UK 10 year visit visa - TB test

Just submitted the online application for the 10 year UK visit visa, dont really anticipate problems wife had a 5 year in 2017 and we have travelled almost annually since 2009, including most years with Schenegen travel also. She has significant UK and global travel, we are married, no issues with funds, have a UK home as well as a Thai one, etc etc. The app itself should be smooth. 

Only thing I cant remember from our last 5 year visa app is if she needs the TB clearance test. Online guidance says its not needed if you don't intend to stay more than 6 months, which we don't, I am just concerned that the fact that its a 10 year visit visa means we need to have one. I cannot remember if we did one in 2017 or not. 

Application (with card fees and VFS) is well over a grand GBP these days so I dont want to get a rejection for a simple thing I should have included. We also have a fairly tight application schedule as I need a UK visa, a Schengen visa and a Irish Visa for our summer holidays this year, each one takes time. 

TB tests are only required if individual stays can exceed six months at a time, the Standard Visit Visas of any length to not do not allow individual visits of more than six months, so no TB test is required.

• Like 1

You havr have the correct answer, but a question to you. Why do you need an Irish visa, that is covered by a Shengan visa. Also if your wife has a UK visa, this also allows entry to Ireland.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2024 at 8:17 AM, jimn said:

You havr have the correct answer, but a question to you. Why do you need an Irish visa, that is covered by a Shengan visa. Also if your wife has a UK visa, this also allows entry to Ireland.

Ireland isnt schengen.. An Irish tourist visa doesnt allow mainland EU travel or vice versa. 

Are you sure about UK visit visa allowing Irish access ?? Other obviously than northern ireland. 

Just had a check, none of my wifes UK visas issued over the last 2 decades are marked with BVIS which is apparently the British Irish Visa Scheme. 

Are you sure a 10 year UK visit visa is applicable, internet seems to indicate otherwise. 

8 hours ago, LivinLOS said:

Ireland isnt schengen.. An Irish tourist visa doesnt allow mainland EU travel or vice versa. 

Are you sure about UK visit visa allowing Irish access ?? Other obviously than northern ireland. 

Apologies yes just checked. Republic of Ireland is not a Schengan country because of the existence of the Common Travel Area CTA agreement with the UK. Meaninh anyone with a UK visit visa can also use this to visit the Republic of Ireland.