Has The World Gone Mad?

52 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Naaa - everything has its limit.  When someone who likes fishing objects to being called a 'Fisherman' and says its 'Fisherperson' -  as with the singer Sam Smith, when we are not allowed to call a female 'her' or a male 'him' things have gone too far, way too far. Any man or woman that objects to that can take a running jump, I will not ever refer to them as them/they instead!

When has anything like that ever happened to you? Most of this mainly exists in social media and the outrage factory of right wing media. Yet to meet a single person who has even bothered to mention anything about personal pronouns yet the outrage factories would have you believe it is rampant. Who is Sam Smith?

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

8 minutes ago, alanrchase said:

When has anything like that ever happened to you? Most of this mainly exists in social media and the outrage factory of right wing media. Yet to meet a single person who has even bothered to mention anything about personal pronouns yet the outrage factories would have you believe it is rampant. Who is Sam Smith?

Sam is a gay English singer. Google him.

9 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Try going out in a public place and verbally attacking the LGBT community, or demanding that women lose the vote.

Women and the LGBT community had no power at all, but they eventually made enough people afraid to speak out in public against them and that was the beginning of the end of the opposition.

Try going out in a public place and verbally attacking anyone. It's no different for anybody. 

Changes were made not because people were frightened into silence but because enough people realised the injustice of the situation. This was only achieved by protest and activism.

Women and LGBT fought for equality and justice. What exactly is your opposition to that?

Edited by Baht Simpson

On 2/13/2024 at 9:16 PM, thaibeachlovers said:

Wolf whistling makes many girls uncomfortable, so why allow it?

B.S.  Ugly birds and big wooly jumper wearers say that because they never get whistled at.  Its been a while since I saw it but I seem to remember girls having a smug little smile after receiving a wolf whistle.

And as for 'the kiss' - tosh.  It wasn't only her smile - she said it wasn't a problem immediately afterwards.  Then Spain's  'ultra feminists' and the lesbains on her team got involved and it went well over the top. Sexual assault?  What planet are you from? 

Again, the vast majority of the people I spoke to at the time couldn't understand what all the fuss was about. Just a few years ago, if that happened and it upset the recipient, he'd get a quick cuff round the chops and the matter would be closed.  Is it any wonder the world's courts are clogged up when an unwanted kiss becomes sexual assault.

The umbrella girls were banned from F1 too because it was too sexist - I bet the girls themselves never complained though - except about losing their jobs. Madness!

Edited by MangoKorat

5 hours ago, uttradit said:

That's just a few people. You never met Sam Smith so doesn't matter. You met Noi from a dating app. Noi isnt her real name.

Are you drinking again?  The reference to Sam Smith was by way of an example - an example of the ridiculous demands these people are making.

Just now, MangoKorat said:

Are you drinking again?  The reference to Sam Smith was by way of an example - an example of the ridiculous demands these people are making.

Try talking in person. That's the normal way. I would never bother with apps.

On 2/13/2024 at 2:57 PM, uttradit said:

Post some photos of these real attractive women on these websites then

What's your point and what are you refering to?  I haven't mentioned 'real attractive women'.  There are both attractive and not so attractive on all the sites I've seen and apart from it being against the rules to post such photos, I don't see what value it would have to this discussion.

2 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

What's your point and what are you refering to?  I haven't mentioned 'real attractive women'.  There are both attractive and not so attractive on all the sites I've seen and apart from it being against the rules to post such photos, I don't see what value it would have to this discussion.

No idea why you need an app. I can hit on just walking.

2 minutes ago, uttradit said:

Try talking in person. That's the normal way. I would never bother with apps.

Maybe because you were not looking for the same thing I am.  Dating Apps are very useful - I've met quite a lot of women on them.  You are able to get a lot of stuff out of the way before you actually meet anyone which can be very useful in Thailand where a good proportion of girls using those sites are on the game.

Anyway, we are back talking about dating apps again - I'm not prepared to do that further unless its relates to the actual topic.  As I've said several times, the dating app was simply an example.

5 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Maybe because you were not looking for the same thing I am.  Dating Apps are very useful - I've met quite a lot of women on them.  You are able to get a lot of stuff out of the way before you actually meet anyone which can be very useful in Thailand where a good proportion of girls using those sites are on the game.

Anyway, we are back talking about dating apps again - I'm not prepared to do that further unless its relates to the actual topic.  As I've said several times, the dating app was simply an example.

Try finding a long term partner. Then you won't care about wokeism.

4 minutes ago, uttradit said:

No idea why you need an app. I can hit on just walking.

OK, one last time.

I am not in Thailand full time and I'm not interested in English women.  I use these sites to find potential dates when I'm out of the country and gradually thin them out - down to the ones I'm actually going to meet.

You will no doubt deny it but I'd bet a high proportion of ones you 'hit on walking' are either full or part time hookers.  If I wanted a hooker, I wouldn't bother with dating apps. You might find it hard to believe but there are a growing number of girls, especially the younger ones in Thailand that are not hookers and don't want a serious relationship - just a 'good time' - as do I. Those girls use dating apps to find what they're looking for.

I'm not exactly new to this you know, I've been travelling to Thailand for 21 years.

Anyway, end of dating app chat.

1 minute ago, MangoKorat said:

OK, one last time.

I am not in Thailand full time and I'm not interested in English women.  I use these sites to find potential dates when I'm out of the country and gradually thin them out - down to the ones I'm actually going to meet.

You will no doubt deny it but I'd bet a high proportion of ones you 'hit on walking' are either full or part time hookers.  If I wanted a hooker, I wouldn't bother with dating apps. You might find it hard to believe but there are a growing number of girls, especially the younger ones in Thailand that are not hookers and don't want a serious relationship - just a 'good time' - as do I. Those girls use dating apps to find what they're looking for.

I'm not exactly new to this you know, I've been travelling to Thailand for 21 years.

Anyway, end of dating app chat.

Apps be full of hookers or part time hookers. No doubt about it. No barfine. They get more money.

21 years and you still cant find a serious girlfriend? You should be able to speak Thai and know how to talk to women.

Something isn't right.

1 minute ago, uttradit said:

Try finding a long term partner. Then you won't care about wokeism.

Why? Been there, done that and don't want any more of that thanks very much.  I enjoy my life now but to put it bluntly, I just want a jump with someone who actually wants the same, not because they are being paid - much more enjoyable.

Why? Been there, done that and don't want any more of that thanks very much.  I enjoy my life now but to put it bluntly, I just want a jump with someone who actually wants the same, not because they are being paid - much more enjoyable.

Looks like you are stuffed then. The only app that worked well blocked you for trans comments. Whinging non stop since.

Apps be full of hookers or part time hookers. No doubt about it. No barfine. They get more money.

21 years and you still cant find a serious girlfriend? You should be able to speak Thai and know how to talk to women.

Something isn't right.

21 years, literally thousands of girls and a couple of failed marriages.

'Something isn't right' - 'Still can't find' - Everything IS right and I DON'T want a serious girlfriend. I do speak enough Thai to get by and I'm improving all the time - like many, I was lazy and left it to my wife to do everything that required language skills.

I thought I'd made it clear that I wasn't looking for anything serious - most people would know that from the App I was refering to.  I haven't named it but I'm sure most people here will have realised which one it is and what its used for. Let's put it this way, its not known as a place to find a wife - does 'hook up' mean anything to you?

Anyway, wite about what you want but if its not 'on topic' I won't be replying.

5 minutes ago, uttradit said:

Looks like you are stuffed then. The only app that worked well blocked you for trans comments. Whinging non stop since.

Not whinging, trying to deal with someone who's clearly been drinking and doesn't quite get what the thread is about.

1 minute ago, MangoKorat said:

21 years, literally thousands of girls and a couple of failed marriages.

'Something isn't right' - 'Still can't find' - Everything IS right and I DON'T want a serious girlfriend. I do speak enough Thai to get by and I'm improving all the time - like many, I was lazy and left it to my wife to do everything that required language skills.

I thought I'd made it clear that I wasn't looking for anything serious - most people would know that from the App I was refering to.  I haven't named it but I'm sure most people here will have realised which one it is and what its used for. Let's put it this way, its not known as a place to find a wife - does 'hook up' mean anything to you?

Anyway, wite about what you want but if its not 'on topic' I won't be replying.

Thousands? Doubt that. Sounds like bs.

Not whinging, trying to deal with someone who's clearly been drinking and doesn't quite get what the thread is about.

Speak for yourself. You sound drunk. Whinging non stop about wokeism on an app. 

15 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

You might find it hard to believe but there are a growing number of girls, don't want a serious relationship - just a 'good time' - as do I. 

How many free except for pad thai sex encounters in the last 21 years? Feel free to round up.

2 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Nope, new SIM card and e-mail address has it sorted already.

What will you say? Hi I'm Mango I'm old but nice. I want a real woman. Please no hookers. I'm like Romeo. I take care of you. Love you short time.

6 minutes ago, uttradit said:

What will you say? Hi I'm Mango I'm old but nice. I want a real woman. Please no hookers. I'm like Romeo. I take care of you. Love you short time.

Maybe lead with:

I believe in Adam and Eve.

Not Adam and Steve.

• Haha 1

Thousands? Doubt that. Sounds like bs.

I don't know where you're from but a British English speaker will often say 'literally thousands' or similar to mean an awful lot. Yes that makes it a contracdiction but still, we do speak that way.

One thing I am sure of is that its hundreds but I never actually kept count.  In my first few years in Thailand when I was happy to pay for it, I can honestly say that if I was on a visit - it was every night and I used to stay for a month at a time. When I lived in Thailand (6 months in Bangkok 2002) - even more.

Not bragging, I know plenty of guys who do or have done the same - just remember, LT was 1000 baht 20 years back and that was £15.

When they go on a ski-ing holiday, people usually like to get as much ski-ing in as possible if you get my drift?

10 minutes ago, Prubangboy said:

How many free except for pad thai sex encounters in the last 21 years? Feel free to round up.

Never used them but people told me these apps are full of hookers looking for men with money. Covid would have added lots more to apps. Why sit in bars waiting when you can organise hook ups online?