Trump allies prepare to infuse ‘Christian nationalism’ in second administration

Social Media

1 hour ago, fredwiggy said:

Laws are meant to be judged, changed, adjusted. First part is ridding the world, congress, everywhere, of narcissist leaders. That takes time, as they have a lot of power and money behind the. Trump is one of them, voted in by half of my family and spurned by the other. I saw him for what he was years ago, and some can't see this. A lot think a lot of money made means you're smart, good, slick, whatever. It can also mean sly, scammer, liar, cheater and a friend of the same.

+1

36 minutes ago, retarius said:

The term Christian is misused almost all of the time. Personally I believe in Jesus' teachings but I abhor organised religion of any sort. The Sermon on the mount is the peak of morals and ethics for me.

But Jesus came to sweep away the Old Testament and its 10 commandments. But todays' American Christians know nothing of Jesus' teachings, and are fed the Jewish version ie the Old Testament a Vengeful Good and a vengeful way of life. They value warmongering and 'nuking' 'em' policies.

So what this really means is 'Jewish nationalist agenda' and is nothing about 'Christian nationalism' or 'Christian values'. 

There is no escaping this, because the words right out of Jesus' mouth were 'blessed are the peacemakers' not "blessed are the warmakers and the Military Industrial Complex for they shall make money"

If that's the case why is the old testament still on the books? Religion isn't the problem here, it's the self professed religious who distort the message.

34 minutes ago, retarius said:

Did Jesus preach hating anyone? No, he didn't. Sorry pal but you are the hypocrite pretending to be a Christian. 

The point of the article was that Christian nationalists are not just preaching the faith. They want to use religion to gain political power and exclude other religions and the irreligious.

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Possibly killing 2 birds with one stone.

America is a predominantly Christian country so politically it would make sense to appeal to those with Christian values.

image.png.c828134540449ea1fcd6d3e3d45643a1.png

It's not like he's the first one to do it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/23/us/biden-catholic-christian.html

image.png.e4ff20030d4f993fc77d4ac769c5ea0f.png

Christianity  goes to the core values of my countries founding,  Laws were designed and influenced by a higher power.

Screw the atheists and the non

assimilated Marxist. Go find another society to divide. Imop

George Washington:

The “security of a free Constitution,” he said, depends on “teaching the people themselves to know and to value their own rights; to discern and provide against invasions of them; to distinguish between oppression and the necessary exercise of lawful authority; . . . to discriminate the spirit of liberty from that of licentiousness,” and to unite “a speedy, but temperate vigilance against encroachments, with an inviolable respect for the laws.” If citizens start to take liberty for granted, if their culture — molded by journalists and writers, preachers and teachers — starts to hold other values in higher esteem, then the spirit that gives life to the Constitution will flicker out. Americans, Washington wrote on another occasion, should guard against “listlessness for the preservation of natural and unalienable rights,” for “no mound of parchm[en]t can be so formed as to stand against the sweeping torrent of boundless ambition on the one side, aided by the sapping current of corrupted morals on the other.”

https://manhattan.institute/article/the-vision-of-the-founding-fathers

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, stevenl said:

You really think they're doing this to get the lefties riled up? Not because they want to infuse Christian Nationalism into American politics? 

All it will do is motivate the unaffiliated to vote against him. Lefties will be laughing all the way to the white house 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ozimoron said:

If that's the case why is the old testament still on the books? Religion isn't the problem here, it's the self professed religious who distort the message.

The point of the article was that Christian nationalists are not just preaching the faith. They want to use religion to gain political power and exclude other religions and the irreligious.

In general, religion is not in itself the problem. The problem is people using religion to have some power and exert it on others (here and in most cases in the world and in history).

And it's often mean and incompetent people who do that.

2 minutes ago, placeholder said:

Do you know how many times "God" is mentioned in the body of the Constitution? If your answer is greater than zero, then you're wrong. You think the founding fathers just forgot to put it in?

The Philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth, affirmed his conviction that Jesus was not divine, but "a Teacher of Common Sense," primarily concerned with morality and ethical conduct.

1 minute ago, charleskerins said:

The Philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth, affirmed his conviction that Jesus was not divine, but "a Teacher of Common Sense," primarily concerned with morality and ethical conduct.

I assume you're referring to Thomas Jefferson who had his  own version of the New testament printed without any references to the miracles that Jesus supposedly performed.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Walker88 said:

You really have no clue about the founding principles of the USA.  Zero.

Not once does the word god or gods appear in the Constitution. John Adams specifically said the US is not a Christian country. Madison and Jefferson specifically put freedom of and from religion in the 1st Amendment. People can choose whatever faith they want, or no faith at all. Few of the Founders believed in any god. They wanted neither gods nor a king in the nation they built.

The Pledge did not exist in the 18th Century, and only in the 1950s, during the McCarthy Era, was 'under god' added. The Founders bent over backwards to keep any and all religions out of the government and law.

And this is from James Madison, also known as the Father of the Constitution:

"Is the appointment of Chaplains to the two Houses of Congress consistent with the Constitution, and with the pure principle of religious freedom? In strictness the answer on both points must be in the negative. The Constitution of the U. S. forbids everything like an establishment of a national religion."

https://www.mediamatters.org/sean-hannity/hannity-repeated-misleading-claim-james-madison-hired-first-chaplain-united-states

https://founders.archives.gov/documents/Madison/04-01-02-0549

Edited by placeholder

13 hours ago, JonnyF said:

America is a predominantly Christian country 

+

13 hours ago, Walker88 said:

"The Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.".

---John Adams

It seems the Founding Fathers disagree with you.

=

Just to clarify. That's from Article 11 of the Treaty of Tripoli, not just signed by then President, founding father John Adams in 1796 but importantly also ratified without debate unanimously by the Senate. So that wasn't even just one founding father; rather, that was the entire United States government in the times of the founding of this great nation declaring that the USA is NOT a Christian country.*

This is also highlighted in President founding father Thomas Jefferson's letter** to the Baptists explaining that establishment of religion means separation of church and state: "Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between man and his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legislative powers of government reach actions only, and not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should "make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof," thus building a wall of separation between church and State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties." (bolding mine)

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_of_Tripoli

**https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Letter_to_the_Danbury_Baptists_-_January_1,_1802

And now Trump as the ant-christ.  It gets better every day and it’s going to be hard top that one 

From a credible government news source:  Utube.  I thought it’s not allowed.  

I’m putting my money on AOC and the Squad as the anti-christ.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, placeholder said:

I assume you're referring to Thomas Jefferson who had his  own version of the New testament printed without any references to the miracles that Jesus supposedly performed.

The same founding father that stated “All men are created equal “ while owning slaves.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, G_Money said:

The same founding father that stated “All men are created equal “ while owning slaves.

If you're going to make slave-owning a decisive criterion as far as authors go, then that pretty much invalidates the entire Constitution including the Bill of Rights. Woke much?

Edited by placeholder
  • Thumbs Up 2

Posts with videos from unapproved social media sources contravening our Community Standards have been removed.  Please remember social media cannot be used unless it is from a credible news media source or a government agency.

Posts using derogatory nicknames or intentional misspelling of people’s names  will be deleted.  If you don’t want your post to be deleted, spell people’s names correctly.