Thai police officers face bankruptcy with debt over 300 billion baht

webfact

Those who are in any debt obligation Thai Government should move all their incomes and spending consumption in digital coins wallet like Singaporians do.

Every month State will take 30% of monthly income for their debt repayment.

They will be suspicious for criminal activities or illicit and illegal activities in order to pay back their debt and State Tax Authorities are obliged to check them out.

Ιf you have mortgage loan -consumer loan -car loan etc you should be paid electronically using your digital coin wallet to check you the Tax Authorities.

Write off -forgiveness all Banks across the world do not aknowledge but the send the "bill" to Governments to increase taxes and price products in super markets so majority of civilians who do now owe to pay your loan and you will continue to make your "american dream".

Edited by Paris333
  • Confused 1

Short staffed you sure? All these transfers to inactive posts must be well overstaffed a little bit retraining to not be so greedy and to share your ill gotten gains with the less fortunate bib we will soon get back to normal 😉 

I have no sympathy for the RTP, they are paid to uphold the law and in many cases they are the primary offenders of scams, trafficking, corruption & many of the other illegal happenings in Thailand. I believe all government employees can get cheap loans with little or no security and if you have ever loaned a Thai person money you will know first hand that they dont honour their debts!

• Thumbs Up 1

With all the big money the cops make in bribes and corruption. the still cannot repay their debts ? Really.

On the other hand, walk past any large Police station and get amazed with the latest model brand new cars in the staff parkings.

Edited by Sigmund
  • Agree 1

The plea of head police sounds so ridiculous its not funny.   

Mom I ate the whole cookie jar so we need to get more. 

Are they going to make flats all over Thailand for every officers mia noi? 

I had to let go a nice school director. Main reason besides 2 teens,  was her dept. She could have retired with  20,000 baht/mo pension but that equaled her dept payment.  She was 46 and I calculated that she would be 85 before she paid off her debt.  They had let her borrow and borrow and just rollled new money inti the same loan.  So she was paying on a car from 15 years ago.   She informed me there is no bankruptcy in Thailand and if they stop paying they loose their job.  Also there was a life insurance payment included. 

I say fire most officers and start over.  Need to be asking for money for better training.  Need to allow foreign police to come help train and run things. 

2 hours ago, Accidental Tourist said:

Urgently need for bigger brown envelopes...

Or immediate action required in putting up more road blocks to racket all the farangs living in the popular areas like phuket or hua hin or pattaya

Thank you very much lopburi3 for posting the 2nd link below, the Bloomberg article!

It explains the serious debt problem that so much of the Thai population     and     the country's economy is facing much more clearly than the very vague AseanNow article (which was focused on the Thai policemen's debt) that we read here and are all commenting on.

lopburi3 had posted:

"Which, if my math is right (often is not) makes the average amount about 1.3 million baht per officer.

Wiki puts officers between 210,700 and 230,000.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Thai_Police

Other sources place one million baht debit at less that 14% of total individuals.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-06-30/why-thais-have-high-household-debt-and-why-it-s-risky?embedded-checkout=true"

3 hours ago, stoner said:

next time call his bluff. tell him yes lets go station do real ticket. good chance he will not want to waste that time as he could be working others and not taking you to the station for a long bla bla bla session.

A few years back I was pulled over on my bike - and refused to pay the spot fine. After a minute or two grumpy threats the officer said 'follow me' and sped off leaving me sitting there. So I waited . . . and waited . . . and then carried on home.

Like all government employees they get ridiculous multiples of their income usually from government owned banks because there is no due diligence.

They all have decent homes, big cars, own businesses in some cases on a paltry salary.

It's about time the chickens came home to roost.

Thai police officers face bankruptcy with debt over 300 billion baht.

Now, Who's fault is it that all those cops are in Debt ? 

Same as the rest of the people.

Self inflicted by Living Beyond their means and mismanagement of their budget.

15 hours ago, Elkski said:

The plea of head police sounds so ridiculous its not funny.   

Mom I ate the whole cookie jar so we need to get more. 

Are they going to make flats all over Thailand for every officers mia noi? 

I had to let go a nice school director. Main reason besides 2 teens,  was her dept. She could have retired with  20,000 baht/mo pension but that equaled her dept payment.  She was 46 and I calculated that she would be 85 before she paid off her debt.  They had let her borrow and borrow and just rollled new money inti the same loan.  So she was paying on a car from 15 years ago.   She informed me there is no bankruptcy in Thailand and if they stop paying they loose their job.  Also there was a life insurance payment included. 

I say fire most officers and start over.  Need to be asking for money for better training.  Need to allow foreign police to come help train and run things. 

Sadly foreign training wont change the mentality thats embedded in Thai's, they are there own worst enemy!