Navy Federal Credit Union Problems?

After the downgrade to the crappy new system I tried to make a credit card payment and like you had it just stall and lock up. I tried it again using a US based VPN connection and also tried with both Firefox and Edge. Same result each time. Just stalled.

I tried it again using the phone app and it worked fine doing it that way.

Pretty poor service considering they are the largest Credit Union in the country.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oddly, coincidence or not, Pentagon FCU also has recently done a similar re-do of their website... and ever since the new version began, I've been totally unable to log-in there with a Firefox browser..

Called Pentagon customer service, and was told their new website doesn't support Firefox anymore.... What kind of @#@#@ are they pulling?  Do these places ever consider the impact of such things on their customers?

• Thumbs Up 1

Problem solved.

Found at the bottom of the NFCU "digital security" page three sources for the phone app.  First one is the Apple app store, but I don't have an iPhone.  Next is the Google Play store, which doesn't have the app, at least not in Thailand.  Final option was the Amazon app store.  Huh!  Never knew Amazon had an app store, nor cared.

Anywho, had to first download and install the Amazon app store app in order to download and install the NFCU app.  It appears to be working.  I can access the transactions page and set up transfers.  No money in the accounts currently, so will have to wait until middle of next month to test transfer to Wise.

Gosh, aren't these modern, marvelous devices simply miracles of progress!

• Thumbs Up 1

Weird.

I've downloaded and installed the NFCU app, but there is no icon on the phone.  To run the app, I have to go to settings->apps&notifications->appinfo, and then scroll down the list of installed apps to manually start it.

Why?  I've got an icon for Amazon app store that I installed 5 minutes prior.

35 minutes ago, Smokin Joe said:

After the downgrade to the crappy new system I tried to make a credit card payment and like you had it just stall and lock up. I tried it again using a US based VPN connection and also tried with both Firefox and Edge. Same result each time. Just stalled.

I tried it again using the phone app and it worked fine doing it that way.

Pretty poor service considering they are the largest Credit Union in the country.

Fortunately I have my credit card set for autopay, having selected an amount shirley to be larger than the amount due, thus not having to set up a payment monthly.

Why did I do that?  NFCU is the only financial institution I'm aware of that does NOT allow autopayment to draw the actual amount due from a linked bank account.  Nope.  Gotta enter the exact amount each month manually, or set up a fixed monthly payment.

I suppose that's their thank you for my service.

• Thumbs Up 1

Same problem with trying to do a transfer on the "new and improved" website.  Screen freezes and times out so for any transfers I now have to use the phone app.

No problems with the bill pay section (yet) on the desktop website.  

The other troubling new feature is that - even when you have set up a payment - it doesn't show up in the "scheduled transactions" section of the relevant account.  You have to go back to bill pay to see what's scheduled to be paid on a future date.

8 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

I've been having NFCU for over 20 yrs, love them. But, yeah why do you have to mess with things that work. 

Very much like the "upgrade" of this forum... Programmers never consider end users... they have to justify their jobs so they sell their "upgrades" 

• Thumbs Up 1

Im using the new look site and I dont really like it but I have not had any of the troubles mentioned. I use Edge and Chrome browser as well as the android app. The experience so far has been the same. No issues. Not sure why your experiencing those problems. New deposits coming into the account do take a little longer to reflect in the available balance though.  Usually it seems to be a hour or so longer than usual. 

For the last 1 week, I was able to log in to the new "amazing" website but was NOT able to transfer money around within various accounts.  It just locked up the browser every time.  I exclusively use incognito mode in Chrome or InPrivate mode in Edge, no script blockers etc, and two factor ID every time.  Was extremely frustrating, and order of business this morning was to get on the horn with them, which always takes forever.

However, good news is this morning: I was able to log in on InPrivate mode in Edge and make a transfer between accounts.  Halleluiah!

Hopefully that's the last of the problems.  In way more than a decade using the old website I cannot remember once having any problems.  I refuse to use a phone app for banking, other than one Thai bank, and then keeping only very small amounts in the account.  The risk is way too high for nefarious activities IMHO, especially for a bank that can't even seem to get a web page to work correctly in 2024!  To each their own, though....

I can't speak about the NFCU problem, but I've had the same issues with play store "not available in your country".  Because I use an Android phone that is located in Thailand (Google/play store account), I found a used iPhone that I located in America with the Apple account.  I do my banking/credit card that are country sensitive on the iPhone.  You don't need a sim or phone number in the iPhone - just an internet connection.  I'm only using the iPhone as a platform, not a phone. 

28 minutes ago, n8sail said:

However, good news is this morning: I was able to log in on InPrivate mode in Edge and make a transfer between accounts.  Halleluiah!

In other good news.  The Navy system appears to be functioning now.

I logged on with using Firefox with ad blockers and script blockers still activated, was able to access the move money page and select items from the dropdown menus. 

I didn't complete a transaction, as I have no spare cash in the accounts.  The checking account is used solely to transfer cash from my broker as a firebreak between the moderately big bucks and Wise.

I'll do a transfer test tomorrow.  Sent a small amount from my broker on Friday, but today is a bank holiday.

16 minutes ago, kimothai said:

I can't speak about the NFCU problem, but I've had the same issues with play store "not available in your country". 

I set my Google Play to Thailand when attempting to download the immigration Section-38 application.  The change location option is deactivated for one full year after a change.

10 minutes ago, NoDisplayName said:

In other good news.  The Navy system appears to be functioning now.

I logged on with using Firefox with ad blockers and script blockers still activated, was able to access the move money page and select items from the dropdown menus. 

I didn't complete a transaction, as I have no spare cash in the accounts.  The checking account is used solely to transfer cash from my broker as a firebreak between the moderately big bucks and Wise.

I'll do a transfer test tomorrow.  Sent a small amount from my broker on Friday, but today is a bank holiday.

And I thought it was just me!  About a week or two back, I tried the new Moving money/start transaction function and it just froze up.  I tried several times and the same thing happened.  So I sent NFCU a message and they responded rather quickly to say they were working on the problem.

Well just yesterday I checked the Start Transaction function and it appears to be working.  I haven't made a transfer yet, but will soon just to test it out.  They haven't replied to my original message, but I'd imagine they will once they're sure the fix is confirmed.  Glad it wasn't just me and my old laptop....5555