friends who bought off plan...one sold before moving in, other lasted about two weeks before moving out and selling at a loss.  This was pre-covid but was inundated with bus loads of short term stayers (rumours of two double mattresses per studio!) and I understand they had a desk set up in the foyer such was the lack of control from Juristic.  Up very early and noisy eating round the pool, with inevitable debris into the water.....

A common proble with the very new developments that are bought up en masse for exactly this srt of airbnb type activity.  Owners will care not one jot for residents, upkeep, maintenance - quick buck turn around, move on....

PH

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

22 hours ago, jacko45k said:

He told me a lift was out for a while and that impacts people as it  is crowded.  He is a bit unhappy that AirBNB are involved too much there, with the shorter term rentals.....I also  know someone who just got a place there for a month and was unhappy with the first offering. 

I am surprised you say rents are crashing, I see more of a pick up as I was looking at hotel prices recently... many seem to have gone up, and some 5 star places were in stratosphere price wise. Boy it was busy in north Pattaya. 

We've been around forever Jacko and you and I are both right. Soe rents have bounced but bounced from 8/10k which sis where they bottomed out but no-one is going to pay 30/40k a month for VT6 in 2024 onward because the design is now 20 years old and the facilities have not been upgraded because no-one is prepared to invest, because from day one it was bought as a rental place, not a residential place. Nothing wrong with that but it means that for living there, it is not the best.

Then they built Central 55555555 and loads now face the aircon or car park.

It doesn't even work for the online bookings as they won't advertise the exact unit and they aggregate which is great for yield management but absolutely crap as a prospect for a visitor.

• Agree 1

You can rent a +50sqm with corner balcony here for 120.000 per year, don't have corner balcony but can easily sit eight person in mine, government rate electric, gym, pool, 24h security, underground garage. Mine is 48sqm, 100.000 furnished 

Edited by PoorSucker
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

You can rent a +50sqm with corner balcony here for 120.000 per year, don't have corner balcony but can easily sit eight person in mine, government rate electric, gym, pool, 24h security, underground garage. Mine is 48sqm, 100.000 furnished 

Exactly, and still people want to buy. For 10k/month you get a lot of value if you spend some time to pick the right location and building.  And then when you do not like the location anymore, due to noise or other things, you just move, simple as that. 

Edited by balo
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

10k feels a bit low. Did you get that price in Pkcp?

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, JimTripper said:

10k feels a bit low. Did you get that price in Pkcp?

Moved in during the corona, got 80.000 first year.

Father of my work mate manages eight condo here.

Edited by PoorSucker

A lot of condo's that are +10 years old seem to have metal frame windows and patio doors, as opposed to upvc (plastic).

They look knackered, don't slide well. Can you change them? 

Do juristic have to supply the company to keep the style the same?

1 minute ago, noobexpat said:

A lot of condo's that are +10 years old seem to have metal frame windows and patio doors, as opposed to upvc (plastic).

They look knackered, don't slide well. Can you change them? 

Do juristic have to supply the company to keep the style the same?

Every condo I have looked at so far, with the oldest about 15 years, have uPvc windows

3 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Every condo I have looked at so far, with the oldest about 15 years, have uPvc windows

I know the base doesn't (not very old) and from pics, it looks like the urban and pride on soi 15 don't. But grand avenue, centara and city garden look they do. Sound about right?

I had a look around city garden olympus yesterday. Soi kho pai 4. Biggest room was 39sqm for 23k month. Its a compromised location and its in that shoe box category ...must be selling for 3.5m if thats the rent?? The future of what is being built is a touch worrying. 

2 minutes ago, noobexpat said:

I know the base doesn't (not very old) and from pics, it looks like the urban and pride on soi 15 don't. But grand avenue, centara and city garden look they do. Sound about right?

I had a look around city garden olympus yesterday. Soi kho pai 4. Biggest room was 39sqm for 23k month. Its a compromised location and its in that shoe box category ...must be selling for 3.5m if thats the rent?? The future of what is being built is a touch worrying. 

The base was built in 1980, at least that is how it seems when you look at the interior, appliances and fixtures used. 🙂 

I haven't seen one in Pride yet, so can't comment but, if I'm not mistaken, the one i looked in Urban had upvc windows. Actually I have seen so many that I don't even recall all i have seen.

After looking around for 2 weeks now, in my opinion LK Legend still offers the best deals and is easily accessible from Sukhumvit

Centara rooms have a nice design, but feels a bit cramped with narrow corridors and pool, and limited car parking. Each building has about 20 car parkings. Building feels like you are in a hotel.

Avenue residence and Urban, those which I have seen require a lot of renovation, and yet the prices are still around 65-70K / sqm.\

55 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Did you negotiate down, what was it first listed at?

Negotiate, never listed. Only by friend recommendation.

Didn't have to pay any deposit,fully furnished 

Once per month I have some beers with my landlord and some other tenants. Being able to speak Finnish helps, he prefers to rent out to Nordic people.

Edited by PoorSucker

38 minutes ago, BenStark said:

The base was built in 1980, at least that is how it seems when you look at the interior, appliances and fixtures used. 🙂 

I haven't seen one in Pride yet, so can't comment but, if I'm not mistaken, the one i looked in Urban had upvc windows. Actually I have seen so many that I don't even recall all i have seen.

After looking around for 2 weeks now, in my opinion LK Legend still offers the best deals and is easily accessible from Sukhumvit

Centara rooms have a nice design, but feels a bit cramped with narrow corridors and pool, and limited car parking. Each building has about 20 car parkings. Building feels like you are in a hotel.

Avenue residence and Urban, those which I have seen require a lot of renovation, and yet the prices are still around 65-70K / sqm.\

Centara is a hotel too. Which means you'll get the party animals staying around you. The curse of central pattaya living!

Not familiar with lk legend but you would need transport, unlike soi 15 area.

I went around wongamat too - the riviera condo etc. Too boring around there for me.

Agree on the renovation of many around here.

41 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Negotiate, never listed. Only by friend recommendation.

Didn't have to pay any deposit,fully furnished 

Once per month I have some beers with my landlord and some other tenants. Being able to speak Finnish helps, he prefers to rent out to Nordic people.

That's nice, but not typical. Does not help the Op.

When you eventual find a condo that you approve, don't forget to invite us all here that commented to the house warming. 

I've got my house warming gift picked out already. 

Make sure your new condo has a BIG fridge to fit in all the beer you buy for our party. 👍

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

6 hours ago, balo said:

Nothing helps the OP, he wants to buy. 

And what is wrong with that, other than that YOU don't approve of it, or can't afford it?

BTW, isn't the thread title clear enough to you? So I wonder why you keep coming here, preaching your beliefs like an annoying Jehovah's witness.

image.png.73b53cba84115e26d9c36b402608e42a.png

Edited by BenStark
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/25/2024 at 11:20 PM, balo said:

For 10k/month you get a lot of value if you spend some time to pick the right location and building. 

Feel free to show us all where you get a LOT OF VALUE for 10K/ month, unless of course you consider a Thai apartment a lot of value.

And no, don't point to Poorsuckers post, as he has made clear already that what he got is something exceptional.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, noobexpat said:

Centara is a hotel too. Which means you'll get the party animals staying around you. The curse of central pattaya living!

Not familiar with lk legend but you would need transport, unlike soi 15 area.

I went around wongamat too - the riviera condo etc. Too boring around there for me.

Agree on the renovation of many around here.

Why would you "need transport" at LK?

Like most other places food is down the street and anything else you might need. There's no reason for the Op to goto the Soi Buakhao area as far as I can see unless he is a tourist or needs to goto a particular venue for some reason. Bars are all over and they are pretty much the same.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Why would you "need transport" at LK?

Like most other places food is down the street and anything else you might need. There's no reason for the Op to goto the Soi Buakhao area as far as I can see unless he is a tourist or needs to goto a particular venue for some reason. Bars are all over and they are pretty much the same.

Maybe you are less fussy about where you eat, drink, sleep or shop.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, noobexpat said:

Maybe you are less fussy about where you eat, drink, sleep or shop.

Or, more fussy. The area the Op is interested in sucks. It's full of grungy bars and low rent people getting wasted. Op, can you explain why you want to access that area so much?

Edited by JimTripper
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, BenStark said:

Sounds like an area that would suit you fine

It does not seem to suit you. You have an issue with older buildings and thought Pk was grungy, with not adequate security. So I'm curious, why you desire to hang out in Soi Buakhow enough to buy near there? That's not an upscale location and you're going to find grungy there.

Or did I misunderstand you and it's just the general location you want and not to visit that street regularly?

Edited by JimTripper

5 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

It does not seem to suit you. You have an issue with older buildings and thought Pkcp was grungy, with not adequate security. So I'm curious, why you desire to hang out in Soi Buakhow? That's not an upscale location and you're going to find grungy there.

LK Legend isn't in Soi Buakhow, and the PKCP building can't take a shine at the LK Legend building.

Do you think this can be even remotely compared to PKCP?

image.jpeg.0dc7ca0f6ecde4324b19dbdd14e52ed2.jpegimage.jpeg.7698b41f3813e9a9e91cc536a78d0d9f.jpegimage.jpeg.761613211284f0823055f5e81c5e03a2.jpeg

Edited by BenStark

3 minutes ago, BenStark said:

LK Legend isn't in Soi Buakhow, and the PKCP building can't take a shine at the LK Legend building.

Do you think this can be even remotely compared to PKCP?

image.jpeg.0dc7ca0f6ecde4324b19dbdd14e52ed2.jpegimage.jpeg.7698b41f3813e9a9e91cc536a78d0d9f.jpeg

I agree. I would take Lk over Pk. Why do you want to be near Soi Buakhow though? You may not like it if you don't like grungy? Or do you like partying like a grunge and living like Mr. Clean?

Edited by JimTripper
  • Sad 1

So happy this thread means I'm ahead of the rest and bought "The Urban" off the plan 16 years ago on Soi 15 😀

Fantastic Juristic management so still like new and no short term renters allowed. Wifi, Gym, Sauna, cable TV and 3 pools all included. Can turn left to walk to walking street or turn right to walk everywhere else that matters

And for the renters saying you must be able to move when your neighbours are so noisy, i've ever had a bad neighbour 😀 

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1