German tourist’s night out in Pattaya turns into nightmare

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

However, the path to justice hit a snag as initial investigations revealed that crucial CCTV footage from the scene mysteriously vanished, with the bar management citing technical glitches. Undeterred, authorities advised Groebiinghoff to file a formal complaint at the Pattaya City Police Station.

Then they should also be fined for that lapse, believe it or not. 

Two sides to this story, I too am peed off at the way motorcycles block access to many places, particularly in LK Mero area. 

Edited by jacko45k
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, loong said:

If I remember correctly that requirement was introduced in Pattaya about 20 years ago.

Correct, but like many around the City, they fell into disrepair. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

nursing injuries to his left ear.

How many injuries can a left ear sustain? 

Did the car survive intact?  Mine got a nail driven through a piece of wood & placed under my nearside rear tire.

Thought this was going to be the old not-paying-inflated-bill article. The go-go gorillas are of course demented a-holes, but, especially if that guy knows the lay of the land, what was he thinking? Just move on. Saw one d-head screaming and gesticulating at a Thai lady in Chiang Mai many moons ago over a parking spot, then literally running after her car screaming. I mean, what the actual F! Do you want to get shot?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

In the dim-lit streets of Soi Buakhao, Pattaya, chaos erupted as a German national found himself entangled in a brutal altercation with Go-Go bar thugs in the early hours of yesterday, leaving him nursing injuries to his left ear.

The 46 year old German tourist, Mike Groebiinghoff, accompanied by his Thai girlfriend, innocently sought a parking spot in front of the bar. However, their night took a menacing turn when a group of unruly Go-Go bar brutes callously seized the space, sparking fury in the German tourist. Despite persistent honks from the couple, the staff remained obstinate, refusing to vacate the area.

What ensued was a heated exchange escalating swiftly into a violent confrontation, with Groebiinghoff at the receiving end of the Go-Go ruffians’ fury, aided by additional bar hoodlums. Distraught by the harrowing ordeal, Groebiinghoff wasted no time in seeking police intervention, reported Pattaya Mail.

However, the path to justice hit a snag as initial investigations revealed that crucial CCTV footage from the scene mysteriously vanished, with the bar management citing technical glitches. Undeterred, authorities advised Groebiinghoff to file a formal complaint at the Pattaya City Police Station.

by Top

Photo courtesy of Pattaya Mail

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-02-14

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

This reporting is pure gold!!!!😅😅😅😅

• Haha 2