Police Pursue Foreign Murder Suspects Who Escaped to Turkey, Intl. Collaboration Sought

webfact

image.jpeg

On February 15th, 2024, Pol. Maj. Gen. Noppasin Poolsawat, the deputy commissioner of the Metropolitan Police, publicly revealed the progress of a case involving a Myanmar national who was allegedly murdered by two foreign suspects in an apartment room in Khlong Toei, Bangkok.

According to the police reports, Mrs. Tae Thewin, the witness at the crime scene, was under police interrogation including the issue of whether or not the 5 million baht of the victim’s money that was claimed to have been stolen had actually been taken.

The victim’s wife, whose name was withheld by the police, was a potential witness to confirm whether Tae’s statement was true or not. The police would investigate further the victim’s frequent travel from Yangon, Burma to Bangkok, Thailand with more than 52 times on record.

Upon police investigation, the police would gather evidence for the case which reportedly was assumed to be connected to another scam in Thailand. The business between the victim and the two foreign suspects may be a so-called “grey” business, according to the police.

UPDATE: By Kittisak Phalaharn

The picture of the suspects were provided and released by Thai police.

Full story: THE PATTAYA NEWS 2024-02-17

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, damian said:

If it's the same international cooperation they sought for that tepid little man-child boss, then I don't fancy their chances. 

I'm sure their response to the murder of a brother officer was an (tonguie-in-cheek) anomaly similar to the jailing of Mr Thaksin. Clearly the police don't give a hoot about killings done by rich folk. 

• Sad 1

There was also some debate over the suspects true nationality and whether they were actually Scottish

This debate can be laid to rest, because according to Peter O'Toole "Scots do wear kilts" (The Last Emperor), and these guys do not:

1707905082029_0.jpg

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Scotsmen cannot be black?

First instance they were Scotsmen and later retracted to be Cameroonians. Now I could understand them initially being taken for Cameroonians but why Scotsmen first.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:

First instance they were Scotsmen and later retracted to be Cameroonians. Now I could understand them initially being taken for Cameroonians but why Scotsmen first.

They look like Scotsmen to me. 

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, IvorBiggun2 said:
11 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Scotsmen cannot be black?

Perhaps they told the victim that they were Scots.

Thinking about this, if I had just killed someone, I'd go to Sweden or some other Scandinavian country. I saw a movie in 1978 called Midnight Express about an American banged cop in a Turkish jail. I still have nightmares about it. Scandinavian jails are supposedly quite nice. 

Edited by retarius
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, retarius said:

Thinking about this, if I had just killed someone, I'd go to Sweden or some other Scandinavian country. I saw a movie in 1978 called Midnight Express about an American banged cop in a Turkish jail. I still have nightmares about it. Scandinavian jails are supposedly quite nice. 

Was an English man 

• Confused 1