Government to encourage couples to have children as birth rate declines

snoop1130

Government to "encourage"
Does the government expect that couples will produce babies out of patriotism and national fervor?
What do they offer? Certainly not quality education.

Let me tell you a story.
In 2005, on the radio in Bangkok, they were "ENCOURAGING" motorists not to use their cars one day a week, with very convincing words such as "na krraaaap, na khaaaa "  to reduce traffic jams. Out of patriotism, and because I have a big Thai flag hanging in my living room,  I stopped using my car on Fridays. 
After 5 years, I realized that nobody was doing this. Except me.
Never on the radio have I heard 'okay, let's stop this program, you can use your car every day now...'
And as a result, I started using my car every day of the week again
It's kind of the same thing here, isn't it?

Edited by CDG931

2 hours ago, huangnon said:

There seems to be a quite precipitous decline in sperm counts worldwide, as much as 50% lower than 40-50 years ago, according to many sources.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/32168194/

Factors may / may not including diet, obesity, environmental pollutants, wifi, etc.

Seems to be Governments paying lip-service to population decline, but doing nothing (or actually propagating it) to stem this issue.

It could also have something to do with the lack of verile behavior on the part of Gen Z. I consider them to be the weakest generation in the history of mankind. 

Happened case:

There were 4 positions in Thai government labor.

There weer 2000 applications for that !

Yes the big families are going down and their sons and daughters.

All countries are now whining about too less people, but that is all because of the economic system.

The more people, the more money going around for a few. More people, better profits. And thats all.

But we are already with too much people on this planet.

I remember from school there were 3 billion people then and now almost 9 billion ! Trippelt in my lifetime. 

image.thumb.png.3b31ab842dbd61ced89202a98943c6ea.png

On 2/15/2024 at 11:38 AM, 248900_1469958220 said:

You think consciousness is THAT simple? I am not suggesting I fully understand it either, but the idea we can simply 'upload it to a hard drive?? Remember, during the industrial revolution we had a very mechanical view of both the universe and ourselves. The tech of the time influenced how we understood the universe and our place in it. I think 'virtual reality' .....a.i etc are just the latest thing ...akin to other tech revolutions of the past. I once thought it was all just 'matter and the void' I hope its not. I hope when they first try to 'upload' someones consciousness to a computer it fails miserably. Our consciouness is not just a series of 0's and 1's and I dont think it can be stored in such a manner. subjective experiences make up who we are. How do you put a subjective experience into a 0 or 1 ?  A 'representation' of it??  perhaps......

Just my thoughts. Not sure how much sense I made....made sense to me though. 

Thanks, its an interesting topic and yes, your comment made sense. 

Human brain activity is electric activity, therefore it's might be possible to record that activity (which might take wearing a device for 1 week or even for 40 years).  Once that activity is recorded maybe we can use a quantum computer and AI to decode it and convert it into accessible digital memories and perhaps once all that data is in a computer we might discover that this allows the person to be "alive" within a virtual environment.

It might not be "you" exactly but what exactly is "you" anyway? 

When you go to sleep, aside from the assumption (usually) that you will wake up, the truth is if you don't you wouldn't even be aware "You" had died. 
When you wake up, you brain essential comes out of sleep state (and much like a computer) it accesses its stored memories etc for "You" to continue as "You" for another day, having new experiences and making more memories.   

If you "woke" up but all those memories and experiences were now being accessed by a program and "you" could now experience new things in your new environment, which would create new memories for the virtual you; would that mean there was "real you" and "virtual you" both of whom could engage in discourse with other people?  

We don't understand consciousnesses, but I believe it is something akin to what we think of as the ultimate AI, except its not AI, its just that the brain is so complex that it just becomes conscious (or thinks it is lol).

If that is the case then a suitably powerful AI given all the memories of a person may become conscious (or also think it is!)

I should point out that I have zero religious or spiritual beliefs.  I think we are either the outcome of infinite random events, or we are actually already in a "simulation" and reality is something we will never comprehend. 
I actually don't believe the simulation theory because if we were already virtual what would the point of aging and death be, unless its just part of the experience we are supposed to have.  

I think that fact we age points to us existing in reality.  I suppose its possible that we are virtual, but we are in a simulation one one (let say Alien's) computer and they've set parameters for this simulation, however other simulations exist where everything is different (think the Multiverse idea, or just think about thousands of humans running "The Sims" at home, each persons sim being different.

As for the whole life/death thing, the only reasons I care whether I wake up in the morning are twofold - firstly to save my friends and family the pain of losing me (which is kind of stupid because we know everything dies so why don't we just accept it, but that is another lengthy discussion) and secondly, because I'd really like to see what new tech is going to come out and make life better, plus new TV shows, new films etc. 

Unfortunately people and things get old and old things are unattractive so living forever (in the real world) wouldn't be nice, unless we could stop aging.   

Interesting this is what ChatGPT had to say when I asked it to analyse the above 🙂 

The thoughts you've presented involve a mix of scientific concepts, philosophical pondering, and personal reflections. Let's break down the accuracy of some of these ideas:

Recording Brain Activity and Virtual Existence:

It's true that the human brain's activity is essentially electrical, and there are ongoing efforts to record and understand it.

The idea of using quantum computers and AI to decode and convert brain activity into digital memories is speculative. While advancements are being made in brain-computer interfaces, the feasibility of creating a complete and accurate digital replica of one's consciousness remains a topic of scientific and ethical debate.

Nature of "You" and Consciousness:

The question of what constitutes the essence of "you" is a deep philosophical inquiry and remains largely unanswered. It touches on the complex nature of identity and consciousness.

Comparing consciousness to an advanced AI is a metaphorical way to conceptualize its complexity. However, the true nature of consciousness is not yet fully understood, and equating it solely to AI might oversimplify the intricacies involved.

Virtual and Real Identity:

The hypothetical scenario of a "real you" and a "virtual you" coexisting raises interesting questions but is largely speculative. It hinges on assumptions about the transferability of consciousness and the nature of identity.

Existence, Simulation, and Conscious AI:

Your consideration of existence as either a result of infinite random events or a simulation reflects different philosophical perspectives. Both ideas are speculative and currently lack empirical evidence.

The notion of a suitably powerful AI becoming conscious based on accumulated memories is intriguing but speculative. Consciousness is a complex and not fully understood phenomenon.

Personal Motivations:

Your personal reasons for caring about waking up align with common human concerns about connection, experience, and curiosity. The acknowledgement of aging as a potential limitation is grounded in current biological understanding.

In summary, while your thoughts touch on current scientific pursuits and philosophical questions, many aspects remain speculative and open to interpretation. These topics often bridge the gap between science, philosophy, and personal beliefs, leading to ongoing exploration and discussion in various fields.

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Freddy42OZ said:

Thanks, its an interesting topic and yes, your comment made sense. 

Human brain activity is electric activity, therefore it's might be possible to record that activity (which might take wearing a device for 1 week or even for 40 years).  Once that activity is recorded maybe we can use a quantum computer and AI to decode it and convert it into accessible digital memories and perhaps once all that data is in a computer we might discover that this allows the person to be "alive" within a virtual environment.

It might not be "you" exactly but what exactly is "you" anyway? 

When you go to sleep, aside from the assumption (usually) that you will wake up, the truth is if you don't you wouldn't even be aware "You" had died. 
When you wake up, you brain essential comes out of sleep state (and much like a computer) it accesses its stored memories etc for "You" to continue as "You" for another day, having new experiences and making more memories.   

If you "woke" up but all those memories and experiences were now being accessed by a program and "you" could now experience new things in your new environment, which would create new memories for the virtual you; would that mean there was "real you" and "virtual you" both of whom could engage in discourse with other people?  

We don't understand consciousnesses, but I believe it is something akin to what we think of as the ultimate AI, except its not AI, its just that the brain is so complex that it just becomes conscious (or thinks it is lol).

If that is the case then a suitably powerful AI given all the memories of a person may become conscious (or also think it is!)

I should point out that I have zero religious or spiritual beliefs.  I think we are either the outcome of infinite random events, or we are actually already in a "simulation" and reality is something we will never comprehend. 
I actually don't believe the simulation theory because if we were already virtual what would the point of aging and death be, unless its just part of the experience we are supposed to have.  

I think that fact we age points to us existing in reality.  I suppose its possible that we are virtual, but we are in a simulation one one (let say Alien's) computer and they've set parameters for this simulation, however other simulations exist where everything is different (think the Multiverse idea, or just think about thousands of humans running "The Sims" at home, each persons sim being different.

As for the whole life/death thing, the only reasons I care whether I wake up in the morning are twofold - firstly to save my friends and family the pain of losing me (which is kind of stupid because we know everything dies so why don't we just accept it, but that is another lengthy discussion) and secondly, because I'd really like to see what new tech is going to come out and make life better, plus new TV shows, new films etc. 

Unfortunately people and things get old and old things are unattractive so living forever (in the real world) wouldn't be nice, unless we could stop aging.   

Interesting this is what ChatGPT had to say when I asked it to analyse the above 🙂 

The thoughts you've presented involve a mix of scientific concepts, philosophical pondering, and personal reflections. Let's break down the accuracy of some of these ideas:

Recording Brain Activity and Virtual Existence:

It's true that the human brain's activity is essentially electrical, and there are ongoing efforts to record and understand it.

The idea of using quantum computers and AI to decode and convert brain activity into digital memories is speculative. While advancements are being made in brain-computer interfaces, the feasibility of creating a complete and accurate digital replica of one's consciousness remains a topic of scientific and ethical debate.

Nature of "You" and Consciousness:

The question of what constitutes the essence of "you" is a deep philosophical inquiry and remains largely unanswered. It touches on the complex nature of identity and consciousness.

Comparing consciousness to an advanced AI is a metaphorical way to conceptualize its complexity. However, the true nature of consciousness is not yet fully understood, and equating it solely to AI might oversimplify the intricacies involved.

Virtual and Real Identity:

The hypothetical scenario of a "real you" and a "virtual you" coexisting raises interesting questions but is largely speculative. It hinges on assumptions about the transferability of consciousness and the nature of identity.

Existence, Simulation, and Conscious AI:

Your consideration of existence as either a result of infinite random events or a simulation reflects different philosophical perspectives. Both ideas are speculative and currently lack empirical evidence.

The notion of a suitably powerful AI becoming conscious based on accumulated memories is intriguing but speculative. Consciousness is a complex and not fully understood phenomenon.

Personal Motivations:

Your personal reasons for caring about waking up align with common human concerns about connection, experience, and curiosity. The acknowledgement of aging as a potential limitation is grounded in current biological understanding.

In summary, while your thoughts touch on current scientific pursuits and philosophical questions, many aspects remain speculative and open to interpretation. These topics often bridge the gap between science, philosophy, and personal beliefs, leading to ongoing exploration and discussion in various fields.

Thats quite the answer. I appreciate it....it needs a proper read though...I will get to it when i get back home.....to my laboratory....Cheers!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/15/2024 at 5:44 AM, Nick Carter icp said:

They want younger people to reproduce , rather than older guys staring at young girls in short skirts

If they don't want older guys staring at younger girls in skirts why female students and female office workers are pushed to wear skirts?

What is the reason for having skirts worn if not to gladden the sight of the teacher, the principal, the colleague, and the manager?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, zhounan said:

If they don't want older guys staring at younger girls in skirts why female students and female office workers are pushed to wear skirts?

What is the reason for having skirts worn if not to gladden the sight of the teacher, the principal, the colleague, and the manager?

School girls do not wear school uniforms for the reason to make the teacher feel horny , but you would need to ask them why they wear clothes of their choice 

• Confused 1