Has The World Gone Mad?

Hot looking Trans or obese Feminist with a lot of body hair -if you have to pick one or take a bullet, what do you do?

Me? I like 'em a little hairy and loud mouthed, so no problem. But I could also do the Trans.

From behind, and always reminding myself: "Don't reach around".

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The Existentialist philosophical movement over 100 years ago realised that the world was absurd. I never expect the world or the universe to be one, logical or fair. This philosophy has served me well and stops me ranting at the world. I save my rants for wars and politics, but they are equally absurd, which is karmic. 

Personally I have no objection to gays or ladyboys but have zero interest in developing a romantic interest in either. After a lifetime of cheating and 'laying pipe' all over the globe, I am now happy to be monogamous with my Thai lady of the past 18 years. She is all I need. 

Having said that, I also have no wish to have sexual perversions rammed down my throat by TV or the press, and presented as though they were normal. I never watch TV, and really don't understand what anyone thinks is worth watching (the 1% of it, perhaps? But why would I sit through 99 hours of rubbish to watch 1 hour of quality programming?) so I don't actually see the gays kissing in soaps. My mother used to inflict East Enders on me when I visited her while she was alive, and I was revolted by the sight of  males kissing. I must say however that lesbians doing the same thing is exciting to me, but I wouldn't;t inflict it on others. 

Anyway I sympathise with the plight of the OP, and hope he gets his refund. In my single days I met some interesting ladies on-line but I never used on-line dating apps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

But as anything there will be a counter reaction.

I sadly think you are mistaken. I think the enemy within already won, and us poor misguided males just haven't realised it yet.

I do hope you are wrong and Hegel is right.

4 hours ago, MangoKorat said:

There was a recent thread on AN regarding being exposed to gay behaviour on TV programmes etc.  I was strongly criticised by a couple of members on that thread for stating that I don't want to see such behaviour - it honestly makes me feel physically sick.  I was accused of being a 'Gay Hater' which is ridiculous, I don't hate Gay people in any way, shape of form. I believe that Gay people have the same rights in life as anyone does and I would defend that to the death. I was simply answering the question posed by the thread and stating my preference.

Ten days ago after a brief 'holiday' from the site, I re-joined a popular dating app and paid for their 'Gold' subscription - thankfully only for one month.  As usual I received several 'likes' each day with some coming from Ladyboys - some of whom do not state their sexual orientation in their initial contact. I have no interest in dating a ladyboy and so to try and reduce the amount of contact from them. I wrote 'No Trans' in a list of preferences my profile. I also get regular 'matches' on the site from 'girls' who's real intention is to try and sell me Crypto Currency - so I also include 'No Crypto' in my profile. I have no interest in hearing from either.

Today my account has been banned from the app for 'hate speech' - I presume because of the 'No Trans' statement, they don't say.  Just banned me and no offer to refund the fee for Gold membership. An appeal is allowed but strangely the site does not offer the facility for someone to state why they are appealing - there is just a button to click that says 'appeal'. Maybe I'm wrong, maybe I've offended Crypto Currency - in this screwed up world, who knows?

So I ask you, what is the world coming to - has this PC sentiment gone too far? It has in my opinion - way too far. How is simply stating a group that you do not want to hear from 'hate'?  How long will it be before Gay and Trans people are allowed to take someone to court for refusing to date them?  Will that be classed as 'discrimination'? Will we all be required to date a 'Trans' person if they wish to date us? 

IMHO, there is something very wrong with today's world.  Genuine hate speech should not in any way be tolerated and should be treated in the same way as racial discrimination.  On that subject, I have no particular preference on the skin colour of the girls I date but if I did, would I not be allowed to state so? I clearly state in my profile that I am straight, surely a person who makes such a statement is within their rights? If I had stated 'NO Pervy Trans/Queers' in my profile, that would be hate speech. But when did simpy stating your preferences become wrong? Careful in stating that you like blondes lads, the brunettes will be sueing you!

If we, and by we, I include moderate Straight, Gay and Trans people, don't make a stand on this and 'nip it in the bud' - I can see a time, not so far away where simply stating you are 'straight' will be classed as discriminatory - think about it. 

I'll be completely clear on this - there are moves afoot - maybe even already in existence in some countries where Trans people are able to alter their birth certificate. This is just as opinion and I believe we all have a right to one but I believe that for example, having an operation, taking hormones etc. etc. does not alter the gender of a person. I can never see, for example, a day when a male to female Trans will be able to have a baby and breastfeed it.  All the operations ect. do is to alter the sexual orientation of that person and give them the physical appearance of a female.

Now, there are those amongst you that are attracted to Ladyboys and that is fine for you but in itself that is a distinction - they are attracted to the fact that Ladyboys are transgender and many specifically visit Thailand in order to meet them.  How long before such people also come under fire for only being attracted to a person BECAUSE they are Trans. Will that also be discriminatory?  Will Ladyboys start complaining, 'You don't like me because I'm a woman, you only like me because I am Trans'?

The way things are going, if we are 'straight' we will all be compelled to offer relationships to any person who presents themselves to us, regardless of their actual gender.  Taking it to the extremes, will you have to date a fat person or someone you consider ugly , even if you do not find them attractive in the slightest? If you refuse, will that be classed as 'hate'? Is it discrimination?

Will each one of us soon lose the right to choose the factual gender of our long term or sexual partners? Lose the right to choose what attracts us and what doesn't?

In all honesty, I'm glad I'm the age I am because as far as I'm concerned, the world has gone mad.  We've gone from giving gay and transgender people equal rights in law - to which they are very much entitled, to utter madness.  There are websites and other places I believe, where you are not allowed to call someone 'he' or she' its 'they or 'them' - you must refer to them not as what they actually are, but as per how they 'identify'.

What the hell is going on and where will it end?

(Purely as a footnote - to the 2 or 3 people that jumped on me on the other thread - I have honestly placed you on ignore so you are wasting your time replying directly to me, all I am able to see is that you have posted - up to you, I care not.)

What's the purpose of that long rant?

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

maybe take a chill pill ...  Lol

There's plenty of Thai TV drama with the guys ...

image.png.cfc9b6595339a9f86cb3edc54bc8934c.png

Nope no chill pill required. 

Don't watch any crap on the TV. 

Only time I turn on the TV is to watch the NRL. 

• Thumbs Up 1

The first time I saw two guys shucking each other in a movie, was "Brokeback mountain", been watching "Band of Dudes", again and again, ever since.

Wokeism has strange ways of getting to us.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, save the frogs said:

And dating apps are BS

Bunch of stupid criteria. Just get out in the real world and use charm to attract women. 

You're missing the point - this is not about me using a dating site, that is just what sets the context.  We all have likes and dislikes - take the example I wrote about blondes and brunettes.  How long before you're not allowed to state any sort of preference at all?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, impulse said:

I wonder how long before the wimmuns start suing guys for hate crimes because we just don't want to date a 300 pounder.  Or a ginger.  Or a...

Or has it already started?

Precisely!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ben Zioner said:

The first time I saw two guys shucking each other in a movie, was "Brokeback mountain", been watching "Band of Dudes", again and again, ever since.

Wokeism has strange ways of getting to us.

So you enjoyed it

4 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

The world changed and your view, that gay people acting gay makes you physically sick, is going to create more and more problems for you -in much the same way that people who felt that black people should have civil rights, but preferably only far, far away from them came to be viewed as very negative anachronisms.

You certainly have a "right" to your reaction. If I have a very unpopular opinion, my impulse is usually to keep it to myself among un-like minded people. I def agree that you should be able to specify No Trans in your dating profile. OTOH, how hard is it to simply delete date prospects with suspiciously big jaw bones? You have a non-problem with an easy solution.

As a supporter of your various who cares?-rights, I want to point out that you are a very poor advocate for your point of view.

Too much paranoia about vague stuff like "plans are afoot" and "How long?" pretend-worrying. You will never suffer any actual discrimination for being a old straight whitie, despite your implausible victim claims. Whereas a guy in a dress def gets a lot of grief.

Why not just bang Noi in Phitsolanuk and stop and smell the roses?

Like many, you are missing the point.

Expressing a view or a preference should be someone's right.  However, such expressions do not need to be nasty.  My account has been banned for 'Hate Speech'  - how the hell is simply stating 'No Trans' hateful?

I have no interest in dating Trans people and was receiving constant 'likes' from them.  I believe I can spot 90% of Ladyboys but some of those who frequent the site in question are very convincing.  Had I stated 'No Nasty Transgenders' - that would have been hateful and I would understand the ban.  I cannot see how simply stating 'No Trans' can be considered hateful.

Using what I consider to be the site's ethics, I believe that stating 'No Blondes' would be acceptable but if I stated 'No Black Girls' that would lead to a ban.

A person should be allowed to politely express their preferences - especially when choosing a partner. It seems that someone has decided that even stating that you are not interested in meeting Trans people is discrimination.

Where does that take us next?

Edited by MangoKorat
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, uttradit said:

Find another app or talk to women face to face. I've never used an app.

Yet again, you are missing the point.  I don't need to use that app to meet women but it did make things very easy.

The point is about what is and what is not 'Hate' and where this brand of thinking is taking us.  People like me are branded 'haters' for simply not wishing to see gay activity on mainstream TV or in movies. Now I can't even state that I have no interest in meeting Trans people. 

What I find odd is that the site in question accepts membership from Ladyboys who state their gender is a 'Woman' and their preference is 'Straight' - both of which they are not. But that is acceptable because in today's world a person can 'identify' as they wish and we are all supposed to respect that.

So, I identify as a horse - don't dare say I'm not!

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, MangoKorat said:

Yet again, you are missing the point.  I don't need to use that app to meet women but it did make things very easy.

The point is about what is and what is not 'Hate' and where this brand of thinking is taking us.  People like me are branded 'haters' for simply not wishing to see gay activity on mainstream TV or in movies. Now I can't even state that I have no interest in meeting Trans people. 

What I find odd is that the site in question accepts membership from Ladyboys who state their gender is a 'Woman' and their preference is 'Straight' - both of which they are not. But that is acceptable because in today's world a person can 'identify' as they wish and we are all supposed to respect that.

So, I identify as a horse - don't dare say I'm not!

The app is trash then. Don't use it. The creators of trashy apps can be pro tranny if they want.

It's like a bad restaurant. You don't have to use their services.

8 minutes ago, uttradit said:

The app is trash then. Don't use it. The creators of trashy apps can be pro tranny if they want.

I agree.  However, the world of dating has changed and using Apps and Websites is now the norm. For the younger generation its now their choice.

My experience has been that the particular App in question has produced far better results.  Its is known as a 'Hook Up' site and that is exactly what I'm looking for.

I've asked the question - where is this going? I'll tell you where I think its going - very soon, even the word 'Transgender' will be seen as hateful.  Those who have had their gender changed will start asserting that they are doing nothing wrong by choosing a person born of the opposite sex as their potential partner.

I'm pretty sure that the surgery involved will not be particularly convincing so the first time some people will know that they are dating a Trans is in the bedroom - blood will flow.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

I think I am reasonably tolerant of all forms of sexual orientation. Don't bother me, I won't bother you.

What I do find disturbing is the way noisy minorities can hijack an issue, then demand preferential treatment over a majority.

Very well put. It seems however, that we are not even allowed to state 'don't bother me' these days.

Edited by MangoKorat

20 minutes ago, uttradit said:

Although I don't want to make this about my use of a dating App - more its about the context that is being set, you are correct, I don't have to use their services.  However, they have taken my money and shown no signs of issuing a refund even though I am now not able to use the site.  I have absolutely no doubt that their defence will be that I have viloated their terms and conditions and therefore, my subscription is forfeit.

• Like 1

Just now, MangoKorat said:

Although I don't want to make this about my use of a dating App - more its about the context that is being set, you are correct, I don't have to use their services.  However, they have taken my money and shown no signs of issuing a refund even though I am now not able to use the site.  I have absolutely no doubt that their defence will be that I have viloated their terms and conditions and therefore, my subscription is forfeit.

Well it is Thailand. 10% of guys are ladyboys.

8 minutes ago, MangoKorat said:

Very well put. It seems however, that we are not even allowed to state 'don't bother me' these days.

No doubt you would be puzzled by the actor Asia Kate Dillon, who refers to herself as having third person plural gender.

As Jeff Daniels once said, I don't know what the <deleted> that means.

5 minutes ago, Lacessit said:

No doubt you would be puzzled by the actor Asia Kate Dillon, who refers to herself as having third person plural gender.

As Jeff Daniels once said, I don't know what the <deleted> that means.

Apparently the UK singer Sam Smith is fond of fishing and when someone called him a fisherman he stated that he is a fisherPERSON...........jeez!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

I feel ill and offended when I see 2 guys kissing, I can watch 2 girls kissing all day long.

Its the way we were brought up, it's not our fault, we learnt from shows like the Brady Bunch. 

I'm not bothered about gay men or their behavior but to all you queer guys keep it behind closed doors.

Very big of you to allow homosexuals to do whatever they want at home.

• Sad 2

4 minutes ago, pedro01 said:

Very big of you to allow homosexuals to do whatever they want at home.

How long before paedophilic behaviour is considered acceptable and those who practice it, who don't consider it as wrong are able to display their behaviour publicly?  When does something become acceptable and who decides what is and what is not?  You may think I'm being extreme but watch this space - if this 'wokeness' is not brought to an end - it will become never ending and a free for all.

It used to be that we had a 'norm' - that seems to have gone.  Transgender and Gay people were very unfairly discriminated against and in general I support moves to change that but not when that changes the 'norm'. 

There is a set of values and behaviours that are/were seen as acceptable and by which we have lived our lives.  Granting well deserved rights to Gay and Trans people does not have to change those norms but we are now being asked, nay told, to disregard our norms.

I'm not about to open the whole debate again but I strongly believe in the 'norm' and that includes the right not to be confronted by abnormal behaviour that I find offensive.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1