No charging option in condo - Need advice

24 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Do you know  if there are others driving hybrids or BEV owners at the complex.  Also is the parking area 'open' to public or guarded.

Elexa will install charging station at vendors, condos.  If 'open' parking, then anyone could use, would be a plus, and no cost the the condo owners themselves.  We've stopped at coffee shops that have Elexa charging cables while O&A.

That's nice for free.

But a condo building owners/managers are always looking for ways to skim money off the unit owners,  and they would sure come up with some new fees, for the privilege of using this charging service,  and put that cost on the annual condo fee for all unit owners.

Very few things are truly free in Thailand and this won't be one.

Edited by quake

8 minutes ago, eisfeld said:
1 hour ago, Liverpool Lou said:

"No charging option in condo - Need advice"

Don't buy another vehicle that needs a charger.

It doesn't need a charger. It cahn use one, it doesn't need one. It's a hybrid.

Yes, I can read, and I know what a hybrid is.  It's the OP needing a charging point for his hybrid, per his OP,  so tell him that, not me!

5 minutes ago, quake said:

That's nice for free.

But a condo building owners/managers are always looking for ways to skim money off the unit owners. and they would sure come up with some new fee for the privilege of using this charging service and put that cost on the annual condo fee.

Very few things are truly free in Thailand.

No idea how the partnerships work, if so, share install cost & profits, as charge 7-8 baht a kWh, while themselves paying less.

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

No charging option in condo 

If I lived in a condo I would never buy an EV or expect to charge my vehicle from a communal electric outlet. 

In my children's condo I see a few old Chinese woman riding these little electric bicycle/scooter things, they use the communal electricity daily. 

I brought it to the Juristic management attention that they can catch on fire etc but they don't seem to be concerned. 

Edited by SAFETY FIRST

4 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

No idea how the partnerships work, if so, share install cost & profits, as charge 7-8 baht a kWh, while themselves paying less.

The skimmers won't want that.

and many owners won't want EV charging on site,  as they don't have any car

in the first place.

Once more EV owners thinking they are the only people on the planet.

Yawn.

• Confused 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

I expect the government to legislate at some point.

Yeah, that was this information I was really looking for here. Anybody knows if the government plan a law regarding EV ?

Because, if it goes as fast as weed legislation, it can come very quick.

4 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Let me guess, you are one of those people who think global warming is a myth ?

And why would people without car care about having EV chargers in their condo if they don't have to pay a penny for it ?

You don't get it.

Nothing is free in Thailand. 

Even if your dumb enough to believe that, I did try to explain what will happen in a condo building with regards to free installation.

but that's above your head.

Global warming, cheap shot, you child.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, JBChiangRai said:

EV owners are the future

You're a fossil using fossil fuel

Maybe but not in condos.

I'm not against Ev's, just some of there dumb entitled owners. 

Good day. :thumbsup:

Edited by quake
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

OP are there condos in your area that have charging stations on their property? If yes, ask them how they went about installing it, fees, customer satisfaction, etc.

Or ask if you can buy and install your own personal charger, maybe you can ask the companies that install chargers if they know of ways to get the condo to get one.

https://www.evmall.co.th/

Edited by bbko
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, quake said:

You don't get it.

Nothing is free in Thailand. 

Even if your dumb enough to believe that, I did try to explain what will happen in a condo building with regards to free installation.

but that's above your head.

Global warming, cheap shot, you child.

You started it buddy. Anyway, once again you are wrong.

Nothing is free in Thailand, if you are talking about companionship, you are probably right 🙂

However, let's take solar panels example, the company I worked for just signed a contract to install solar panel on our 9000SQM roof.

Cost of the installation: 0THB

Cost of the maintenance and replacement of deflective panels: 0THB

How do they money ? Well they sell us the KW that they produce with the panels at a cheaper rate than the country grid and they still make money, we save money, everybody win.

Don't you think they do the same with chargers ? They install for free and then they invoice you according to what you consume (obviously more expensive than if it was on your common electrical outlet but it's totally normal, nobody works for free).

So since you are an expert, please explain me in deep detail how doing a partnership with a EV charging company would be bad for the condo ?

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Henryford said:

My condo has banned EV parking/charging. Too dangerous for other cars and the condo when it bursts into flames.

Our Condo AGM addressed this last year. Thankfully sense prevailed and EV charging was banned too. Too much risk if and EV car burst into flames and took out all the other cars, and quite likely, destroying the whole building too. Anyone see the fire at Luton Airport parking structure last year? 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

23 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I own a condominium and I am happy that there are no EV charging stations in our building. 

That will help to prevent fires in the building.

I also suggested to the committee that nobody should be allowed to take any small EVs like scooters up to the residential area. The risk of fire is just too high.

Norway-Fire-1024x555.jpg

skynews-escooter-fire_6158769.jpg

Totally agree on all that Chinese low quality equipment (kid scooters, hoverboard and other toys).

However, regarding the car industry, is there any statistics about EV car burning in Thailand ?

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Dewey said:

You started it buddy. Anyway, once again you are wrong.

Nothing is free in Thailand, if you are talking about companionship, you are probably right 🙂

However, let's take solar panels example, the company I worked for just signed a contract to install solar panel on our 9000SQM roof.

Cost of the installation: 0THB

Cost of the maintenance and replacement of deflective panels: 0THB

How do they money ? Well they sell us the KW that they produce with the panels at a cheaper rate than the country grid and they still make money, we save money, everybody win.

Don't you think they do the same with chargers ? They install for free and then they invoice you according to what you consume (obviously more expensive than if it was on your common electrical outlet but it's totally normal, nobody works for free).

So since you are an expert, please explain me in deep detail how doing a partnership with a EV charging company would be bad for the condo ?

Never said I was an expert.

And stop defecting things talking about solar power and your job. yawn.

But I know what condo management get up to most of the time.

( sorry I forgot it will all be free in the long run ) :cheesy:

Now let just point out something to you.

You plugged your car in to a socket in the parking area of your condo.

Now you had no idea what the rating of the wiring was from that socket.

or the state of it. but you just plugged it in and went off to bed.

What a dangerous entitled person you were to do that. 

Now you must live in a very very nice condo.

Because if you had done that in my building.

it would have been unplugged with in a few minutes, by security.

if you had done it a second time ( as you did )

your car would have been jacked up on 4 dollies and remove from that area and left up on the dollies ( locked) until you went to the office to explain what you were doing. ( possible fine)

Entitled EV owners shinning so bright.

I live in a crap building unlike you. :cheesy:

Well done for your care and due diligence when selecting a vehicle.

and accommodation. top marks -100

But get ready for an annul fee increase,.

you will understand that when it comes,  and it will, that's if they do entertain EV charging in your condo. very unlikely at present

Good luck.

Edited by quake