German tourist’s night out in Pattaya turns into nightmare

webfact

The German and his hooker ' girlfriend'  should have moved on. You dont argue with  soi thugs anywhere in Thailand. Lucky he wasnt shot . Loads of farangs have been shot for doing less in bar towns and in the provinces.

No mention of gogo bar name ??

Might have strong police connections which could be more trouble for the Hun and his skank.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

that crucial CCTV footage from the scene mysteriously vanished, with the bar management citing technical glitches. Undeterred, authorities advised Groebiinghoff to file a formal complaint at the Pattaya City Police Station.

😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Haha 1

I've heard alot about shop owners claiming that the frontage belongs to them. 

While I can understand their reasoning behind it ie it's for paying customers or for service vehicles (deliveries) I came across a situation about 2 months ago that just astounded me. 

I was in Vientiane getting a tourist visa (Prior to applying for retirement visa once back in Thailand).  While the missus was having a cigarette near the Thai consulate,  I crossed the road in order to be in the shade and out of direct sunlight. 

After about 30 seconds, the shop owner came out and said 'You cannot stand here'.  I replied 'Pardon me, it's a footpath and I'm not obstructing access to your store'. 

He was having none of it. So I asked where his footpath ended.  Naturally it was where the sun was beating down. 

It wasn't worth causing a big commotion over but later, when waiting to go into the consulate.  One of the local touts said that that man always causes trouble. 

No wonder that he never had customers.  Very strange fellow. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Thingamabob said:

If the German has spent a fair amont of time in Thailand he should know it would be wise to avoid this confrontation. Naive behaviour by him.

While I agree, the idea of backing down when out with a new squeeze is just not palatable in the West.

• Like 1

I feel for him, but how daft can people be. It was never an altercation he was going to win whether he was right or wrong, so he should have just moved to another location. Not saying the violence was appropriate, but really, how did he think the outcome would have ended.

• Like 1

Wow! GoGO ruffians and bar hoodlums. Sounds to me like a bare minimum of 4 people against 1. Either the German must be a good fighter, or we are talking silk punch Thai´s again.

"....initial investigations revealed that crucial CCTV footage from the scene mysteriously vanished,......"

Oh, WHAT a surprise - NOT!

The bar owners should be charged with destroying evidence - this happens too often, like taxis where meter "Not work". But possibly the police are involved in the ownership of the bar, or brown envelopes aheve changed hands, or..........

Dammit, I'm becoming a conspiracy theorist, I'm going back to bed!

You can sit and bitch and whine all day about how awful it is that you can't park in a public parking spot...sit and blow your horn at a bunch of thai men over a parking spot and the odds are very good it will not end well for you...

OR you can put aside your "i'll show you macho ideas" and move along to another parking space realize that is the way it is and you will not change it and get over it.

Or as my grandmother used to tell me..."use your head for something other than a hat rack"....

2 hours ago, Thonburi-tales said:

The German and his hooker ' girlfriend'  should have moved on. You dont argue with  soi thugs anywhere in Thailand. Lucky he wasnt shot . Loads of farangs have been shot for doing less in bar towns and in the provinces.

Might have strong police connections which could be more trouble for the Hun and his skank.

You are very quick to insult his girl friend, I didn't see her described as a hooker or a "skank" in the OP or the link.  I think you might be making things up.    Likewise your claim that "loads of "farangs" have been shot for less in "bar towns"  and in the Provinces.   Total Rubbish, and so early in the morning !, Have you just arrived home from a night out with your "Skank"

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Thonburi-tales said:

Seek counseling

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, rwill said:

Lot's of businesses here claim the road in front of them as their property.  The police allow them to do so.

So while they do not own the road they are allowed to act as if it is their property.

It's happened to me outside of shops a couple of times. Little old ladies come out screaming and gesturing, probably because they were expecting a cola delivery. Best to get off your mark quickly, because if you insist on parking, your car is likely to have picked up a scratch or two when you return.

1 hour ago, Jaxxper said:

I feel for him, but how daft can people be. It was never an altercation he was going to win whether he was right or wrong, so he should have just moved to another location. Not saying the violence was appropriate, but really, how did he think the outcome would have ended.

is everyone on here rational and even tempered ?  Is there a possibility he was pulling into the spot and the lads/thugs saw a Farang with a Thai woman and said f this guy  and stood in the spot?  The German lost his cool and  said they are trying to punk me  and wasn't thinking clearly-  sometimes cooler heads don't prevail .  Has anyone on here ever had an incident with a Thai?  curious.

4 minutes ago, charleskerins said:

is everyone on here rational and even tempered ?  Is there a possibility he was pulling into the spot and the lads/thugs saw a Farang with a Thai woman and said f this guy  and stood in the spot?  The German lost his cool and  said they are trying to punk me  and wasn't thinking clearly-  sometimes cooler heads don't prevail .  Has anyone on here ever had an incident with a Thai?  curious.

Curious, have you ever had an incident with a German?? 

• Haha 1

Not a smart guy. Gets pissed over a parking space (learn self control) and makes a fuss (with a Thai), gets assaulted (locally conclusion of you know anything about making a fuss with a Thai). Stupid is as stupid does. 

• Thumbs Up 1