As Israel attacks Rafah, US offers only words of caution

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Just your way of saying that you've got nothing.

I got plenty, unlike you that loves to argue. The gazan police are made up of Hamas terrorists and you are digging another hole for yourself, your waffling will not extract you from this hole, be honest! 

https://ecfr.eu/special/mapping_palestinian_politics/civil_police/#:~:text=In Gaza%2C the Civil Police,of smaller factions in Gaza.

• Thanks 2

Just now, Bkk Brian said:

You saying its irrelevant does not make it irrelevant. Still waiting for that link. Do you need another reminder?

I have provided a link on what it means to be an occupying power. Israel was widely held to qualify for that position even before its invasion of Gaza. A  government that doesn't govern is obviously incompatible with the existence of an occupying power. The 2 can't coexist. It doesn't make sense.

• Confused 1

Just now, Wobblybob said:

I got plenty, unlike you that loves to argue. The gazan police are made up of Hamas terrorists and you are digging another hole for yourself, your waffling will not extract you from this hole, be honest! 

https://ecfr.eu/special/mapping_palestinian_politics/civil_police/#:~:text=In Gaza%2C the Civil Police,of smaller factions in Gaza.

Are the police terrorists? Can you document what terrorist acts they have committed? What we do know is that Israel targeted them while they were carrying out crucial police functions.

• Haha 1

Just now, placeholder said:

Are the police terrorists? Can you document what terrorist acts they have committed? What we do know is that Israel targeted them while they were carrying out crucial police functions.

Can you talk sense, obviously not, if somebody said water was wet you would argue to the contrary. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, placeholder said:

It's clear that you haven't followed the link to the information. If ignorance is bliss, I envy you your happiness.

Its clear you are inserting those imaginary assumptions yet again, if you want a sensible debate then I suggest not insinuating I am ignorant. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 minutes ago, placeholder said:

That question was put to the UN teachers once........................

• Thumbs Up 1

Some clarification on current governance of Gaza Strip while the war rages on.

Governance of the Gaza Strip

2023 Israel–Hamas war

Following the outbreak of the 2023 Israel–Hamas war and the Israeli invasion of the Gaza Strip in early November 2023, Hamas complete control of the Gaza Strip was weakened as Israeli forces kept advancing.[30] On January 6, 2024, the Israeli government stated that actual Hamas rule in the northern part of the Gaza Strip was eliminated due to Israeli military advance.[31] By 18 January, the IDF stated that Hamas had begun to rebuild its armies in the occupied parts of Northern Gaza. The IDF had previously stated these armies were stripped of military capabilities but by 18 January the fighting strength of many battalions had been significantly restored.[32] Some change occurred from late January 2024 onward, as it was reported that Hamas managed to revive some of its governing abilities in parts of Gaza city from which Israeli forces withdrew.[33]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Governance_of_the_Gaza_Strip

• Like 1

They did what they had to do, now time to move on. After clear evidence of hostages having been held there, up to 30 of them, a terrorist command room, an intelligence and interrogation complex and police station, with subsequent arrests of numerous Hamas terrorists the operation is now over apparently.

Hamas health ministry says IDF withdrew from Gaza’s Nasser Hospital

Israeli forces withdrew from Gaza’s Nasser Hospital today, a week after raiding it, the Palestinian enclave’s Hamas-controlled health ministry says in a statement.

The World Health Organization says the hospital in Khan Younis, Gaza’s second largest and crucial to the territory’s crippled health services, stopped working last week after a week-long Israeli siege followed by the raid.

The Israel Defense Forces has not yet commented on the Hamas announcement that Israeli troops withdrew from the hospital.

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/hamas-health-ministry-says-idf-withdrew-from-gazas-nasser-hospital/

4 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Hamas Rape Narrative COLLAPSES, Israeli Forces Accused of SEXUAL VIOLENCE in Gaza

A video by the Hill does not make sexual claims collapse. Did you even read the latest report released yesterday and delivered to the UN in the new topic?

A recent report from the Association of Rape Crisis Centers in Israel (ACCRI) has brought to light disturbing allegations against Hamas militants. The report claims that during the attacks on October 7th, Hamas gunmen perpetrated sexual crimes that were both systematic and intentional. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1320552-israeli-report-says-hamas-sexual-violence-systematic-and-intentional/

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bkk Brian said:

A video by the Hill does not make sexual claims collapse. Did you even read the latest report released yesterday and delivered to the UN in the new topic?

A recent report from the Association of Rape Crisis Centers in Israel (ACCRI) has brought to light disturbing allegations against Hamas militants. The report claims that during the attacks on October 7th, Hamas gunmen perpetrated sexual crimes that were both systematic and intentional. 

https://aseannow.com/topic/1320552-israeli-report-says-hamas-sexual-violence-systematic-and-intentional/

Nor does an Israeli report substantiate them. There needs to be independent verification, would you not agree?

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, ozimoron said:

Nor does an Israeli report substantiate them. There needs to be independent verification, would you not agree?

Did you read my post?

"delivered to the UN"

Go to the topic and read for more info and the report

• Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Did you read my post?

"delivered to the UN"

Go to the topic and read for more info and the report

I'm not required to read any report from one of the combatants. I don't read Hamas produced material either. Meantime, you can't even agree on the need for an independent investigation into the facts.

I almost never read reports generated by one of the combatants, preferring to read credible independent reports.

Edited by ozimoron

32 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

I'm not required to read any report from one of the combatants. I don't read Hamas produced material either. Meantime, you can't even agree on the need for an independent investigation into the facts.

I almost never read reports generated by one of the combatants, preferring to read credible independent reports.

Ok so you will miss the witness evidence, the doctors and pathologists statements along of course with the photographic evidence. Then of course the Indepentant BBC Investigation. Oh the report is not by combatants either. 

Enjoy posting off topic hill vids.

Edited by Bkk Brian
  • Agree 2

In preparation for the ground offensive on Rafah, Egypt has cleared and walled in a six square mile area adjacent to the border.  Although the Egyptians claim it is a staging area for aid and trucks.  Six square miles is far in excess of what is needed.

1 minute ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Here's one for all the UN fanboys on here, and there are plenty of them 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f29111a6-1a4f-4467-806b-f7b71795a652?shareToken=6b61d12d662041c2729755e4da5a6769

Nobody has denied that a handful of workers ( a dozen were fired) did fight with Hamas. The Israeli misinformation campaign characterized the UNRWA in a far worse light. The US has stated that it can't verify the Israeli claims about UNRWA.

linked elsewhere.

17 minutes ago, Eloquent pilgrim said:

Here's one for all the UN fanboys on here, and there are plenty of them 

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/f29111a6-1a4f-4467-806b-f7b71795a652?shareToken=6b61d12d662041c2729755e4da5a6769

Yea disgusting, video link to it in the other topic, the terrorist circled is a UN teacher

image.png.debcc1eb472a386f5860e91a6327f9da.png

https://aseannow.com/topic/1320203-gallant-reveals-identities-of-12-unrwa-staff-hamas-members-taking-part-in-oct-7-massacre/

• Thumbs Up 2

Precision urban warfare. Good vid of a drone entering a building, the terrorist hiding throws a grenade, the IDF, quickly do their work on him. Its got some foriegn langue so can't render here but here's the screen and link

The IDF releases footage showing a drone operated by the Maglan commando unit locating a Hamas gunman, before he was killed by the troops in southern Gaza's Khan Younis. The commandos had sent the drone into a building where they had suspected Hamas operatives were hiding. Using the aircraft, the soldiers identified a gunman, who then opened fire at the drone, knocking it down. The IDF says the Maglan troops then hurled a grenade at the gunman, killing him. Maglan has been operating in western Khan Younis recently. The IDF says the commandos have called in airstrikes against Hamas targets, ambushed operatives with sniper fire, engaged in close-quarters combat, and captured weapons.

image.png.570108f82134735578c2c35b878253ce.png

https://twitter.com/manniefabian/status/1761012996774441042

• Like 2