Weird bugs/spots on some leaves

I noticed some white "trails" on the top of a few leaves on a few plants. The white trails/spots don't rub off. There is nothing on the underside of the leaf. The black spots didn't appear to be moving at all when I observed a micro-video that I took. The black blobs are varying sizes and can be scraped off. Plants seem pretty healthy otherwise. Any clues? Humidity is 50-60%, temp ranges 28-32C.

2024_02_20_20_04_06_086.png

2024_02_20_20_07_35_914.png

2024_02_15_18_03_22_185.png

2024_02_15_18_04_39_452.png

8 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Spider mites.

Thanks, BM2

I've considered that, but there's no motion, no legs, no webs, none on undersides.

I see now what looks to be eggs in the 2nd pic.

Just ordered a batch of ladybugs off Lazada!  🙂

• Like 1

could be leaf miners.  I think here there is a type of small fly that lays larvae inside the leaf.  hard to kill by spraying.  mostly it is recommended to remove the leaves as soon as you see evidence and burn them to prevent more from hatching.

google 

black spot--it may not be what you have, but i had it a lot on my roses--I discovered that it came from watering too early in the morning and getting the leaves wet, when there wasn't yet sufficient sun, or heat, to dry the water quickly, and it let to a fungus, called black spot--common in roses and some other leafy plants

could try to spray, but the answer was to trim off the infected leaves as quickly as possible so that it couldn't spread more easily.

On 2/21/2024 at 10:02 AM, BritManToo said:

Spider mites.

I've considered that, but there's no motion, no legs, no webs, none on undersides.

Any suggestions for treatment in veg if they are?

Had this problem with indoor grows in the US.  Spider mites don't like garlic, I learned from Ed Rosenthal's manual back in the 1980s.  The trick is how to keep pieces of crushed garlic inside the cluster of leaves, I ended up sticking pieces in the leaf-branch nodes.  Vaguely recall something to do with cayenne or other chilis,   I may have gotten rid of some but wasn't gone of it until I harvested what I could and then fumigated.  Looking back now, I'm thinking I should have put the garlic in little gauze bundles and hung them from the light rack in specific locations.

Best of luck.

• Like 1