UK Economy now in recession.

13 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

The latest economic data is out confirming the UK economy is now in recession:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/uk-recession-economy-sunak-business-gdp-news-b2496294.html

"was"

in technical recession for the end of 2023.

January to March will likely show minor growth. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

But but but Germany.

Cold comfort for people in the UK suffering in the recession but if it makes you yourself feel better.

It was claimed that the UK has the worst economy in the G7 group and I pointed out Germanys is worse than the UK's , of course I am going to say "but Germanys " is worse 

Don't you be concerned about people in the UK , you can celebrate in Thailand about the U.K having a recession 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ll be in the UK again next week with people who are suffering in this recession and have suffered under Austerity #1, Austerity #2 and the outcome of BREXIT. 

14 years of failed Government, lining the pockets of the few at expense of the many.

I’ll be reporting what I observe while there.

You have no need to wait until next week , you can write now about  food banks , homelessness, NHS queues , food shortages , Brexit failed , people freezing to death , a 90 year old woman with a leaky roof , someone with  toothache and cannot get a NHS appointment .

Cannot wait for the happy report 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, hotandsticky said:

"was"

in technical recession for the end of 2023.

January to March will likely show minor growth. 

These GDP figures includes Government UNFUNDED expenditure. Easy to show "growth" when it's on the credit card. The real decline is much greater. Add in 1 million + extra population and the GDP per capita is probably down 3%+.

Edited by Henryford
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Henryford said:

These GDP figures includes Government UNFUNDED expenditure. Easy to show "growth" when it's on the credit card. The real decline is much greater. Add in 1 million + extra population and the GDP per capita is probably down 3%+.

Probably, probably, probably................................you should be an economist.

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Well that’s a start, and evidence you are at least aware of some of the issues.

Fortunately there is a remedy, my punt is May but of course this news of their own failure might convince its architects to hang on until the Autumn in the hope of some good news washing up.

You are going to have a great time , flying back to the UK and going to a food bank and telling them all how cheap food is out there in tropical Thailand and how you don't need warm clothes "where I live"

You are going to cheer them all up 

• Confused 1

39 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

You are going to have a great time , flying back to the UK and going to a food bank and telling them all how cheap food is out there in tropical Thailand and how you don't need warm clothes "where I live"

You are going to cheer them all up 

You’re letting your imagination get the better of you.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Chomper Higgot said:

I’ll be in the UK again next week with people who are suffering in this recession and have suffered under Austerity #1, Austerity #2 and the outcome of BREXIT. 

14 years of failed Government, lining the pockets of the few at expense of the many.

I’ll be reporting what I observe while there.

A one-sided report, no doubt, plus, I thought your USA had worse problems, no NHS there........:whistling:

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

I do hope that you aren't going back to the UK just to get free NHS medical treatment 

How about spending more time addressing the subject of discussion, you’ll find it at the top of the thread…it’s not me.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

If you don't want the thread to turn to the subject of you, then stop making it all about you .

If you don't want posters to mention you going back to the UK, then , Don't mentioned yourself 

Erm….

17 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Don't you be concerned about people in the UK , you can celebrate in Thailand about the U.K having a recession 

On 2/15/2024 at 7:24 PM, retarius said:

We are 6 months into the new year. You prediction for growth is baseless, as all predictions are. The growth you are forecasting is unknowable because it hasn't happened yet. Whatever, the UK economy is appalling and worst in the G7 and after 14 years of Tory misrule. I do so hope they get kicked out at the next election....but the fools who vote for them are stupid, so they might not. 

On the bright side the lower the economy goes, the bigger the growth potential. Is UK, the Thailand oil Europe?

Be far worse under Labour.

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Its Mid February , so we are 6 weeks into the new year and not six months and Germanys economy is in a worse shape than the UK's

Well that's Green policies for you.