Phuket Airport Fast Track

a3tsw

Firstly , apologies if this has been asked before , did check , but found nothing..

I will be arriving at Phuket International Airport from Kuala Lumpur in April and would like to know if there is a fast track lane through passport control for the over 70's.

I have found , through this site , that they have such a thing at BKK.

Last time I arrived on this flight a few Months ago , I had a wait of over an hour and don't think I could go through that again at my age.

Did a lot of searching for this information , but all I could find were some kind of dodgy looking sites charging a steep fee , for so called priority service.

7 hours ago, a3tsw said:

Firstly , apologies if this has been asked before , did check , but found nothing..

I will be arriving at Phuket International Airport from Kuala Lumpur in April and would like to know if there is a fast track lane through passport control for the over 70's.

Last time I arrived on this flight a few Months ago , I had a wait of over an hour and don't think I could go through that again at my age.

Did a lot of searching for this information , but all I could find were some kind of dodgy looking sites charging a steep fee , for so called priority service.

I am an over 70 and usually at Phuket Airport if you contact the airline rep at the arrival gate then the airport authority should expedite your arrival procedures. Personally i never play the elder card, but often the airline staff will offer when seeing the elderly (me).

• 2 months later...
On 2/21/2024 at 5:42 AM, a3tsw said:

Phuket does not have a arrival fast track but maybe can the airline rep help if you booked assistance.

• Thumbs Up 1

Posted (edited)

I have an LTR visa, and I am age 70 (and I have a Thai wife).

I always go through the Thai line, with my wife.

When I was age-69 (with the LTR visa) when leaving Phuket, the immigration line for foreigners was massive.  I entered the Thai line with my wife, and when we got to the immigration section for Thai, my wife and I ended up going to different IO booths.  The IO in my booth (for leaving Phuket) could not have known we were married.  I had no issue.  There was no line at the Thai section, so it was like fast track.   

It was the same when I entered Thailand (at age-69) when returning to Thailand, I went through the Thai line (this time my wife was ahead of me). The IO did not know we were married. And  I had no issue in the Thai line (except the LTR visa created a bit of a buzz, and hardly anyone at Phuket immigration had seen it, so my IO called over a bunch of other IO to look at the LTR stamp).

Then earlier this year, now age-70 (with the LTR visa), after checking in my luggage and getting my boarding pass to depart Phuket, the airline attendant told me to go through the Thai line.  He knew (1) I was age-70, and (2) I had an LTR visa.   I then walked through the Thai entrance (to get into the immigration hall) and they accepted me either because I was age-70 or because of my LTR visa.  The foreigner entrance was massive with hundreds in line. Must have been more than a 30 minute wait for the foreigners to get to the departures immigration booths.   The Thai line had NO one in line, and my Thai wife and I went through separate booths with no issue, and the IO could not have known we were married.

Then when I re-entered Thailand (again I am age-70, with an LTR visa) I went through the Thai line because it was empty (and the foreigner line had a number of people waiting).  Once again my wife and I ended up at different Thai IO booths.   Again, the IO did not know I was married to a Thai.  This time the IO was totally puzzled by my LTR visa, and he held it up to the booth glass to another IO booth, and that IO officer stated back "something in Thai and LTR visa".  The second IO (from the other booth) then walked over to the booth where I was and I believe explained to the IO in my booth, how to process the LTR visa 'entrance stamp with the permission to stay date".  Again , this was the Thai line.

If not having an LTR visa and not being married to a Thai enough to use the Thai line (if one is entitled to "Fast Track" ) ?  I don't know for certain, but I believe it worth a try.  I suspect age-70 may be adequate.

So my suggestion for Phuket, if one is entitled to the fast track ?   Try going to the Thai line if that line is shorter.  The worst that could happen is they send one to the foreigner line, and that has never happened (yet) to me.

Edited by oldcpu
  • Thumbs Up 1