Has The World Gone Mad?

2 hours ago, save the frogs said:

Yeah, what are you going to do? Take them to court?

There's all sorts of unreasonable things going on ... the entire world hasn't gone mad, but there's a lot of stupid people making stupid rules.

Go find another dating app. 

The main problem is you are using dating sites. 

Old - fashioned flirting up girls in the real world is still the best. 

Again, you are concentrating on the dating App.  My post is about where we are going with all this - I think I've made that clear several times.

6 hours ago, Baht Simpson said:

Yes, the OP is making the same mistake he made in the previous thread. Not realising that the problem is his and not everyone elses.

So you actually believe that someone stating they have no interest in dating a Trans person is wrong?  That's exactly why I say the world has gone mad!

All you seek to do is to make this personal without considering the fact that a hell of a lot of people object to this new 'woke' world.  Things are not going to get better at this rate, they are only going to get worse.

If you actually believe that nobody else cares about this and its simply my problem, you don't mix in the same circles as I do.  Just about everyone I know is sick to death of it.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

So you actually believe that someone stating they have no interest in dating a Trans person is wrong?  That's exactly why I say the world has gone mad!

All you seek to do is to make this personal without considering the fact that a hell of a lot of people object to this new 'woke' world.  Things are not going to get better at this rate, they are only going to get worse.

If you actually believe that nobody else cares about this and its simply my problem, you don't mix in the same circles as I do.  Just about everyone I know is sick to death of it.

I wasn't referring to wokeness. I was referring to your assertion that "gay behavior" makes you "physically sick". 

1 hour ago, MangoKorat said:

Again, you are concentrating on the dating App.  My post is about where we are going with all this - I think I've made that clear several times.

You're mixing many different topics together to add to the confusion.

Put in your app profile that you are into Trans. When they contact you, make an appointment to meet at Starbucks but don't show up. 

The app will never catch on that you're playing games. 

AI is not smart enough for that yet.

2 hours ago, save the frogs said:

You're mixing many different topics together to add to the confusion.

Put in your app profile that you are into Trans. When they contact you, make an appointment to meet at Starbucks but don't show up. 

The app will never catch on that you're playing games. 

AI is not smart enough for that yet.

I haven't mixed anything together - and again you are refering to the dating App.

Let me be clear, for quite some time I've thought that things are getting crazy and I can assure you that everyone (outside AN) I have discussed this matter with thinks the same.

Gay, or indeed LGBTQ+ rights have come to the forefront and in many countries there have been major changes to laws etc. to allow LGBTQ+ people the rights and privileges that the rest of us take for granted.  Nothing wrong with that and much was overdue.

However, some people in these communities don't seem think that things have gone far enough. Some people are stating that they are non binary, we should address them as they/them not him or her and they can identify as whatever gender they wish - even what sort of species they are it seems.  The list goes on, pop stars embolden lesser mortals etc. etc.

Well I don't really give a damn how somebody wants to be addressed, if a person was born a female, I reserve the right to call a female, her, she whatever.  How they wish to behave is up to them but just as I wouldn't call my dog a cat, I refused to call a female a male or to not asign a gender at all. A male is a male and a female is a female. There are of course sub divisions with 'Gay Male' or 'Trans female' - being just 2 examples.  Some people, no matter what their sexual orientation wish to be accepted in to society without a label and seem to deny their actual gender.  The fact that their gender does not align with their orientation should not be discriminated against but they cannot deny their physical make up. 

I am sure there are some that do make derogatory and/or hateful comments about such people but I don't see how a simple description is derogatory. If they don't wish to be 'labelled' or asigned a gender, then amongst their own communities - fine, up to them.  However, why should the rest of us not be able to call a male who has transitioned to a female - a Trans when that is in fact what they are?  Its just a simple descriptor that identifies them and in my case it is not intended to be is either derogatory or hateful.

In this particular case the debate is whether or not 'No Trans' is hateful

My reasoning for illustrating this via my experience on a dating App was purely by way of example. The example being that simply stating 'No Trans' has been interpreted by these lunatics as 'Hate Speech'. If I pay for my profile to be displayed on a dating App, am I not entitled to state my preferences?

Is that not politically correct these days?  I don't see anything hateful about 'No Trans' - its a benign and bland statement and if someone has a problem with that, that's their problem. Most Ladyboys are up front about what they are on such Apps but some are not and with a small proportion of them, its very difficult to tell.  I would not entertain any sort of physical relationship with a Trans person, its just not my bag. Do I not have the right to make a simple statement such as 'No Trans' in my preferences? How on earth could any Trans person be offended by the fact that I don't want to meet them?

If I stated that I would like to meet a blonde girl, would I then be being discriminatory towards girls with non-blonde hair? Is that also not PC?

Things seem to be getting worse with every passing year, I remain convinced that the world has indeed, gone mad.

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Agree 1

18 hours ago, retarius said:

My mother used to inflict East Enders on me when I visited her while she was alive, and I was revolted by the sight of  males kissing.

Not that I watched a lot of East Enders, but I don't recall any male to male snogging on it. Times really have changed.

I don't watch any tv now, not because of that, but because it's <deleted> garbage and contaminated by ads seemingly every 5 minutes. When they have channels that show nothing but "infomercials" I know that our "civilization" is on it's last legs. When it finally gets killed off IMO it'll be a mercy killing.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Things seem to be getting worse with every passing year, I remain convinced that the world has indeed, gone mad.

ChatGPT:

Question: Is the world going completely mad?

Answer:

As an AI, I don't possess personal opinions. However, I can acknowledge that the world is going through challenging times. Social, economic, political, and environmental issues can contribute to a sense of unrest or uncertainty. It's important to stay informed, engage in meaningful conversations, and work towards positive changes to address these concerns.

Edited by save the frogs
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Not that I watched a lot of East Enders, but I don't recall any male to male snogging on it. Times really have changed.

I don't watch any tv now, not because of that, but because it's <deleted> garbage and contaminated by ads seemingly every 5 minutes. When they have channels that show nothing but "infomercials" I know that our "civilization" is on it's last legs. When it finally gets killed off IMO it'll be a mercy killing.

Agree 100%. The jibe was to a certain extent tongue in cheek, I haven't watched that much East Enders to know the proportion of times there is males snogging, but they had an episode where the son of the Indian family, had a gay son, that I happened to see. The mother sadly rejected the gay son and he moved out and got a flat with his partner. They were seen snogging. The show was right, imho, opinion, to highlight the rejection of the boy by his bigoted Indian mother (his father was much more tolerant), but the snogging was gratuitous in my opinion. Also I can see a contradiction in my own views...I am very excited and happy to watch lesbian activity, but activity between males instinctively makes me very uncomfortable (which is why I don't see it as appropriate for man 8pm viewing slot). 

1 hour ago, Walker88 said:

The world has not gone any more mad than it has always been. What happens is that many old people, as they age, become bitter and let fairly meaningless things bother them and occupy way too many of their waking thoughts. To some extent such bitterness comes as the signs of dementia become apparent, as the brain tends to focus on things that elicit the strongest emotions.

There are things of infinite more significance in the world than if some media shows same-sex couples engaged in affection, or a very small number of people insist on new pronouns, or it takes you an extra minute to delete people with whom you do not want to dally. Anti-wokism identifies someone as a bitter old man. It's a broadcast of your advancing age and declining mental facilities that have you focus on what outrages you the most. Let it go. All of wokeness is easilly avoided by being more selective in one’s viewing or reading habits or swiping left (right?).

Too many old people become like moths to a flame, deliberately viewing unimportant things that send them into a rage, perhaps because that’s about all they have left to allow them to feel ‘alive’.

https://scnr.com/article/dave-chappelle-compares-jim-carrey-role-to-trans-people_1f6f427ba91d11ee9c930242ac1c0002#:~:text="I just walked in there to meet him%2C,"Andy%2C" to which Chappelle said he "didn't understand."

Funny and yet true.

Please, for a good laugh watch this.

Edited by EVENKEEL

So this new thing where I HAVE to date Trans and fatties ("plans are afoot"), can I at least get by on a credit system?

-A trans date should get me off the hook from having to date 2 fatties. I think it should be more, but "plans are afoot".

-If I date a 300 pound fattie, that should let me pass on two 150 pound ones. Again, I think it should be more, but "plans are afoot". So I guess I'm effed.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2024 at 6:25 AM, ezzra said:

The Rolling stones sang: You can’t always get what you want But if you try sometimes well, you might find, You get

what you need Oh, yea..

It used to be called PC, politically correct, thinking one thing but saying another when it come to be published,

and we all, at one point or another, being reminded that the world has its own rules which we suppose

to abide by despite what WE THINK it's right...

Hypocrisy is normal in all levels of society and 'woke' fits right in there. Often one has to adopt a stoic attitude these days, either say nothing or not care what anybody thinks of you.   Being 'woke' is only necessary for politicians, artists in the public eye and the media for fear of loss of income since sheep follow the herd no matter what direction they favour. 'Woke' is just a flavour of societal expectation of 'normal' behaviour and has always been present in society, logic be damned. 'Woke' doesn't just concern matters of sexual orientation, if for instance your country finds itself at war then to express some understanding for the enemy's reasoning would result in anger being directed towards you no matter your logical thoughts on the matter, a patriotic behaviour is expected and demanded so you keep your mouth shut and say 'thank you for your service'. If one can't be stoic or apathetic then hopefully one is courageous.

10 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Well 'me thinks' is wrong. I have only 'matched' with one girl in days and I'm still very much in contact with her. Had there been anything else that could possibly be construed as 'hateful' I would be aware of that.

You need to understand how these dating Apps work - they are totally profit motivated and operate on the minimum of staff.  They rely on people 'reporting' other members to pick up on issues - they don't spend hours combing through people's profiles.  Hence the amount of hookers openly plying their trade on the App. 

When someone makes a report, a temporary ban is issued a staff member investigates and if they agree, a total ban is issued.  My location/search area is usually set to Bangkok + 40km. I recently returned to the UK and god knows why but last night I set my location to 'My Current Location' + 40km. Within an hour I had a temporary ban and shortly after that, a full ban.

I think this ban is because of that location change and the 'Woke' attitudes of the UK trans community or their supporters who almost certainly reported my profile.

In any case, as I've said to others, this is not about my activity on a dating App, this is about 'Woke-ism' in general and where its taking us.  I am merely using my experience on a dating App to provide an example of how ridiculous things have become.

You think too much.

22 minutes ago, Kinok Farang said:

I've nothing against trannies and gays but my mate Mohammed says "i shove the bloody lot off roof".

A bit harsh methinks.

islam equality.jpeg

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

Well 'me thinks' is wrong. I have only 'matched' with one girl in days and I'm still very much in contact with her. Had there been anything else that could possibly be construed as 'hateful' I would be aware of that.

You need to understand how these dating Apps work - they are totally profit motivated and operate on the minimum of staff.  They rely on people 'reporting' other members to pick up on issues - they don't spend hours combing through people's profiles.  Hence the amount of hookers openly plying their trade on the App. 

When someone makes a report, a temporary ban is issued a staff member investigates and if they agree, a total ban is issued.  My location/search area is usually set to Bangkok + 40km. I recently returned to the UK and god knows why but last night I set my location to 'My Current Location' + 40km. Within an hour I had a temporary ban and shortly after that, a full ban.

I think this ban is because of that location change and the 'Woke' attitudes of the UK trans community or their supporters who almost certainly reported my profile.

In any case, as I've said to others, this is not about my activity on a dating App, this is about 'Woke-ism' in general and where its taking us.  I am merely using my experience on a dating App to provide an example of how ridiculous things have become.

The BS about "woke" attitudes etc .. everything that is changing in the world will continue to change. Accept it or be miserable. It's up to you.

I payed for a Thaifriendly subscription. It has become pretty much useless.. Hookers, scammers, large women who don't show body pics .. then if I do find someone who looks OK, they wind up being next to unable to speak English and even though I speak some Thai there's very little chance of really any meaninfgul communication... IMHO I will not be having a Thai partner unless they are exceptional at English and are more than a coffee shop girl.

Probably going to check out Cambodia or other countries where at least the women speak more English ..

Edited by StandardIssue
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/11/2024 at 5:19 AM, MangoKorat said:

There was a recent thread on AN regarding being exposed to gay behaviour on TV programmes etc.  I was strongly criticised by a couple of members on that thread for stating that I don't want to see such behaviour - it honestly makes me feel physically sick.  I was accused of being a 'Gay Hater' which is ridiculous, I don't hate Gay people in any way, shape of form. I believe that Gay people have the same rights in life as anyone does and I would defend that to the death. I was simply answering the question posed by the thread and stating my preference.

Ten days ago after a brief 'holiday' from the site, I re-joined a popular dating app and paid for their 'Gold' subscription - thankfully only for one month.  As usual I received several 'likes' each day with some coming from Ladyboys - some of whom do not state their sexual orientation in their initial contact. I have no interest in dating a ladyboy and so to try and reduce the amount of contact from them. I wrote 'No Trans' in a list of preferences my profile. I also get regular 'matches' on the site from 'girls' who's real intention is to try and sell me Crypto Currency - so I also include 'No Crypto' in my profile. I have no interest in hearing from either.

Today my account has been banned from the app for 'hate speech' - I presume because of the 'No Trans' statement, they don't say.  Just banned me and no offer to refund the fee for Gold membership. An appeal is allowed but strangely the site does not offer the facility for someone to state why they are appealing - there is just a button to click that says 'appeal'. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I've offended Crypto Currency - in this screwed up world, who knows?

So I ask you, what is the world coming to - has this PC sentiment gone too far? It has in my opinion - way too far. How is simply stating a group that you do not want to hear from 'hate'?  How long will it be before Gay and Trans people are allowed to take someone to court for refusing to date them?  Will that be classed as 'discrimination'? Will we all be required to date a 'Trans' person if they wish to date us? 

IMHO, there is something very wrong with today's world.  Genuine hate speech should not in any way be tolerated and should be treated in the same way as racial discrimination.  On that subject, I have no particular preference on the skin colour of the girls I date but if I did, would I not be allowed to state so? I clearly state in my profile that I am straight, surely a person who makes such a statement is within their rights? If I had stated 'NO Pervy Trans/Queers' in my profile, that would be hate speech. But when did simpy stating your preferences become wrong? Careful in stating that you like blondes lads, the brunettes will be sueing you!

If we, and by we, I include moderate Straight, Gay and Trans people, don't make a stand on this and 'nip it in the bud' - I can see a time, not so far away where simply stating you are 'straight' will be classed as discriminatory - think about it. 

I'll be completely clear on this - there are moves afoot - maybe even already in existence in some countries where Trans people are able to alter their birth certificate. This is just as opinion and I believe we all have a right to one but I believe that for example, having an operation, taking hormones etc. etc. does not alter the gender of a person. I can never see, for example, a day when a male to female Trans will be able to have a baby and breastfeed it.  All the operations ect. do is to alter the sexual orientation of that person and give them the physical appearance of a female.

Now, there are those amongst you that are attracted to Ladyboys and that is fine for you but in itself that is a distinction - they are attracted to the fact that Ladyboys are transgender and many specifically visit Thailand in order to meet them.  How long before such people also come under fire for only being attracted to a person BECAUSE they are Trans. Will that also be discriminatory?  Will Ladyboys start complaining, 'You don't like me because I'm a woman, you only like me because I am Trans'?

The way things are going, if we are 'straight' we will all be compelled to offer relationships to any person who presents themselves to us, regardless of their actual gender.  Taking it to the extremes, will you have to date a fat person or someone you consider ugly , even if you do not find them attractive in the slightest? If you refuse, will that be classed as 'hate'? Is it discrimination?

Will each one of us soon lose the right to choose the factual gender of our long term or sexual partners? Lose the right to choose what attracts us and what doesn't?

In all honesty, I'm glad I'm the age I am because as far as I'm concerned, the world has gone mad.  We've gone from giving gay and transgender people equal rights in law - to which they are very much entitled, to utter madness.  There are websites and other places I believe, where you are not allowed to call someone 'he' or she' its 'they or 'them' - you must refer to them not as what they actually are, but as per how they 'identify'.

What the hell is going on and where will it end?

(Purely as a footnote - to the 2 or 3 people that jumped on me on the other thread - I have honestly placed you on ignore so you are wasting your time replying directly to me, all I am able to see is that you have posted - up to you, I care not.)

I saw something about this on you tube yesterday, people complaining that they'd been told that they can't say "no trans" on their dating site. I personally would  expect to have the right to choose to date someone who was a woman at birth and is still of that gender. I can see a lot of dating sites going to the wall if this continues.

• Thanks 1

Dating sites are fine and you can meet many good people. In fact, there is normally too much choice (at least in Thailand).

However, if just one person makes a complaint about you, for whatever reason, then most responsible sites will disable your account. Most have a policy (if you can find it) about the period of cancellation, but they will seldom tell you.

On 2/11/2024 at 7:02 AM, thaibeachlovers said:

We have to pass a test to drive a car, we have to abide by certain laws to own a dog, we have to be qualified to be a Dr or a nurse, or a lawyer, but to be a parent, which is more important than any of those we don't need any qualifications at all.

I's like to see psychological tests on wannabe parents and any that are obviously unsuitable sterilised. Obviously that's never going to happen, but there should be a penalty for those that make babies and then fail to be a good parent.

Yes I agree. and start with the parents who  give their underage children the keys to their motorbike.

On 2/11/2024 at 8:14 AM, SAFETY FIRST said:

I feel ill and offended when I see 2 guys kissing, I can watch 2 girls kissing all day long.

Its the way we were brought up, it's not our fault, we learnt from shows like the Brady Bunch. 

I'm not bothered about gay men or their behavior but to all you queer guys keep it behind closed doors.

The best post on this topic yet. Have a nice red heart.

• Thanks 1

On 2/11/2024 at 1:46 PM, MangoKorat said:

How long before paedophilic behaviour is considered acceptable and those who practice it, who don't consider it as wrong are able to display their behaviour publicly?  When does something become acceptable and who decides what is and what is not?  You may think I'm being extreme but watch this space - if this 'wokeness' is not brought to an end - it will become never ending and a free for all.

It used to be that we had a 'norm' - that seems to have gone.  Transgender and Gay people were very unfairly discriminated against and in general I support moves to change that but not when that changes the 'norm'. 

There is a set of values and behaviours that are/were seen as acceptable and by which we have lived our lives.  Granting well deserved rights to Gay and Trans people does not have to change those norms but we are now being asked, nay told, to disregard our norms.

I'm not about to open the whole debate again but I strongly believe in the 'norm' and that includes the right not to be confronted by abnormal behaviour that I find offensive.

Are you sure you are not "Woke"? I only ask because you seem to be easily offended and I have read that that is one of the symptoms of the "Woke mind virus".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jesimps said:

people complaining that they'd been told that they can't say "no trans" on their dating site.

I personally would  expect to have the right to choose to date someone.....

It's like you can't say no black women either. Woke, shmoke, it just doesn't fit the tone of today.

As per data, large black women are at the absolute bottom of the dating pyramid; even homely Indian guys are pulling in comparison, or midgets.

Thai Trans looking to date an ancient whitie like the OP? Gotta be in the low single digits.

Why does he want to loudly proclaim his exclusion of people who would franticly step into busy traffic to avoid him?

Why rub it in on dating's losers?  Let their constant and soul crushing rejection just go unstated.