German tourist’s night out in Pattaya turns into nightmare

webfact

1 minute ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Funny, I've lived in Thailand 10 years and have managed to avoid being robbed or beaten. Wonder why? And why even drive in Thailand anyway?

Eh? Plenty of good reasons to drive in Thailand, what an odd thing to say.

Driving to Soi Buakhau to a bar is utter stupidity though. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, orchidfan said:

Agree. My thoughts exactly. Why would a German tourist drive a car (his?) Into Pattaya and then try to park in a bar area?

Would they not be drinking whilst there and then go and drive that car.....in the dimly lit back streets of Pattaya.

I only know 2 Germans here and both, whilst quite nice guys, are extremely argumentative, complaining and always right.

Both prolific letter writers of complaints to hotels, restaurants and airlines (but not on social media or websites !)

Is it 100% confirmed it was a car? I just assumed motorbike as Thai businesses and moto taxis usually claim, take over public parking areas as their own. I think the city was cracking down on those motorbike rental people who do it at one point but probably gave up quickly. 

Tourists or expats should always remember that they are not in the UK,

Europe, or even Germany. or others places in the world.

They are in the wild, wild east, Thailand. Leave your gun and big Ego at

home. Europe has its ways and Asia has their ways, both are very different.

Forget at your peril. 555

8 hours ago, steven100 said:

The usual Pattaya shenanigans ...  business owner wiped the CCTV,  Police do nothing,  Thai bar thug scum, 

TIT ....    But the German should have left immediately,   you can't win in Thailand as everyone knows.

Apart from the odd person, Thai men are among the biggest cowards on earth, they will not stand up to you one on one, but are big men when their mates are with them.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

Apart from the odd person, Thai men are among the biggest cowards on earth, they will not stand up to you one on one, but are big men when their mates are with them.

Why do foreigners pick fights in Thailand? Seems to be only bad foreigners who get in fights. The good foreigners have no issues with Thais.

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, charleskerins said:

I think you're trying to be clever but actually I did about 2 weeks ago at a 7/11 gas /rest stop about an hour outside Phitsanulok.  it was quite interesting.

What happened?

2 hours ago, G_Money said:

How hard is it to park 20 meters away and just walk.  Just lazy imo.

On Soi Bakhao?  It can be very had to the point of impossible unless you give-up and double park but then you risk a deserved beating.

39 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:

What happened?

He stared at me i stared back ,i though maybe he was an American .He kind of squared up and said "are you an American" I said yes are you? He said no and then added  angrily I can't stand your slang!  There was a brief stare down then he started laughing and said have a good day. I replied Gutentag.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

sparking fury in the German tourist

Never spark fury. As I was reading this I could only wonder at how many laughing emojis I would find at the bottom of the article.

3 hours ago, cdemundo said:

"Don't you understand? It's the principle of the thing!"

Always idiotic thinking, as you said, what did he think was gonna happen?

He's 46 years old. He probably still has some testosterone left.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, orchidfan said:

Both prolific letter writers of complaints to hotels, restaurants and airlines (but not on social media or websites !)

Back in 1988, I wrote a brief letter of complaint to Lufthansa, because the flight from Bremen to London, which I often took, was almost always 90 minutes to  2 hours late. In return, I received a six page reply from Lufthansa, detailing flight plans, flight corridors, rules, airport slotting, and more. Single spaced.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

In the dim-lit streets of Soi Buakhao, Pattaya, chaos erupted as a German national found himself entangled in a brutal altercation with Go-Go bar thugs in the early hours of yesterday, leaving him nursing injuries to his left ear.

The 46 year old German tourist, Mike Groebiinghoff, accompanied by his Thai girlfriend, innocently sought a parking spot in front of the bar. However, their night took a menacing turn when a group of unruly Go-Go bar brutes callously seized the space, sparking fury in the German tourist. Despite persistent honks from the couple, the staff remained obstinate, refusing to vacate the area.

What ensued was a heated exchange escalating swiftly into a violent confrontation, with Groebiinghoff at the receiving end of the Go-Go ruffians’ fury, aided by additional bar hoodlums. Distraught by the harrowing ordeal, Groebiinghoff wasted no time in seeking police intervention, reported Pattaya Mail.

However, the path to justice hit a snag as initial investigations revealed that crucial CCTV footage from the scene mysteriously vanished, with the bar management citing technical glitches. Undeterred, authorities advised Groebiinghoff to file a formal complaint at the Pattaya City Police Station.

by Top

Photo courtesy of Pattaya Mail

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-02-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

Don't think mike will ever WIN anything, don't get loud. They don't lose any fight. Let them flex, police are not coming to help any Falang. 

2 hours ago, Goat said:

He said it was a nice change.

Meaning that, as we all know, the Brits always seem to be getting into trouble in Thailand and especially in Pattaya.

I am guessing perhaps a British mother?

As we ALL know? I don't think it is your place to be speaking on behalf of myself. Other members may agree but I wouldn't dream of making that assumption and speaking on their behalf. 

19 hours ago, Big Bert said:

City does not have an obligation to maintain CCTV the bar does as part of the licence rules, if they even have a licence that is.

The City invested and installed a system to monitor all around town some years ago. It is their system that they have an obligation to maintain. it was well known a large percentage of it was not functional. It could work well to track anybody on the run, and vehicle thefts. 

17 hours ago, SAFETY FIRST said:

Why not? 

Its a forum, it's open for discussion. 

Because there is no relevance and it is simply misdirection, deflection or whatever. It indicates a troll with an agenda. 

14 hours ago, Goat said:

He said it was a nice change.

Meaning that, as we all know, the Brits always seem to be getting into trouble in Thailand and especially in Pattaya.

I am guessing perhaps a British mother?

Report says he is German......it was not a nice change for him!

20 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

You are very quick to insult his girl friend, I didn't see her described as a hooker or a "skank" in the OP or the link.  I think you might be making things up.    Likewise your claim that "loads of "farangs" have been shot for less in "bar towns"  and in the Provinces.   Total Rubbish, and so early in the morning !, Have you just arrived home from a night out with your "Skank"

You obviously dont live in Thailand. Hundreds of farangs have been killed here in the 20 years ive lived in BKK. And middle aged foteign men do not have legitimate girlfriends particularly in a dump like Pattaya. Theyre bar girls, soi walkers and internet sloths..

If youre a troll posting o/seas go away and do something else.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, uttradit said:

Why do tourists with girlfriends go to go go areas?

Probably because thats where he met her. Shes likely one of them. Thousands of farangs have married gogo girls and shipped them back to Europe. Alot of them are still married to a Thai.

On 2/14/2024 at 5:19 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Should be a large fine if a business claims CCTV no work

I'm sure that bar's CCTV isn't the only camera in the area.  

The farang should have known better that to get in a argument with the Thais over a parking spot (was it a car or motorbike?).

They say it's was a gogo bar, so I'll assume it's on Soi LK Metro, whenever I park my motorbike in front of a bar in that area, I make sure I go in their bar first, never had a problem over the years.

2 hours ago, Thonburi-tales said:

You obviously dont live in Thailand. Hundreds of farangs have been killed here in the 20 years ive lived in BKK. And middle aged foteign men do not have legitimate girlfriends particularly in a dump like Pattaya. Theyre bar girls, soi walkers and internet sloths..

If youre a troll posting o/seas go away and do something else.

its not me trolling, and its not me implying that any Thai woman with a western boyfriend visiting Pattaya is a whore. You  claim to have lived here for 20 years, yet you have the same views as a western tabloid newspaper.   

Referring to a German citizen as "The Hun" and Thai women as "skanks"  clearly identifies you for what you are, a narrow minded troll with a chip on his shoulder a mile wide.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, uttradit said:

Why do tourists with girlfriends go to go go areas?

Well according to the OP it was to park his vehicle,  Nowhere does it state which establishment he was intending to visit, that is just something certain people on here have assumed.  

Only yesterday I parked outside a 7-11  and then walked approximately 75 meters to the bank and then a further 50 meters to a barbers shop to get my haircut. I had no intention of entering the 7-11  but it was the nearest available parking spot to where I was going.  

On the other hand , as another poster has suggested, maybe he and his girlfriend were just enjoying the night life. Is that possibility really beyond your comprehension?

Edited by Bday Prang