Is SCB Trying to Run Off All Their Customers?

The old traditionally banking system is broken [Debt] and slowly but surely they are corralling and conditioning everyone into the mindset of accepting the new CBDC slave coins that are on the horizon. lf you view everything that happens with your regular bank through this lens, then it is clear as the nose on your face what is going on. They will never jump from system A to system Z in one leap as everyone would cry foul. So they go from A to Z in incremental steps. Fortunately I will have more than likely already popped off before Thailand becomes a cashless society, but this trend is clear in the richer nations already. My advice would be oppose anything CBDC related with every inch of your soul when you encounter them. At least for your kids and grandkids sake, if not for your own. Yea I know sounds like a conspiracy theory, but funny how those so called conspiracy theories are actually becoming conspiracy facts with the passage of time. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

SCB branch in Hua Hin Market Village for exemple, has highly more polite and efficient staff, compared to the other big bank players in the area. SCB will be a choice when I close my account in either Bangkok bank or Kasikorn where the staff is rude.

Edited by Sigmund
  • Thanks 1

It’s painful to read this thread with so many technically illiterate people talking about “locking down” their desktop and not “trusting” phone banking. 

Windows is the least secure platform you can possibly use, followed by your crap android phone from 5 years ago. 

Get an iphone also realize that what you “trust” and don’t “trust” regarding technology has nothing to do with reality unless you have some experience, which clearly none of you do. 

• Haha 1

On 2/13/2024 at 3:31 PM, Mutt Daeng said:

Just for info. I can use the Kasikorn & Krungthai & HSBC (UK) apps on my phone no problem with VPN (Surfshark) active.

I can also use Kasikorn & Krungthai and, and, and ATM's. I only use SCB ATM if I happen to be riding past the branch. 

7 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

Mine is still working.🧐

OP was referring to SCB web access. Since SCB issued a notice to say it was being stopped I presume you are referring to other banks?

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, topt said:

OP was referring to SCB web access. Since SCB issued a notice to say it was being stopped I presume you are referring to other banks?

It says 

Just today, the SCB app on my Samsung refused to open and told me to toggle off the VPN option if I wanted to open the app. I didn't even know I had a VPN on the phone. 

So weirdly I assume it was an App. on his phone.

8 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

It says 

So weirdly I assume it was an App. on his phone.

If you read the opening post again the bit you quoted refers to his title and is only the first of a number of points.....

Why is SCB making it so difficult to bank with them?

1) They removed online banking

2) I haven't seen an SCB ATM in my area in over a year.

etc.

3 minutes ago, topt said:

If you read the opening post again the bit you quoted refers to his title and is only the first of a number of points.....

etc.

Yes, but I didn't comment on anything but the first item. Please keep arguing away without adding anything new to the collected body of knowledge. 

Edited by VocalNeal
  • Sad 1

On 2/14/2024 at 5:32 PM, John Drake said:

Perhaps. It's SCB's decision, however, and I suppose we either adapt or go to another bank. When I first got to Thailand, 98 percent of my banking was with SCB. After getting a BBK account, my business has steadily shifted toward 90+ percent with Bangkok Bank. I just have fewer problems with BBK. Other people apparently feel better served by SCB. Right now, however, the only time I use the SCB phone app is when I receive a large amount of money into SCB account and need to transfer it out immediately to one of my BBK accounts. Probably should have also got a Kasikornbank account years ago when it was easier. Too late now.

If your hear on an extension, I see no reason why you can't, that said, accounts have fees, e.g. I believe SCB charge me 200 or 300 baht a year to have an account, and of course pay me SFA interest and tax me 17% of that interest, not 100% sure if that is the case, but someone told me if you don't have a TIN, they charge you tax on your interest earned, fair enough, whatever.

I don't deal with SCB staff at all, just make withdrawals from the app via any ATM machine and pay no fees, regardless if in or out of the  province, and transfer funds to them from overseas, only time staff see me is for my annual extension letter that I require from them to confirm the funds have been in there for the time required, used to wait 45 minutes, now about 15-30 minutes, still a waste of time, but it is what it is.

• Like 1